Double Strike

But what about effects in weapons? In example if i have good mana drain on one and life drain on another? Yes i can still use dual stricke and did't care, but if i still need double strike attack speed? And if i sold\trade my dual strike? But this just little things... but in some point they matters most.
Dark Flame Inside. Hardcore player since 1996.
Does anyone know if offensive tab correctly shows DPS for this skill or does it only show it like you do one attack and not two?

the dps listing is for one hit. game doesn't understand multiple hits within a second (this skill or firestorm or sparks) or double weapons (dw skills). also elemental hit due to its randomness.
They might as well make double strike an attack which gives 100% more attack speed.

That way the DPS would list accurately. Not only that, but I think it would make the skill more clear, since it seems/seemed that still people were confused about this skill compared to dual strike.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
I'm assuming the tooltip still hasn't reflected the true DPS of the attack? (Not counting how many times you can spam the attack itself.)
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
yes and same as for all multi hitting skills. dps only counts for one hit out of many.
What ? oO

You mean i don't use anymore that skill for the wrong reason ?

I saw that my regular attack was doing more DPS than this skill... So i was wondering why using it...Man really ?
I would like to plea to GGG, so they change the "crit chance" calculation, so it calculates two times instead of only having it when activating the skill. First of all it feels abit off that this double strike is handled as a single strike when it comes to crit but not elemental dmg.
Secondly, it would separate the skill so it would be a more prominent choice in a crit build(more reliable in getting crits).

Just my opinion as a lv55 claw/shield shadow, it's pretty much between double strike/flicker strike/Frenzy. Double strike have no real benefits over the other two unless you stack very high elemental dmg.

I might be missing something because im tired, if so I apoligize in advance :)
Even with 20 quality, Double Strike DPS is terrible.

A claw+shield build would be superior using Viper Strike than Double Strike.

A dual claw weilder would be superior using Dual Strike than Double Strike.

Claws have life gain on hit but after level 30 this changes to % life leech, this is barely anything compared to the early claws which would give about 160 health per second (before other gains) with dual claws.

Will there be other options for dual wielders and will Double Strike ever be useful?
Last edited by thenile12 on Aug 21, 2012, 8:43:03 AM
"
thenile12 wrote:
Even with 20 quality, Double Strike DPS is terrible.

A claw+shield build would be superior using Viper Strike than Double Strike.

A dual claw weilder would be superior using Dual Strike than Double Strike.

Claws have life gain on hit but after level 30 this changes to % life leech, this is barely anything compared to the early claws which would give about 160 health per second (before other gains) with dual claws.

Will there be other options for dual wielders and will Double Strike ever be useful?

Yes, but i want to use double strike(the rpg nerd in me) :)
And if they would make it calculate critchance twice per activation it would make it alot more useful with a claw/shield crit build(atleast mine).

And also if it needs another overall buff, I would go with armor penetration if I where GGG.
Last edited by Syyynd on Aug 21, 2012, 11:43:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info