Flicker Strike

I couldn't wait to try out flicker strike with deterministic lockstep. Guess it will never happen, since with no way to generate decent amounts of frenzy charges flicker strike is dead. And the quality bonus is nerfed hard too, and so is the attackspeed bonus.
"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
And the quality bonus is nerfed hard too, and so is the attackspeed bonus.

If you have 75% IAS, the new More Attack Speed modifier breaks even with a current lv18 Flicker. Considering IAS is far from rare (Flicker alone grants 10% IAS per Frenzy Charge on top of the innate 4% per), that's hardly impactful and possibly even a buff.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 10, 2015, 9:14:27 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Shieldbreaker wrote:

If you have 75% IAS, the new More Attack Speed modifier breaks even with a current lv18 Flicker. Considering IAS is far from rare (Flicker alone grants 10% IAS per Frenzy Charge on top of the innate 4% per), that's hardly impactful and possibly even a buff.

From the wording I understood that the increased attack speed and increased attack speed per frenzy charge were removed. If only the increased attack speed was removed, then it is indeed a buff in most scenarios. But if they removed the 15% attack speed per frenzy charge, then that is still a huge nerf.

But attackspeed is rather irrelevant if you can't keep flickering because you can only generate like 0,55 frenzy charges on kill, with blood rage and blood dance. Get an unlucky streak and your flickering stops.

My unique staff flicker build is ruined, and I worked for months on it, hoping to play it desync free :(
"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Shieldbreaker wrote:

From the wording I understood that the increased attack speed and increased attack speed per frenzy charge were removed. If only the increased attack speed was removed, then it is indeed a buff in most scenarios. But if they removed the 15% attack speed per frenzy charge, then that is still a huge nerf.

But attackspeed is rather irrelevant if you can't keep flickering because you can only generate like 0,55 frenzy charges on kill, with blood rage and blood dance. Get an unlucky streak and your flickering stops.

My unique staff flicker build is ruined, and I worked for months on it, hoping to play it desync free :(
Ice bite? If it maybe gets you to 100% charge on kill.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
So, anyone have any luck with it? All of my characters that used it were bricked. So much survivability lost from losing darkray vectors to pick up blood dance, from the new, stronger degen from blood rage, and increased monster damage. Also,health, requiring more hits to kill them to get frenzy charges.
... i had a neraly good running Shadow Flicker (without CI) i had some tough moments on 75+ maps and had to take care... but now, nearly ALL of my Skillgems got reworked ... and the result:
Flicker isnt possible anymore (no charges generated), had to socket LL to sustain a littlebit more -> less dmg -> less chance for a kill -> less chance for a charge..
i spent a lot of time for farming and trading... and now ... it seems as if all was jsut wasted time :(

i am understanding that nerfs had to be done ... but destroying a build that was not absolutly overpowered really hurts :(
In the patch notes it says,"The camera is now smoothly interpolated between positions while using Flicker Strike or changing who you are spectating in a PvP match."

I was testing out Flicker striking multiple times and the camera moves exactly the same as it used to. I was under the impression that with the supposed camera change that the screen camera would smoothly follow your character instead of flashing the whole screen all over the place.

"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
So, anyone have any luck with it? All of my characters that used it were bricked. So much survivability lost from losing darkray vectors to pick up blood dance, from the new, stronger degen from blood rage, and increased monster damage. Also,health, requiring more hits to kill them to get frenzy charges.

Who is trying it with a new char vs an established char?
KorgothBG was saying he felt his build for 2h still worked.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/528011/page/63

I have not tried playing my old high level Flickerranger on Standard.
My new one is not working well at all.

Although, after a bit of back and forth, he does seem to agree blood dance might be "required".
Bloodrage is not enough. Or, possibly poachers/icebite.

It without a doubt forces Flicker builds to late game. its totally ineffective in a 3link now. while you used to be able to start as soon as you got blood rage. though, multistrike/msplash of course super good.
And the you need to support it with additional links. whirling blades+curse on hit+poachers mark+fortify?
or maybe, ice bite as part of flicker links. With hatred and herald of ice.
Oro flicker builds got buffed though, big time.
I've been running a lvl 73 Oro's flicker striker on Warbands. I've never run a dedicated Flicker-striker before, so I'm not sure if the skill is bugged or meant to act this way, but occasionally when flickering my character will stop and run a little before starting back up. Needless to say, this is bad for survivability. It happens in packs with plenty of targets, so it's not doing it to find a target (and this is with lockstep, so the enemies I'm seeing should be there). I'm just holding down flicker the whole time and not clicking with my mouse at all. And I'm actually running between flickers. I also have frenzy charges up when this happens and I'm running blood magic, so it's not that I'm out of mana.

My best guess is that the target of the flicker strike is moving out of range so I automatically run after it. If this is so, I hope that GGG fixes this, either by having the skill select a new target in range or having only the range to the target matter when the skill is initially chosen. Stopping a series of flicker strike attacks to chase down one mob that's running away when other mobs are attacking you is not fun.

I'm also having issues with randomly stopping flickering based on my mouse cursor position. I figure some of these interruptions are coming from stuns, I guess, but all in all this is really annoying a skill with inherent survivability risks--which are fun--built into the gameplay (and no damage buff from linking Fortify with Oro's) has what appears to be technical glitches killing me as well--less fun.
Last edited by millsz on Jul 19, 2015, 12:16:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info