Eternal Orbs

"
tut_clan wrote:
Sell them or keep them. This is the question :)

doesnt matter, items not that great
What a retarded move
at least you should've deleted all existing ones then
Gj making POE billioners richer than yourself lol
Now that average or above average player won't have the chance to TRY to craft the new weapons, while crafters and ITEMSHOPS will be 100 times richer
Master crafting should be now more powerful. New and more powerful mods should be introduced to masters to keep crafting alive.

Top tier items will not be created anymore or at least at severely lower speed, therefore, masters should have more impact especially in temporary leagues. There still should be deterministic way to craft items for mid to late game. Masters are also good currency sink.
I have to say, i do not agree with this change. Eternal/exalt/mirror gear is a goal to work towards in this game, just like killing regular/Uber Atziri.

While yes, eternals are powerful currency items that allow crafting of 6 T1 perfect mirror service gear, I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing (w/ mirror services and such). This change would simply make the people who have a bank tab full of eternal orbs (the people who do mirror services already) even richer, as they will be able to make at least a few perfect T1 pieces of gear anyway (who's value will be unthinkable w/ legagy eternals used to craft).

Mirrors will spike in price even more than they already have (since the value of mirror gear will go up drastically).

Exalts in and of themselves have value because of eternal orbs, as you don't just go around exalting every halfway decent yellow item you find. However with this change, what's stopping you? You can add a stat to an item, but chances are, it will be shitty.

I'm not saying this from a "rich" guy standpoint, simply as a "middle class citizen" if you would. I don't believe i'll ever have mirror gear, or anything of the sort. My most valuable item is a 6L RRRGBB Shav's 10%/-3%/-1%. (~200-300 jewl, ~400 fus, ~40 ex, ~6-8 divine, ~20 blessed)

If you work hard enough to have exalt/eternal crafted gear, YOU DESERVE IT. It's not like EVERYONE is just running around in this stuff killing Uber without breaking a sweat.

Eventually eternal orbs will not be worth their price in exalt because no amount of currency can place a value on a consumable item.

Damage has already been done to the economy (at the time of this post, eternals are going anywhere from 10-100 exalt each) (up from the 3-7 they were at)

Edit: Add the stat Troll'd resist 0-45% while you're at it.
Last edited by ImmolationAngel on Jul 6, 2015, 5:37:40 AM
"
Eidanx wrote:
Pole.

And the rich guys are richer!

STANDARD LEAGUE ECONEMY IS ALREADY FUCKED UP.

BUT IS THAT A REASON TO FUCK IT UP MORE AND MORE AND MORE?
Good, I never liked the idea of them anyway.
The silent majority.
People obviously have hundreds of eternal orbs waiting for new patch, if you actually want to make this change good forcibly remove eternal orbs and replace then with exalted orbs
I welcome this change because they shouldn't exist anyway.

But I would prefer if all existing eternal orbs stop working because those orbs become the RMT currency number one because the value increases.

Or at last change the way existing ones work.
Seal of approval ! Although more reasons to avoid the limbo that is standard .
chaotic neutral
I see page after page of people irrationally saying they like this change, but not a single one articulating why they like it. It is a negative change that will make getting good gear more expensive. It also allows the trade princes like Ventor and AXN to be the only people to ever craft a new 6x tier 1 item.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info