Map Drops in The Awakening

"
"
mhm83 wrote:
Idea. Full clearing a map, last mob drops a map.
+1
This post needs more attention. Solid idea in my opinion. Even if it can only go up to +1 but usually just sustain you. It makes it so if you are down to your last map you can just full clear the map, maybe get an upgrade, or at least not have to go buy a map for no reason. I guess Zana maps are cheap enough and running out of maps completely is really hard but it would help sustain higher level maps. May break the map economy though. But I dont really care about any current economy at this point with all the changes coming its all gonna change.

Idea: one needs to wear veil of the night to have the possibility to get a 68 map from a 73 map ...

Zana maps have lower % already and dont drop any upgrades. doesnt even matter if dual curse or other shit. i just ran 8 75-73 maps. highest "refund" was a 68
2x beyond mod included. doesnt matter it seems. none of the bosses dropped a map
Never in a rush - always in a mess.
Last edited by zuzukioa on Jun 9, 2015, 3:57:30 AM
"
They can cause players to get out of their depth - playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have

Maybe let the players chose what they want to do and make their own mistakes.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
FUZZB0X wrote:
If you're going to make the HIGHEST LEVEL of maps even more difficult to sustain then live, I feel that it should conversely be easier to maintain a 74-77 pool. Especially for the solo player.

I'm hoping this is the case as well. I don't expect to be able to easily sustain 80+ maps, but 73-77 should be doable, especially if they're going to balance out the drops by the affixes rolled on the map.

Why don't you expect to be able to sustain 80+ maps?

Can you name another game where high level content was gated by RNG rather than difficulty? If so... Was it a good one?

Triple the xp required for every level 95+, but let us run as many 81 maps as we like.
"
hrodgar09 wrote:
"
They can cause players to get out of their depth - playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have

Maybe let the players chose what they want to do and make their own mistakes.

After reading through the manifesto again I just have to laugh at how really, really silly their reasoning sounds.

There are so many difficulty spikes/unexplained mechanics in PoE and they worry about players having a hard time in a +2 level map? Really?

They don't worry about players happily facerolling until act 3 merciless where suddenly their build doesn't work anymore and thus they have to reroll, but playing a bit higher level maps, thats what they worry about?

They don't worry about players messing up the sockets on their items and running out of currency (that's a noob mistake) thus unable to play anymore, but they worry about +2 levels white maps being too hard?

They don't worry about players not investing anything in life nodes as early game (anything before act 3 merciless) is very very easy and thus suddenly coming to a brick wall but +2 maps are too hard?

Seriously, give me a break. :D

+2 maps when played as white are never too hard unless you allready struggle in act 3 merciless but then your build is bad anyway and you won't get over rerolling.

Off all the bad justifications I've heard in game design this one takes the cake.

Honestly, too hard bit higher level maps in a game as complex as PoE... hah. :D
Last edited by Serika on Jun 9, 2015, 4:37:55 AM
Actually for up map pool 76+ on beta is really hard, its good new !
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
I run my maps rare with chisels, sacrifice fragments, the works. On the Live realm, I have had an impossible time trying to sustain 75+ maps. 100%, 120%, chiseled, not chiseled, doesn't matter. And you're going to decrease my chances further? I play on Hardcore, and I'm running them about as hard as I can. I do everything "right" and yet I still continually run out of maps.

What a waste of a game, locking me out of level appropriate content because my luck wasn't sufficient is the worst system in the entire game.

But hey, thanks for increasing the drops from whatever even worse situation they are in in Beta. Ridiculous.

I would not write it better.
"
davidnn5 wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
FUZZB0X wrote:
If you're going to make the HIGHEST LEVEL of maps even more difficult to sustain then live, I feel that it should conversely be easier to maintain a 74-77 pool. Especially for the solo player.

I'm hoping this is the case as well. I don't expect to be able to easily sustain 80+ maps, but 73-77 should be doable, especially if they're going to balance out the drops by the affixes rolled on the map.

Why don't you expect to be able to sustain 80+ maps?

Can you name another game where high level content was gated by RNG rather than difficulty? If so... Was it a good one?

Triple the xp required for every level 95+, but let us run as many 81 maps as we like.

Agree current state is why I do not play for ranking anymore.
imo, the only way to make a boss kill look more appealing, is to have increased XP gain from it.
a +2map is not bad but people will still skip the boss kills since (talking about sc) a death there, at higher levels, will far outweigh any future xp gains from a +2 map drop; and in HC, people will only try a boss when they are comfortable enough with their defensive stats which in turn makes any kill attempt close to a sure thing.

not to mention here that that +2 is on a chance to drop and not a sure thing.
meh...
Last edited by kreca73 on Jun 9, 2015, 5:16:20 AM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

Why don't you expect to be able to sustain 80+ maps?.

Uh, because they outright said they intend for it to be difficult.

"
For players to find the highest tiers of maps challenging to complete and to sustain
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 9, 2015, 5:16:34 AM
carto boxes is new Shavronne now?
ign - FancySneakyDevil

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info