Fireball

"
fxyo wrote:
Base cast speed is absolutely horrible. Spell damage hardly effects it at all. Everyone just masses crit. Make spell damage nodes actually useful. (outside of the 12% ones) It isnt even worth getting immolation in an end game build because the 6% buildup is trashy, and you can spend the points down shadow for 24% spell damage and 9% cast speed instead.

just broken and imbalanced.

You stack crit as caster because it is the only real 'more' multiplier besides conc. effect and low-life/ rigteous fire.
In addition to that crit also is the most effective one cause you can get a lot of crit chance and dmg on gear.
(with good gear you'll do a shitton of dmg because of high crit rate and multiplier - if u dont concentrate on crit, then you will do shitty dmg because there are simply NO good (= 'more') dmg mods on gear. Castspeed and spelldmg on gear is pretty pathetic compared to what crit can do.

'Increased' modifiers are not useless, but you can get so much on gear...

You dont want spelldmg with a fire build anyway, as %firedmg boosts your on hit dmg AND burning dmg aswell since couple of patches ago...

Fireballs base castspeed is OK with 1.15 casts and a hit-dmg of 368–553 at lvl 20.
You dont have to invest a lot in castspeed to get about two casts per second.
Compare this with 2H weapons and you will see the dps isnt that bad.
You dont have stuff like Multistrike or uniques like quillrain as caster...

=> Castspeed and spell dmg nodes arent that bad.
Caster simply need some good support gems and gear with some kind of 'more' multiplier wich doesnt work with crit, so that you are not forced to go crit with 90% of all spells if you want to do dmg in lategame.

Last edited by azraelb on Jan 1, 2014, 4:09:29 PM
I think the projectiles are way too slow. Base cast speed is too slow, it should be closer to FP. Mana cost is too high.

Damage is meh.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Feb 19, 2014, 11:56:56 AM

fireball
+ trap
+ ele prolif
+ increased aoe -> dont use conc effect, you want your proliferate aoe as high as possible.
+ chance to ignite
+ fire penetration.

now it feels like a discharge without preparation and without being close to monsters.
sure the damage is a bit lower but unlike discharge you have many other tools at your disposal

my clearspeed has improved by a mile.

If i add chain a mob can be touch by the 3 explosion ?
"
If i add chain a mob can be touch by the 3 explosion ?
only final hit explodes. on other hand, you can use fork and the two balls behind will explode... but thats harder to "aim".

edit: though what viper said below exactly instead XD
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Feb 1, 2014, 2:22:25 PM
Or just use LMP and be done with it :P Three explosions right in their face.
Indeed lmp is just way better than chain for fireball. Less damage reduction 30% less vs 50% less. And all lmp balls explode dealing the aoe damage (that you can boost with conc effect). With chain only the last none chaining ball will explode.

The only thing you might want to use chain with fireball for is cast on crit and have 100+ gmp chain fireballs flying around everywhere.
It seems as though when you shotgun (hit 1 mob with all the fireballs) using LMP (maybe even GMP), there is only 1 explosion that counts. When hitting 3 different mobs with LMP'ed Fireball, the 3 explosions go off and can dominate an entire pack. When all 3 Fireballs hit one single target at once, the explosion is very minimal and barely does any damage. Is this a bug or intended?
IGN: Hochep
"
Hochep wrote:
It seems as though when you shotgun (hit 1 mob with all the fireballs) using LMP (maybe even GMP), there is only 1 explosion that counts. When hitting 3 different mobs with LMP'ed Fireball, the 3 explosions go off and can dominate an entire pack. When all 3 Fireballs hit one single target at once, the explosion is very minimal and barely does any damage. Is this a bug or intended?

Not sure about the damage, but Fireball explosion is actually centered around the target it hits, not around the graphic that hits in front of an enemy.
wish they buffed fireball's AoE instead of dmg for 1.1.0
/forum/view-thread/869543 all my builds' compilation
Please PM me on forum to inform me if I won an auction. Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info