Map Drops in The Awakening

GGG r u serious? MAP DROPRATE WAS FINE. why do u waste time changing good stuff?

especially now all will just rolll maps blue with twinnned boss.

thats not a clever idea that boss will just drop +2lvl maps.

to get highmaps in 1.3 i have to play corrupted +100% quantity minimum to get a good pool
of them. so what now? i think this will kill the fun doing maps when u have bad luck and play the whole time the same lowmaps.

i rly dont understand some changes u have to do atm. sry :(
IGN: Elron
I support GGG. I remember closed beta and start of live game. Getting map was challange not like it is now when you can run blue maps to get to high end and use zana for even faster progress. Looking how kripp and his team struggled for high level map was interesting.

Chriss wrote that there are gorups that can sustain high level map and they will boost up map drops so it will not be as hard as it is now and even now it is possible to get and stay in highest maps.

I like change with bosses being optional and become harder. I hope All bosses will get own area and cool fight like torture chamber fight. Now many bosses are faceroled and if you got very good bild you can miss them.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Wulgar55 wrote:
I don't understand this desire to make high level maps difficult to sustain. Not being able to do difficult and level appropriate content is not fun. Not being able to progress is not fun. Who cares if people who play 12+ hrs a day can get tons of maps already and level extremely fast. What matters is that the average player can have fun doing end game content and part of that is being able to make steady progression. Hitting a wall due to bad luck is not fun at all. Remember getting lucky can be fun, but getting unlucky is most certainly NOT FUN. And with the current map system getting 'unlucky' happens all too often.

If this desire to make the "highest tiers of maps challenging to sustain" is set in stone, at least make it actually challenging. RNG does not equal challenge. The RNG factor in map drops needs to be severely reduced. The variance with map drops (as with many things in this game) is just too high. The challenge of sustaining maps should come from the challenge of rolling them and completing them.

+1
Last edited by Sting on Jun 9, 2015, 2:46:15 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
now when you can run blue maps to get to high end

haha i dont know in what world u life.
IGN: Elron
i'm all for max level maps being gated, but i don't think players should be forced into doing low levels maps for the sake of it.

i also agree that forcing people to kill bosses for higher maps is a good idea, but then people will make builds specifically to kill those high level bosses just to sustain a map pool. many people map in parties to rotate because it's the most efficient way to reach a high level, and with that considered any given high level mapping party will have a dedicated "boss killer" ...akin to curse/aura/conduit/freeze supports that have become increasingly popular in recent leagues(i played a support to rank11 in the torment/bloodlines race). i'm not seeing how this would be effective.
"
elron wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:
now when you can run blue maps to get to high end

haha i dont know in what world u life.

1 month sc: my max map was 76 lvl I ran only blue maps

last league: my max was 78 and i also rolled only blue maps.

If you know what to roll on map and you don't skip drops then you can get to high level maps.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jun 9, 2015, 3:13:04 AM
I really like these changes if it's possible to sustain high level maps with rolling hard mods. But it looks like quantity rolls for hard mods have been decreased.

So far I can't even sustain 72 maps but I've been running blue ones (with pack size or high quantity rolls). I'm gonna try alcing them in hopes of confirming what you say about higher sustain with harder maps.
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
We got steadily increased map drop rates over time since the original beta because, as it turns out, running out of high level maps is not fun and in practice nobody likes it especially as rng can really punish you there.

We finally get to a situation where people stop complaining about map drop rate and whats GGG reaction to that? Nerf the drop rate.

I really don't understand that. Hard content is fine. Not being able to even attempt content? That's fucking annoying.

I know I know, as somebody playing solo I'm not the target of this game but still. Balancing the game with a limited number of high level players in mind that exclusively run in groups imo isn't a good idea.

If you want to make the end-game harder, make playing in parties harder (its way easier atm then playing solo). Give end-game maps a chain+5 ability which increses damage by 50% for each chain if you want to ruin those high-end runners. ;)
Disappointment.

I can understand some of GGG's intentions and applaud their attempt to improve the risk vs reward ratio. Making map bosses more challenging and in turn increasing rewards is good. However, there also lies a problem connected with how certain bosses are much harder to the rest. Dungeon, Jungle Valley, Temple and Wharf bosses are good examples where the difficulty compared to the rest of similar tier maps is completely out of hand. I certainly hope that GGG will first balance/tone down some of these bosses and only than increase all bosses power across the board.

Now to the nasty side of the post.

Limiting +2 map drops to just map bosses is big let down. Justifying it with an argument that it can be dangerous for players is going below already extremely low standards of reasoning set forth by Reduced mana arguments (infamous "Not all players have access to Reduced mana gem").

Intention to increase map drops over current state of beta is good but immediately confirming it will be lower than current live servers is a downer.

Even worse is that there are things that are missing from the post that I hoped would be addressed. First and foremost is the map level drops that are way below map you play. This should have been addressed the same moment they decided that +2 maps will drop only from map bosses. Map range need to be reduced to -2 to +2. Hell, make it -1 to +2!

Very vague statements about encouraging players to play harder mods does not help either. How is that going to work? Currently you are better off to roll for pack size or rare monsters in hope to get map drops at low to mid tier level. There are also mods thare are more annoying than difficult, which means people will not play them--Temporal chains, enfeeble or blood magic. These annoying mods should be removed because there is no challenge in ploughing through map at snail speed with Temporal Chains on. It is just boring!

I certainly expected more from this post in terms of information, details and bright things on the horizon.
"On the Closed Beta, the drop rate for higher maps that we've been testing recently is lower than the live realm. While there are several mapping groups in Beta happily sustaining the highest tiers of maps, it took them a lot more effort to get there than it normally does. We want to bring this experience to more players."

Aka- We want to slow you down as much as possible so you wont get bored after 2 weeks into a new league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info