Phase Run

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Incredible skill for movement. Very underwhelming for damage in the 3 different builds I've tried it so far. I'm assuming that is intended though. My real issue with this skill is the fact that sometimes you can turn it on while running but often (70% of the time i reckon) you have to stop then press it and run. I don't really know if the intended state of the spell is for it to require you to stop to use it or not but It's quite annoying. Would be really nice if you could always either A. trigger it while running, but still being stopped and going trough the animation. or B. Have an animation that plays out "on the run" making the skill more responsive and even usable within fights to re-position quickly. It would make early game for Dex based fighters a lot more high paced and fun I reckon.
Been goofing around with this skill lately and that was the first thing I noticed as well - the fact that it has a 'cast time' and cast animation makes it feel a little clunky. I'd love it if you could just hit the skill while running to seamlessy go into phase run.

Maybe it's a balance or technical issue, but that was my first impression anyways.
I agree with the above, it's not that fun to use due to the cast time interruption, and responsiveness issues. It's definitely better than the equivalent spell in Torchlight (Haste), which makes you stand still for a second to cast it, but it's still not great.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 96(Settlers GSF)
I also agree with the above posts. I always try to cast it on the move, but always have to stop and cast it.
Also, just a suggestion, instead of the mediocre melee damage increase, could it do something like increase evasion by a % until you attack, or for the first attack against you?
I'm also unsure of the 0.8 monster response time on this skill... It is not even noticeable if it does anything at all and it doesn't seem to scale with the gems level, either.
I've installed PoE on another comp and i've noticed there is a significant difference in feel with this skill (with the same character). On the new computer (which runs at only 15fps, unlike my previous which is 50fps), it actually works better. It seems like a keystroke input issue. It's still not perfect even on this comp, but it's definitely better. Much less missed keystrokes. I'm using the same connection, so it's not ping-related.
From my usage of this skill, it feels like its only useful to travel from point a to point b. Its almost impossible to use this well trying to kite.

The monster response time doesn't feel quite in place with this skill. Prehaps changing that to evasion whilst this is up (then prehaps you could use this to grab groups of mobs with a boosted evasion then aoe them down).

It's great for a claw user that wants to get out of danger, but then once you get flicker strike, it's rather unnecessary unless you are hauling ass away from a pack of things. I don't use it for damage, since so far, it is much less useful than flicker strike for getting into a fight, away from it, and causing damage.

It should at least have an elemental damage portion to it, maybe chaos, and some reason to use it other than "OMG, there are ten bandits after me, let me get the hell away".

You aren't really interested in damage at that point.

Hey, maybe have it give a trail of chaos damage? That would make it kind of fun, then while you are fleeing your behind off, you are also causing damage. While you are using it in a dungeon, they pile into your chaos trail.

Just a suggestion on how to make this fun besides just sneaking, because sneaking isn't really something it works for either. This is "run the hell away" and since it is, give it a damage trail while you "run the hell away". It could make it a fun and unique skill that way.

EDIT: It's not like dex melee characters have a plethora of aoe spells, either. This could morph into something fun and unique for the build.
Last edited by aerows on Dec 18, 2011, 12:05:06 AM
0.9.5 feedback below this post

"
aerows wrote:
Hey, maybe have it give a trail of chaos damage? That would make it kind of fun, then while you are fleeing your behind off, you are also causing damage. While you are using it in a dungeon, they pile into your chaos trail.

That's a really neat idea, i like it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info