Explosive Arrow

"
This is the one skill in this game that actually hurts you if you keep attacking with it.

Its not like flameblast where yes u can hold the 10th charge and it drains mana, but the sec u let go it explodes

no

This skill locks at 5 fuses, and then wont trigger untill you stop attacking...

this is such a horrible mechanic and is ruining gameplay with it....

The only instance in which Explosive Arrow actually does anything is with wall interactions like Kinetic Blast.

When you attack walls it cant charge fuses and just has each one set off individually..

this is a MUCH better mechanic that will allow for smooth gameplay..

Id rather be able to continue to attack and deal damage rather then suffer and have to constantly pause my attacks....

please please fix this..

Or allow the interaction of EA to be like tornado shot, where the explosive charge is shot into the ground.

This. EA does dog shit damage in PVE versus single target. The tooltip is hugely in accurate or the skill is completely bugged and not correctly showing increases in fire damage. And the mechanics are outdated. Stopping to do dos is a terrible mechanic.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
does anyone know how explosive arrow in 2.2 will interact with the node "Far Shot" (Projectiles Attacks gain damage as they travel further, dealing up to 30% more Damage to targets) in the Deadeye class?

The initial hit from ea is no projectile. But the explosion deals area projectile fire damage.

Now I am wondering does the damage bonus from Far Shot still applies to this explosion projectile damage or not (because only the explosion is a projectile and the explosion did not "travel").
The initial hit from EA is a Projectile all the same, of course..
Far Shot applies to Projectile Attacks. The explosion deals secondary Damage, not Attack Damage.
I was afraid that this will be the case. thank you for clarifying that for me!
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
"
This is the one skill in this game that actually hurts you if you keep attacking with it.

Its not like flameblast where yes u can hold the 10th charge and it drains mana, but the sec u let go it explodes

no

This skill locks at 5 fuses, and then wont trigger untill you stop attacking...

this is such a horrible mechanic and is ruining gameplay with it....

The only instance in which Explosive Arrow actually does anything is with wall interactions like Kinetic Blast.

When you attack walls it cant charge fuses and just has each one set off individually..

this is a MUCH better mechanic that will allow for smooth gameplay..

Id rather be able to continue to attack and deal damage rather then suffer and have to constantly pause my attacks....

please please fix this..

Or allow the interaction of EA to be like tornado shot, where the explosive charge is shot into the ground.

This. EA does dog shit damage in PVE versus single target. The tooltip is hugely in accurate or the skill is completely bugged and not correctly showing increases in fire damage. And the mechanics are outdated. Stopping to do dos is a terrible mechanic.

The mechanic is fine. I really like it since it's one of the few mechanics that deviate from standard one button press and hold. But the damage is really garbage. Even against multiple targets. I wouldn't expect any balance changes.
Was in searching and figure out something very interested => there is no subclass ascendancy that suit for explosive arrow <= I.E not a single subclass worth to use with ea build or got more uses as es than other skills.

And yes the damage is really garbage, single or aoe still garbage.

Want to believe that subclass will be changed and explosive arrow damage will be increased and buffed hugely.

Caustic arrow got so many mechanics and multipliers everywhere and instant damage, while explosive arrow don't have any of there, so could you GGG do something to increase it damage and change ascendancy subclass suit more ea.
Last edited by Helpmegod on Feb 26, 2016, 1:31:01 AM
Buuuulllshit.

-Pathfinder is always very strong: Atziri's Promise is a powerful flask, you recover more Life from Flasks, move and attack faster during flask effect, 10% Pen, all your Flasks gain half a Surgeon's mod. It's incredible.
-Assassin is an intensely obvious choice, Deadly Infusion is nuts.
-Elementalist gets you a lot of Increased Fire Damage if you have a Golem out. Not bad at all. Explosive Arrow is also perfect for that Pendulum; you can postpone the explosion until you get that 100% Increased Damage buff. Splat goes the boss.
-Occultist is always strong: Extra Curses, extra Chaos damage based on Curses.
-Berserker: 40% More Damage.

-Juggernaut: 6% Increased Damage per Endurance Charge, plus either loads of Armour or cannot be Slowed (you move during Freeze).
-Champion: you have Fortify. 35% increased Damage, move faster.

-Saboteur is a weird defensive choice, with Blinds. 8% Pen too, I guess.
-Raider does work: the Phase passives are not a super impressive offence, but defence ain't a bad thing. Elemental status immunity is good, phasing is useful, Dodge is good.

None of them are specifically tailored to use a very, very niche skill - never would have guessed. That doesn't mean there are no options whatsoever. :/ I haven't even looked at what the Scion can pull off for EA.
There are too many pages.

I have looked half of them and all GGG post but don't find the answer.

What will be happen if i block the EA?

1. No damage from arrow, no fuse, no damage from exp
2. No damage from arrow, +fuse that will damage me

I know tha sec.damage can't be blocked at all, but wiki confused me...

Plz help.
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Blocked Hits still connect; you will be forever doomed to have an arrow stuck in your shield, ready to explode (well, forever until the timer runs out and the aforementioned exploding starts).
And when exploding starts do i recive damage? Or not, cose i have blocked initial arrow?

Wiki said something about nearest targets and so on...
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Last edited by Radonegskyprotiv on Feb 27, 2016, 2:40:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info