Dominating Blow

So the dual Totem node in OB will remove all damage from your own skills.
Can i still convert Mobs with Dominating Blow?
Ign: Slimwaterman
"
Slimwaterman wrote:
So the dual Totem node in OB will remove all damage from your own skills.
Can i still convert Mobs with Dominating Blow?

Stuff on alpha might be temporary, but you should. Dominating Blow puts a debuff on the enemy and if they die before the debuff is off, they get converted right. So you don't need the killing blow, and the debuff isn't based on dmg. As such, you should be able to debuff the mob even though your dominating blow does no dmg, and it'll get converted when it dies to another source of dmg(like your totems). My understanding is double totems simply has a reduce all dmg to 0 part but everything works the same. For example you could crit a fire spell and get an ignite, only it'll do 0 dmg since your spell hit for 0. It should still fear humanoids/monkeys/sirens though. Freeze and Shock being based on dmg I don't think it'll work.
Faster Attacks dosent seem to work on the minions, shouldnt it?
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
faster attacks only works on the DB attack itself.. if you want to improve the minions use the minion supports (life,MS,dmg).
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
It should apply to the converted monsters. That's how all other Summon skills work as well.
See Also.
give dominated target full hp before they use minion instability and blow up right after,even if it is rare you see the cross and 1 sec later BOOM...

or they can't use minion instability at all

"
takeme wrote:
Faster Attacks dosent seem to work on the minions, shouldnt it?
It does apply. Is it not displaying correctly?
"
Freakymudcrab wrote:
give dominated target full hp before they use minion instability and blow up right after,even if it is rare you see the cross and 1 sec later BOOM...
They do get straight to 1 life, the actual issue if that your other minions or allies have already started attacks on them, and they'll still land and damage it after it changes teams, thus bringing it down to low life. This will be fixed in future such that damage can't be dealt if it's changed to an ally since the attack started.
So I noticed that when I use Dominating Blow and revive the monster I get no loot when the monster dies initially and no loot when it finally expires. Is this a bug or intentional?

*edit*

bug fixed
Last edited by Myuri on Jan 29, 2013, 2:14:08 AM
"
mr48 wrote:
So I noticed that when I use Dominating Blow and revive the monster I get no loot when the monster dies initially and no loot when it finally expires. Is this a bug or intentional?

They do drop loot, it works for me fine!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info