Dual Strike

dual strike is a better skill then double strike because it uses both weapons in 1 strong attack. When you pair this with high attack speed you can pull 2 dual strikes in the time it would take to do 1 double strike. further more if you hit a critical the damage on that critical will be much higher then 1 normal attack.
"
sanyoboy1052 wrote:
dual strike is a better skill then double strike because it uses both weapons in 1 strong attack.
But you can double-strike with one two-handed weapon, in which case it's better. They have different uses.
"
sanyoboy1052 wrote:
When you pair this with high attack speed you can pull 2 dual strikes in the time it would take to do 1 double strike.
Dual and Double strike both take your attack time (determined by your weapon) to execute. For any set amount of attack speed, double strike and dual strike should take the same duration, except in the case where you have a slow main-hand weapon and a fast off-hand weapon - in which case double strike uses only the main hand attack duration, but dual strike uses the average of the two.
Cross-posted from "double strike feedback"

"I started using double strike at skill level 7 when my dual strike couldn't be levelled up because I didn't have the strength (as shadow).

I noticed a remarkable drop in damage. Switched back to the lower level dual strike (think it's 6) and I'm doing damage again - now I just need to work out how to find more strength boosts (there's nothing convenient in the shadow area of the skill tree).

So, all-in-all -> can't work out why I'd use double strike over dual strike, and it's a bit irritating to be punished for trying to use the skill that does twice as much damage by being forced to buy strength.

(Note: Both skills had an attached "added lightning damage" support gem), dual wielding knives."
Whicch support gem would be best with dual strike? I cant decide between the one boosting critical hit damage and one giving +cold damaage?
My only regret about this skill is its animation. When you use rapiers or worse, daggers, the overhand blows look a bit silly.

Other than that, it's fine.
If both your 1h weapons had 2% life leech, will it add(4%) when you use dual strike? in general do all mods stacks when using dual strike? or when normally attacking w/ 2wield, do all the mods from the off hand adds to the attacking hand? or only the non-damage mods such as attributes, magic find, etc...?
"
bibster1 wrote:
If both your 1h weapons had 2% life leech, will it add(4%) when you use dual strike? in general do all mods stacks when using dual strike? or when normally attacking w/ 2wield, do all the mods from the off hand adds to the attacking hand? or only the non-damage mods such as attributes, magic find, etc...?
No. If each weapon has 2% life leech, the each weapon will hit with 2% life leech.
"
Choirandvice wrote:

"I started using double strike at skill level 7 when my dual strike couldn't be levelled up because I didn't have the strength (as shadow).

I noticed a remarkable drop in damage. Switched back to the lower level dual strike (think it's 6) and I'm doing damage again - now I just need to work out how to find more strength boosts (there's nothing convenient in the shadow area of the skill tree).

So, all-in-all -> can't work out why I'd use double strike over dual strike, and it's a bit irritating to be punished for trying to use the skill that does twice as much damage by being forced to buy strength.

Sounds sorta like you don't understand the differences of the skills?

Double strike is an attack you'd want to use only with a 1-handed weapon and a shield, or one 2-handed weapon (unless you wanted to attack as fast as possible even at the cost of overall efficiency)

Dual strike is an attack you'd want to use only when using two weapons.

Double strike reduces ALL damage by 30% per attack, not just physical damage.

Dual strike doesn't reduce damage (although 1-handed weapons deal much less than 2-handed ones)

So dual strike makes sense to use with added damage bonuses, while double strike would work better for "chance on hit" things to 'proc' twice (I don't think dual strike procs those twice).
Double strike gains damage bonuses fine from both +dmg and %dmg, it's just that dual strike can kinda exploit +dmg better.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Jul 31, 2012, 6:33:06 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No. If each weapon has 2% life leech, the each weapon will hit with 2% life leech.

So if you wanted to make a dual wield leech build you should just use your off-hand weapon as a stat boost and put all your on hit and damage on your main and use double strike? Whats the point in using dual strike if you only get half of your on hit effects from it. Sure your taking a 30% hit to damage, but your losing half your leech.

This seems a bit off to me. I thought the advantage to double strike was that you could use a shield or two-handed weapon. Not to be able to apply on hits faster. I think dual strike should be able to apply on hits from both weapons considering its hitting with both.

Edit: Fixed an error.
Last edited by torick on Aug 1, 2012, 10:03:36 AM
there is a slight difference between "each weapon deals 2% life leech" and "the status panel lists that each weapon does this".

the second case is what the dev meant, which means duel strike deals that % because the game already added all sources of the mod together. i'll give an example but the numbers will be the same in the end.
if you have two claws of 1% listed on the weapon itself, not the status panel, then you'd have 2% with both duel OR double strike skills (or eve one of your weapons via auto attack). only double strike procs twice giving you effectively 4%. but damage is less via double strike so... kinda even grounds: stronger 2% or weaker 4%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info