Explosive Arrow

"
Poszka wrote:
Probably its only me, but sometimes my arrows jsut doesnt want to explode. Even if i wait 5-10 seconds. And they dont do any damage, so its not just a graphics bug.

How i use it:

Exlosive arrow-LMP-LoH-chance to ignite

Explosive arrow-LoH-Culling Strike

It happens with both. Does anyone had the same issue?

I absolutely agree. Explosive arrow is totally bugged. I get a lot of DUDs, like the forest is full of explosive arrows that didnt explode, enemys run up to me with 4 arrows in them... i wait and wait but nothing happens. It also says the arrows explode upon death. They don't always do. Aside from that, they don't explode when death is caused by a crit ice hit, in which case the corpses just scatter in ice pieces but no explosion happens (which i can and can not understand at the same time). Sometimes you shoot arrows at enemy groups and they just vanish without an explosion. When that happens, a portion of the times there will be damage, only visable in the life bar of the enemy, so thats a graphic thing, but not always!

This should really be fixed. Its especially illogical and easily reproduceable that explosive arrows lie around everywhere. How could that be if they should explode. I use it EA - LMP - fast attack - reduced mana. I also tried EA - GMP - LMP - X (fork, reduced mana, faster attack, knockback, blind, monster flee) which is great fun but costs huge amounts of mana :)

This skill is so fun and very mighty. But the fun is spoiled often because of the many graphical and also 'real' bugs.
I agree that sometimes, the fuse stack just fumble and don t explode but it happens rarely for me.

My main concern is the mana cost of the skill. 34 mana at 18 and above is really high, compared for exemple to a low 18 to power siphon.
The skill only works is spammed like mad, and we need some costly supports on top of that.

A 28/30 cost at max level could be better i think.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
CyMaN wrote:
"
Poszka wrote:
Probably its only me, but sometimes my arrows jsut doesnt want to explode. Even if i wait 5-10 seconds. And they dont do any damage, so its not just a graphics bug.

How i use it:

Exlosive arrow-LMP-LoH-chance to ignite

Explosive arrow-LoH-Culling Strike

It happens with both. Does anyone had the same issue?

I absolutely agree. Explosive arrow is totally bugged. I get a lot of DUDs, like the forest is full of explosive arrows that didnt explode, enemys run up to me with 4 arrows in them... i wait and wait but nothing happens. It also says the arrows explode upon death. They don't always do. Aside from that, they don't explode when death is caused by a crit ice hit, in which case the corpses just scatter in ice pieces but no explosion happens (which i can and can not understand at the same time). Sometimes you shoot arrows at enemy groups and they just vanish without an explosion. When that happens, a portion of the times there will be damage, only visable in the life bar of the enemy, so thats a graphic thing, but not always!

This should really be fixed. Its especially illogical and easily reproduceable that explosive arrows lie around everywhere. How could that be if they should explode. I use it EA - LMP - fast attack - reduced mana. I also tried EA - GMP - LMP - X (fork, reduced mana, faster attack, knockback, blind, monster flee) which is great fun but costs huge amounts of mana :)

This skill is so fun and very mighty. But the fun is spoiled often because of the many graphical and also 'real' bugs.

The arrows are all explode, its only a visual bug that sometimes happend. It often happens, when u kill monsters offscreen, or when the arrow miss them, but throught the server delay diplays them as hit(what often happens, if you use lmp or gmp).

If youre arrow hit, it will explode on the target 100%.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
According to the patch notes projectile damage increases the explosion damage, but when I tried putting LMP or other stuff that decreases or increases projectile damage doesn't change the tool tip. Is it a bug on the tool tip or it isn't being affected at all?

Or is it because on the tooltip it says "base" so it isn't showing the increased damage from projectiles / fire, etc ?
Last edited by Hazardado on Mar 7, 2013, 6:53:52 PM
"
Hazardado wrote:
Or is it because on the tooltip it says "base" so it isn't showing the increased damage from projectiles / fire, etc ?
this is the answer.
I think this skill is great in theory but fails in practice due to poor implementation and some bugs.

Personally I would like to see the explosions triggered manually like mines; I think that would solve a lot of problems. That and reduce mana cost please :/
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
Amiag wrote:
I think this skill is great in theory but fails in practice due to poor implementation and some bugs.

Personally I would like to see the explosions triggered manually like mines; I think that would solve a lot of problems. That and reduce mana cost please :/

The skill works just fine, the bugs are visual bugs. Not sure how you'd trigger the arrows unless you use the mine detonate key which has a cast time and would prevent you from using mines appropriately at the same time, or wasting a 2nd keybind for an ability that works just fine otherwise.
Ok i have been trying out EA lately and would like some answers to some in depth questions.

Basically my question is the interaction of multiple EA skills on the same target.

1. I shoot a target 4 times with a conc effect/firepen/some more dmg supports EA then shoot it once with a Elemental Proliferation will the resulting burn use the dmg values of the full explosion?

2. What dmg values are use if shoot a target >5 times? The ones from the first 5 Stacks or the ones from the last 5?

3. What explosion radius is used when you shoot different version with conc effect/ increased area?
#1 Duelist

ign: Yuof

check out my awesome shop with many great items http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/77462
I got a question.
I got 2 rings with +% dmg fire on, does that affect the dmg of explosive arrow explosiona and burning damage???
"
Yuof wrote:
Ok i have been trying out EA lately and would like some answers to some in depth questions.

Basically my question is the interaction of multiple EA skills on the same target.

1. I shoot a target 4 times with a conc effect/firepen/some more dmg supports EA then shoot it once with a Elemental Proliferation will the resulting burn use the dmg values of the full explosion?

2. What dmg values are use if shoot a target >5 times? The ones from the first 5 Stacks or the ones from the last 5?

3. What explosion radius is used when you shoot different version with conc effect/ increased area?

Basically the answer to all is that the first charge applied to an enemy determines what the rest of the charges do, until the target explodes. This is shown easily by doing the following:

-Shoot enemy once with high level EA
-Before the first fuse explodes, shoot the same enemy with a level 1 EA 10 times.
-When it finally explodes it will do damage as if you shot it with 5 stacks of the first gem.

This means you cannot abuse ele proliferation or AoE the way you would like, but you can use a level 1 gem to save mana costs and you can gain a faster attack gem on 4/5 charges. You can also utilize this with +bow skill weapon switch and/or remote mine.

This mechanic is likely not intended, but I hope GGG doesn't change it. It creates several interesting dynamics with the skill and they are not without downsides. For using it to save mana with a level 1 gem, it will cost you several extra gem slots, penalize you heavily for missing the target consecutively, especially if you apply a level 1 fuse first on something you need to hit, as you will have to wait until that fuse expires. Faster attacks is pretty much the same boat unless you happen to have a second equally leveled and 20% quality EA, then it only costs you 2+ gem slots and a spot on your bar. +bow swap/remote mine have overkill/hard to use smoothly issues.

"
I got a question.
I got 2 rings with +% dmg fire on, does that affect the dmg of explosive arrow explosiona and burning damage???

Explosion yes. Burning damage is based on explosion damage so indirectly, yes, but it will not double dip.
Last edited by Shinsoo on Mar 14, 2013, 1:57:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info