Raise Spectre

"
netd777 wrote:
After a couple YEARS of poe I'm really thinking about quitting. I know some people are tired of hearing about this drama, but this has annoyed summoners since the beta.

The current state of the player not being stored is not a summoner exclusive problem, since anyone with any aura or buff has to recast it everytime they die or log in. That is boring to do every time, ok, but is not ubeareable.

Raising zombies is far more problematic since you need a resource (corpses) that you have to get by killing mobs or using descecrate, and if you have 10 zombies like me this gets pretty boring,a lot of time wasted.

Now, Raise spectre is a hole new level of this shit. To be effective with them you need a certain build with certain gear and certain support gems only to make a specific type of spectre work. That part is not terrible since is part of the gameplay. OFC you could have a wider array of spectre types to choose, but at least you have some. Sure, level cap could be balanced in a LOT SMARTER way, but that isn't unbeareable. It could be better, but is not the end of the world.

Now, needing to have and spend a specific map to farm a couple corpses of a specific type EVERY TIME YOU LOG IN is just... I love necro builds, and they got a lot better with the ascendancy class IMO, but I feel dumb spending 10 mins only to prepare for a simple hunt every time I log in. Doesn't even make sense lore wise. If you stole a soul, why the hell would they disapear suddently?
Recently I had a few connection instability and got disconnected a few times, and EVERY TIME A HAD TO LOG IN AGAIN I WOULD HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER 10 MINUTES DOING THE PREPARATIONS. I went back to the same place I was 10 seconds ago and I COUD SEE THE SPECTRES BEING DELETED. They were still there. Sometimes I leave my game open for an hour while I'm taking a shower or eating, just because I don't wanna loose my minions.

Another problem is spell echo. I've never heard about any freaking build that had to summon spectres really fast, like, wtf. Having to REMOVE A GEM to farm the corpses THEN PUTTING IT BACK just makes it even worse. Why not make spell echo only work with the minion like spell totem? Why not summon 2 identical spectres from a single corpse? ANYTHING BUT RAISING A RANDOM CORPSE NEARBY!

Seriously, I think I spent more than 30 minutes doig just that this sunday, just because of a few disconnects. This is not fun anymore, sumoners have suffered a lot since the release because of the lack of good gear and small amount of decent nodes on the tree. I've waited so much time for these quality of life changes and they never came.

It's so much pain to play this build since it's already being held back numbers wise, but this pratical problems are just too freaking unbeareable after so much time. My other builds take like 10s of preparing for a hunt, and some don't have any whatsoever, I feel like I'm being robbed of loot and XP because I spend so much time doing something stupid instead.

I'm sorry GGG, I understand this is not a huge company, your time and resources are limited, but so many time has passed and there's not even a promisse of resolving those issues. I know being dramatic like this and being aggressive will not achieve anything but making me look like a moron, I still have to call you negligent towards the summoner players.

Pretty much nailed it
"
netd777 wrote:
After a couple YEARS of poe I'm really thinking about quitting. I know some people are tired of hearing about this drama, but this has annoyed summoners since the beta.

The current state of the player not being stored is not a summoner exclusive problem, since anyone with any aura or buff has to recast it everytime they die or log in. That is boring to do every time, ok, but is not ubeareable.

Raising zombies is far more problematic since you need a resource (corpses) that you have to get by killing mobs or using descecrate, and if you have 10 zombies like me this gets pretty boring,a lot of time wasted.

Now, Raise spectre is a hole new level of this shit. To be effective with them you need a certain build with certain gear and certain support gems only to make a specific type of spectre work. That part is not terrible since is part of the gameplay. OFC you could have a wider array of spectre types to choose, but at least you have some. Sure, level cap could be balanced in a LOT SMARTER way, but that isn't unbeareable. It could be better, but is not the end of the world.

Now, needing to have and spend a specific map to farm a couple corpses of a specific type EVERY TIME YOU LOG IN is just... I love necro builds, and they got a lot better with the ascendancy class IMO, but I feel dumb spending 10 mins only to prepare for a simple hunt every time I log in. Doesn't even make sense lore wise. If you stole a soul, why the hell would they disapear suddently?
Recently I had a few connection instability and got disconnected a few times, and EVERY TIME A HAD TO LOG IN AGAIN I WOULD HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER 10 MINUTES DOING THE PREPARATIONS. I went back to the same place I was 10 seconds ago and I COUD SEE THE SPECTRES BEING DELETED. They were still there. Sometimes I leave my game open for an hour while I'm taking a shower or eating, just because I don't wanna loose my minions.

Another problem is spell echo. I've never heard about any freaking build that had to summon spectres really fast, like, wtf. Having to REMOVE A GEM to farm the corpses THEN PUTTING IT BACK just makes it even worse. Why not make spell echo only work with the minion like spell totem? Why not summon 2 identical spectres from a single corpse? ANYTHING BUT RAISING A RANDOM CORPSE NEARBY!

Seriously, I think I spent more than 30 minutes doig just that this sunday, just because of a few disconnects. This is not fun anymore, sumoners have suffered a lot since the release because of the lack of good gear and small amount of decent nodes on the tree. I've waited so much time for these quality of life changes and they never came.

It's so much pain to play this build since it's already being held back numbers wise, but this pratical problems are just too freaking unbeareable after so much time. My other builds take like 10s of preparing for a hunt, and some don't have any whatsoever, I feel like I'm being robbed of loot and XP because I spend so much time doing something stupid instead.

I'm sorry GGG, I understand this is not a huge company, your time and resources are limited, but so many time has passed and there's not even a promisse of resolving those issues. I know being dramatic like this and being aggressive will not achieve anything but making me look like a moron, I still have to call you negligent towards the summoner players.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I've got to a point where playing feels more like a chore than fun.
Haven't read the thread, but change I want.

Raise Spectre or Vaal Raise Spectre
When you have gem equipped, you get equivalent of "detonate mines" but as an "imprint corpse". Raise spectre would be like a vaal skill and require souls to summon the spectre. The spectre is the level of the corpse used or the level of the zone it was summoned in (which ever is lower). Imprinted corpses stay imprinted between logins.
Last edited by JudauVidan on Sep 19, 2016, 6:42:33 PM
"
netd777 wrote:

Spot on. All this and more mentioned in the thread would take a few hours or at most a few days to implement. It's not like we're asking for a summoner overhaul or anything time consuming like that.

GGG doesn't feel it's a priority. That's all. It's not about company size or the time it would take.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Sep 20, 2016, 10:08:18 PM
I recently made a Necromancer after a long time, and summoning spectres again and again becomes tedious. I wish it can be kept like Animate Guardian.

I also think the type spectres we are able to summon is lacking.
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
"
netd777 wrote:

Hire this man.
The new golem jewels is just proof to me feels like they've given up on touching Raise Specter anymore. Last League gave us Unending Hunger which to me feels like the current Band-Aid for Specter focused Summoners. I'd rather though they make proper QoL changes like Desecrate giving us more choices of Desecrate-exclusive Corpses which can be raised up with similar roles to the popular minions.

I.E:
Necromancer-Looking Mages that casts spells similar to the Carrion Queens Fireballs.

A Knitted Horror-Based Minion that uses Puncture or Barrage.

A Collosal Bonestalker-Based Minion with Increased HP and performs a warcry that now and then.

And making Raise Spectre let you raise Minions to Player Level instead of capping at Instance Level. But keeping the downscaling when going to lower level instances.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Losing T 14 Spectres because DC !!!
"
netd777 wrote:

And these are the main reasons I don't play PoE much. I've always wanted to play with Raise Spectre, but too little choice in fun minions and far too much of a chore to play.
Take care out there.
"
netd777 wrote:

+1 made a spectre summoner and it is extremely frustrating losing t14 / t15 spectres just because you log out or get a dc. especially since logging out is a mandatory (skill) to survive in Hardcore.

Edit:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
In future, minions will have their own health portraits, and other features that let you see your minion's status easily. Other features have been requested, like un-summon options, more visual feedback, directional indicators, etc.

We will also include a way to not target your own minions when this is added, so you don't accidentally click on them.

Minions will also follow you between areas in future.

Any eta on these promises from 2011 ?
Last edited by Mrowen70 on Jan 24, 2017, 12:58:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info