Discharge

"
Kotumser wrote:
Voll's Protector doesn't force you into blood magic. You can easily bypass the -50% mana by getting a few mana nodes which count against the mana penalty additively.

Except -50% mana is stupid if you're gonna use mana as your resource, why would you ever do that? Voll's isn't even good enough to warrant doing such a thing if you're using mana to cast. You'd be better off with some rare.

The problem lies with Endurance charges being so easy to obtain, and there being so many items that affect them, and the lack of similar ease and items for POwer and Frenzy charges.

Casters need a different method outside of Power Siphon for obtaining Power Charges. Culling Strike support gem should add a Power Charge when it culls something. Or whatever.

And Voll's needs to be fixed. It only adds one Power Charge, even if I crit 20 monsters with a spell. "A power charge on crit" implies on each critical, meaning each monster critically struck. Not one per cast.

Discharge, and all three types of Charges need to be balanced. Discharge has potential, but since it's better to keep Endurance charges and use Molten Shell instead, why even bother using Discharge?
Last edited by elbicnivnimai on Feb 20, 2013, 11:22:06 PM
How does damage on discharge get calculated?

For example 3 Frenzy charges:
3x smaller Cold damage for each charge or one big wave of cold damage?
"
The problem lies with Endurance charges being so easy to obtain, and there being so many items that affect them, and the lack of similar ease and items for POwer and Frenzy charges.

With a decently fast weapon and Frenzy you can build Frenzy much faster than Endurance. :/

"
"A power charge on crit" implies on each critical, meaning each monster critically struck.

No, it doesn't. Crits are rolled per cast. When you get a Crit, you get a Power Charge.
If it said you gain a Power Charge when dealing Critical Strikes, it would be per Crit hit.

"
Discharge has potential, but since it's better to keep Endurance charges and use Molten Shell instead, why even bother using Discharge?

And again, Discharge has distinct advantages over Molten Shell. Radius (Discharge is huge), on-demand activation, no need to tank, multi-element damage.

In Closed, someone made a Crit Dagger Shadow that utilised Frenzy and Voll's to gather Frenzy and Power Charges, Enduring Cry, and Discharge. Chris made a Build of the Week video showcasing the general idea behind it. From what people said having played with the build creator, it's a very rapid and powerful Discharger; plenty single-target damage, and great AoE nukes.

------------
"
Hilbert wrote:
How does damage on discharge get calculated?

It's one AoE nuke, it's one packet.
Because it has such a low crit chance, its just boring damage with rarely any of the elemental bonuses (shock, freeze I mean). Needs something like, "Each additional charge adds 5% chance to inflict a status ailment".
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
so, the devs nerfed this skill into useless garbage due to the combo with diamond flask making it pretty easy to make a 100k dps entire screen aoe nuke. no more diamond flasks = discharge is completely useless right now but some of us would love to see some improvements. any dev comments on doing somthing new with discharge?
Last edited by eoden_usmc on Mar 1, 2013, 3:06:01 PM
There just need to be another way to build power charges. Since power charges increase the crit chance of discharge additively it is by far the most potent charge with discharge.

Problem is that you either need a wand or use voll's both which kinda suck as options if you are going a discharge build.
"
Mandena wrote:
There just need to be another way to build power charges. Since power charges increase the crit chance of discharge additively it is by far the most potent charge with discharge.

Problem is that you either need a wand or use voll's both which kinda suck as options if you are going a discharge build.

A power charge skill that's not an attack is long overdue for sure. Assuming it'd be semi passive(like blood rage and warlord's mark which generate charges on kills) it'd also help cold snap quite a lot I'd feel. Main issue is I'd see a lot of people using it since there's so many caster builds and power charges are very strong. I guess it'd need a strong downside to compensate, like how bloodrage eats your life super fast to sustain itself and warlord's mark isn't a guaranteed chance. Maybe the voll concept where it only generates a charge if you kill an enemy with a crit? Or maybe it could be a support so it'd requires a support slot, have a mana multiplier and negative effect on the spell like culling strike, reduced dmg% or something so you get higher crit but doing lower dmg which would be made up with crit dmg gear/passives with the correct build but would require an investment for a real benefit.
I made a Char to use this SKill with all 3 Charges and was hoping for some serious damage. Sadly even with 9 Charges the damage is just poor.

This Skill needs a serious buff: I mean look at it. You need to build up charges (which itself grant bonuses that make you stronger), you need to sacrifice all of them for this blast, result is no dmg at all...i mean wtf?

It's atm just a waste of charges, nothing more.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
"
I made a Char to use this SKill with all 3 Charges and was hoping for some serious damage. Sadly even with 9 Charges the damage is just poor.

This Skill needs a serious buff: I mean look at it. You need to build up charges (which itself grant bonuses that make you stronger), you need to sacrifice all of them for this blast, result is no dmg at all...i mean wtf?

It's atm just a waste of charges, nothing more.

Yup, the damage is so low for such a closed combat skill which is hard to be used. The damage should be at least more than double.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Takes a lot more work to prepare but WAY less damage than molten shell. This skill has been the most in need of a buff for such a long time.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info