Explosive Arrow

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if I inflict a critical hit on the initial hit of EA, and then proc another ignite on the fuse charge, would that end up stacking?

Also, would getting Avatar of Fire + Blackgleam and stacking phys nodes benefit EA at all?
@porkguy
Last edited by briyip on Oct 30, 2013, 2:16:16 AM
"
briyip wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but if I inflict a critical hit on the initial hit of EA, and then proc another ignite on the fuse charge, would that end up stacking?

Also, would getting Avatar of Fire + Blackgleam and stacking phys nodes benefit EA at all?
think you're confusing the attack part from the explosion part. just using the attack can roll a crit then the explosion has its own crit on whenever it actually detonates (or i forgot when exactly sorry but it IS separate).
avatar of fire would only affect your arrow, the explosion is already fire damage so nothing changes there.

as for burning, the strongest ignite caused burning damage will take effect at any given point of time regardless of what skill crit or proc (from passive or support gem) it came from. this burning will stack with ground burn of fire trap, righteous fire, and searing bond.
Does the damage bonus from remote mine and the new mine passives affect the explosion damage of EA?
I have some questions for Mark:

When linking Power Charge on Crit to Explosive Arrow do you get 1 or 2 power charges if both the initial arrow crits and the explosion crit?

When does the critical roll for the explosion occur within the game engine - whenever you land the first fuse or at the time of the detonation itself? If I have a diamon flask when should I pop it to up my chances for crit?
need some help with this

%Fire Dmg and %Projectile Dmg do the same with EA? (ex. 5% Fire Dmg is the same in terms of extra dmg compared 5% Projectile dmg?)

%Projectile Dmg affect the explosion right, and the explosion is fire AoE dmg; so %projectile dmg will improve the burning dmg after the explosion in the same way %fire dmg do?

will be glad if someone help me with this (i know my english is bad, sry haha)
Last edited by Antharaz on Nov 2, 2013, 12:13:07 AM
They are both 5% Increased Damage. The 'typing' (Fire, Projectile) doesn't change its function, only what it applies to. Since the explosion is 100% Fire/Projectile/AoE, the two bonuses are exactly the same. :)
"
Elvok wrote:
Does the damage bonus from remote mine and the new mine passives affect the explosion damage of EA?

I would also really like to know the answer to this. It's difficult to test the damage amounts outside of pvp, which I haven't had a chance to do. Anybody know if the % increased mine damage nodes affect the explosion when linked with Remote Mine?
How does this gem interact with fork? Does fork pierce the initial target and then leave a charge on each target it hits after this; or does it hit the original target, leaving a fuse, and then leave charges on the targets it hits after that?
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
EA only applies Charges on the end-target.
Do Bow Critical Passives and Bow Critical Multipliers affect the explosion of EA?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info