Summon Flame Golem

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jan 2, 2017, 12:53:03 PM
anyone, please.
list the skills of flame golem.
and the best support for flame golem.

I plan to play dual flame totem, and want to bring out flame golem but at a loss as to what support is best. does fg ever melee? or only cast?
is LMP good? faster cast?
maybe Fire Penetration is good.

considering 3 or 4 link, please share your best support gem for flame golem and maybe explanation for the choice.
Actually Curse on Hit doesnt work with flame Golem. Why? The CoH gem is listed with the golem, but the Curse itself issnt.

I've only gotten golems to lv16 so far so unsure what max level damage looks like.

Until then the primary purpose is the char buff, so I'd use Empower if you have it and support with minion life/resist to turn it into a proper tank.

I think the golems use both melee and ranged, so for attack support I'd go with minion damage and possibly minion speed (wiki not updated, minion speed is sorta like haste now) since they both benefit ranged+melee.
Last edited by Asmosis on Jul 14, 2015, 6:39:05 AM
"
jehoba wrote:
Actually Curse on Hit doesnt work with flame Golem. Why? The CoH gem is listed with the golem, but the Curse itself issnt.

Because the Skill that is actually linked to your Curse only Summons a Golem. The Golem's Skills aren't socketed in your gear and are not linked to Curse on Hit plus a Curse.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
jehoba wrote:

Because the Skill that is actually linked to your Curse only Summons a Golem. The Golem's Skills aren't socketed in your gear and are not linked to Curse on Hit plus a Curse.

But many supports apply to both the summoning skill (such as blink/mirror arrow) and the summon. Including but not limited to faster attacks and added chaos damage; I just checked added chaos damage on ice golem, and the golem gets the chaos damage on all of its attacks. Neither of those gems are linked to the summon's skills, but yet they benefit just fine. This is not a standard mechanic that is supported by the game narrative. This seems simply to be a "we thought it would be imbalanced if your minions could curse stuff, so we made that not happen" thing.
Note that I explicitly mentioned "plus a Curse". Neither Added Chaos Damage nor Faster Attacks require a physical Gem to be linked in addition.
I sometimes put Flame Golem with Spell Echo, Fast cast, Fire Penetration in a minion build. not sure if it worth it or not, since I don't know exactly what he is doing. maybe I should observe more closely
Im using it with Poison Arrow because it buffs the Poison DOT, also a second target for enemies makes a nice difference it quite a lot of situations.
Flame Golem abilities is an attack or spell? The question of what is better to use for support "Faster Casting" or "Faster Attack"
IGN Odminko, Orlangoor.
Last edited by Daimonidlo on Jul 23, 2015, 12:19:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info