Enduring Cry

make it last longer like battle orders in d2 or add useful skill like frenzy which refreshes them, recasting it every second is annoying as fk
IGN Crakk
I'm sure this has been stated many times but I think this skill definitely needs some kind of adjustment to make it less spammy, there seems to be several different suggestions as to how to do it.

Having to recast this so frequently, and run around with a mob or two following me just to keep stacks up between groups of mobs is probably the one major gripe I have about this game, it kills a lot of the enjoyment.

Otherwise, keep up the great work :)
IGN - RNGiraffe
And now for some different feedback.

I've been using this on a tempest/molten block tank.

Personally I have absolutely no problem keeping endurance charge stacks up between fights, 10s base duration is just fine and you can always get more from passives. I guess the required inertial playstyle just isn't for some people.

I have no problem with the cast time either, but a lot of that can be attributed to my build - I don't have much to do in combat. Just gotta make sure I hold the aggro and refresh Molten Shell.

The taunt's pretty weak though, you need 3-4 copies of Enduring Cry to keep aggro from any summoners in your party, while 2 copies is enough for everything else. I guess having to use multiple copies of the same skill like that isn't intended, since multiple summons got nerfed in the past.
I'm not sure...but couldn't you increase the charge duration with stuff like an Increased Duration support gem or nodes like Buff Duration in the middle of the skill tree some months ago? Was pretty surprised that it doesn't work anymore (tried both and got disappointed).
Last edited by Btah on Feb 20, 2013, 10:32:28 AM
That never worked. EC does not have a duration.
best you can out of it is 14sec and 14sec are really long

the buff duration and the gem work for immortal call
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
Vipermagi wrote:

so why is there 2 nods that increase the duration ???

can we have a feedback from GGG on that, because it's meanless that "increase duration" gem doesn't increase "enduring cry" gem which is a duration gem ???
IGN : Shaoulplz
"
shaoul56 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

so why is there 2 nods that increase the duration ???

can we have a feedback from GGG on that, because it's meanless that "increase duration" gem doesn't increase "enduring cry" gem which is a duration gem ???

Those nodes specifically increase the duration of endurance charges. Charges are not buffs and cannot be increased via Buff Duration nodes or via Inner Force and the skill itself doesn't have a "Duration" tag so Increased Duration support obviously doesn't work on it.
I had a hard time enduring all the crying in this feedback thread.

I have a level 31 double shockwave totem marauder. I love this ability on that toon and I liked it on a more attack intensive marauder build I had for a while. I much prefer having to cast this repeatedly to keep charges, especially since if this was a more passive/automatic way of gaining charges it would have such an extreme mana (read reserved mana/health if BM) cost that it would be nigh unusuable on the classes that need it, plus it would be even more boring than repeatedly casting it. I also understand the cooldown is to prevent people from being able to spam EC+discharge, but someone already posted a clever way around that. It takes 2 skill slots, sure, but if that's what you want to use it for, it may be worth it and it seems an appropriate cost.

The damage mitigation on EC is absurd. Repeated castings is a small price to pay for it. I also happen to be speccing for increased cast speed and larger aoe's so enduring cry fits perfectly into my build. I like that the repeated casting makes this skill a trade off between defence and DPS because in order to keep your defenses you have to stop attacking momentarily or you just keep attacking and lose your defenses. It makes for interesting decisions, even if most of the time the best decision is to stop attacking and cast EC.

My concerns definitely are with the taunt mechanic of the spell. Maybe if there was a way for the taunt to echo while the charges are still up the taunt would be more meaningful, but that would be icing on the cake on an already powerful skill.
56 tank

1) Why line of sight problems? Totems and spells pass through gates but not this? If you stand just outside a doorway filled with mobs you can spam all you want but get no charges. Seem mLOS should not effect this skill.

2) Doesn't work 100% (rare bug?). I have noticed many times (I will say rare though, maybe 1 out of 100 or even greater) you cast and it burns the cooldown but no charge is granted. When this occurs it also does not refresh the timer...that is how I know it isnt just a graphics bug.

3) As mentioned a 100 times the spamming neccessary is ultra annoying but with some points in it its kind of OP. no pain n o gain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info