Dominating Blow

i use this skill alot but i regret that i picked it my problem with this skill it has low damge so its not good as dps the minions are realy slow stupid and miss all the time i picked cause i thought it will make other enemy's atack its when i can get a heal but they all attack me and he just runs away pulling more enemy's to attack me they start attacking him only when i leap strike twice to get them off my screen they some of they attack him can you make the minion taunt enemys's it will help alot and make him usefull.right now the only use i get from this abillty using auras of the minion i controlling nothing more lol (sorry my grammer is bad i am only 16)
Haven't been using this skill too much, but why does it have such a high cost? If it's to encourage people to only use it for finishing blows, I think the damage (or lack-there-of) does that just fine.
I have used DB frequently on my now 71 duelist. While Dual Wield spec DB was a primary attack as I relied on the turned enemy to tank for me. I would let my aggro-bots get swarmed & then attack.

Usually link a Duration support gem and/or Minion Health-Speed to it.

I found that if your attack is very fast, you can attack with DB then use a different attack immediately afterwards for the killing blow. DB then an immediate Dual Strike turn the mob.

Even more reliable is using DB along with Viper Strike. Viper's dot can kill the mob & turn them for you if the DB strike falls short of killing.
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
I used Dominating blow on my lvl 45 marauder and found it to be too situtational and overall - underpowered and a waste of a skill slot.

It has low damage, that means it's rarely a reliable way to last-hit and even if you do manage to kill someone with DB the minion will probably be useless since most of them have low hp and pathetic damage output, with the exception of some minibosses, but again there's no way to control them so the most you're getting out of the skill is an unreliable damage soak with auras, then again by the time you kill the miniboss the fight is coming to an end and the skill doesn't last long enough for the auras to have any serious impact on the next battle. In the end you're stuck with this skill which is kinda cool but at the same time not really worth using.

I love the concept of this skill gem but it just feels way too weak to be a skill on its own, I think that it'd work better as a support gem and perhaps you could replace DB with a curse that steals auras for a certain duration.
Does this skill work with wands and/or bows?
"
neexuz wrote:
I used Dominating blow on my lvl 45 marauder and found it to be too situtational and overall - underpowered and a waste of a skill slot.

It has low damage, that means it's rarely a reliable way to last-hit and even if you do manage to kill someone with DB the minion will probably be useless since most of them have low hp and pathetic damage output, with the exception of some minibosses, but again there's no way to control them so the most you're getting out of the skill is an unreliable damage soak with auras, then again by the time you kill the miniboss the fight is coming to an end and the skill doesn't last long enough for the auras to have any serious impact on the next battle. In the end you're stuck with this skill which is kinda cool but at the same time not really worth using.

I love the concept of this skill gem but it just feels way too weak to be a skill on its own, I think that it'd work better as a support gem and perhaps you could replace DB with a curse that steals auras for a certain duration.
You don't need to last hit. If the enemy dies shortly after getting hit by it they still get converted.
I defiantly agree that minion AI needs to improve they feel kind of useless and unresponsive right now
I've been using Dominating Blow on my pure summoner witch - she has more than enough strength to keep leveling it. Of course I deal NO damage, but I still have no trouble triggering it. The grace period you get when you use DB is there even when the attack misses and my scepter is quite speedy so in 90% of cases I get the Domination off by autoattacking while my minions do damage.

I also added an Increased Duration so I get a whopping 45 second duration. Gonna try adding a Minion Speed so the slower bosses and their delicious auras can keep up with me.
anyone find out max number of minions can get from this?
i used this skill on a gorilla in act 2 and he summoned a bunch of monkeys that attacked us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info