Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

lol if you think dropping one herald sill wont one shot you;re really clueless. We didnt even have either of them before and still one shotted.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 8, 2015, 7:57:37 PM
"

-snip-

Re-read what I responded to, then read your reply. Let me know if you think it's addressing the same topic.
(edit: hint: Enlighten....)
Last edited by AmnEl on May 8, 2015, 7:59:38 PM
I've read a few pages of this stuff, and really can't be bothered to read the rest. It seems the trend goes something like this: You have two crowds. One crowd loves what you're doing with reduced mana, and hates what you're doing with enlighten. And the other crowd just thinks you're trying to screw aura builds without actually reading what was posted, and realizing that this is a beta decision and may very well change at the drop of a hat.

My two cents. I'm a niche player, I play blood magic in the end game, I play incinerate on a marauder without righteous fire. I don't use auras at all. I understand why people are upset about the aura changes, but I don't think that they really should be upset about them. I play blood magic in the end game with incinerate, and melt everything. Sure my dps isn't that high current tooltip of 4,865.4/s, but I do it without auras -- which makes me think that these people believe that auras are the only answer to a problem. Instead of pathing to more aura nodes, it is quite easy to path to more dps, more mana, more life, and more resistances. Which is the core of what I did with my build.

Do I beat out aura builds? Sometimes. But I also don't have to worry about mana reservation, mana at all, or have any issues that these people seem to think exist. If I can do it, without super gear, why can't they? I think the crux of the problem is that they think they are being pigeonholed from one meta to another. I don't see that happening if aura reservation is being adjusted within the tree, and the auras themselves. Aurabots will still be aurabots.

In any case, I'd rather enlighten was not a multiplier change, whether you change reduced mana or not. As a niche player, I would rather it either stay as it is now, provide more experience to gems, or work on support gems (which I admit doesn't fit the poe design, but would be a great help to its usefulness).

Also it is getting harder to play a blood magic player, when almost every new patch they come out with something great for my build that I can't use, like herald of thunder/ice (which work great with elementalist and celestial punishment), and now anger affecting spells (which is a big boost in base fire dps, which I scale).
"
AmnEl wrote:
"

-snip-

Re-read what I responded to, then read your reply. Let me know if you think it's addressing the same topic.

Yeah sorry about that mixup I guess I stumbled over my english skills a bit there :>

I've also done some math on the auras and I'm pretty sure they should keep Enlighten at it's 1.3 stats.

Example:

50% Aura, 18% reduced from passives, L5 Enlighten (Vertex?)(@84%)

0.5 * (1-0.18) * 0.84 = 34,44%

Same setup with 21 RM and a 60% aura:

0.6 * (1-0.18) * 0.70 = 34,44%

So contrary to my first thought's it's not even going to scratch the current FOTM builds I guess provided they have the funds to buy a L4 Enlighten or time to get one.
"
"
AmnEl wrote:
"

-snip-

Yeah sorry about that mixup I guess I stumbled over my english skills a bit there :>

I've also done some math on the auras and I'm pretty sure they should keep Enlighten at it's 1.3 stats.

Example:

50% Aura, 18% reduced from passives, L5 Enlighten (Vertex?)(@84%)

0.5 * (1-0.18) * 0.84 = 34,44%

Same setup with 21 RM and a 60% aura:

0.6 * (1-0.18) * 0.70 = 34,44%

So contrary to my first thought's it's not even going to scratch the current FOTM builds I guess provided they have the funds to buy a L4 Enlighten or time to get one.

Or they could decide they dont need all those auras, drop reservation, enlighten and take DPS in tree instead. A couple of my builds will perform same with 1-2 less aura and more tree DPS taken. Couple will not function like my 100% resits builds. I get where GGG is comming from with this change (diversity) but at the end of the day all it does not change paradigm just replacing one reduced mana with another and separates haves from have nots even further.
Git R Dun!
RIP low life builds, wtb 6 link shav 1c
IGN: poor_newb
"
Rory wrote:

These are the intended results of the change:
As they no longer work with Reduced Mana, we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana, and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels.
Enlighten becomes a much more desirable support. It now gives an option for end-game builds that are willing to give up sockets to reduce reservation, without the support being so impactful that every build that uses auras feels that it's absolutely necessary.
Reduced Mana can have much higher values than previously, making it a better choice for reducing skill mana costs.

It's worth noting that a very high level Enlighten gem can reduce aura reservation costs to the point of the old Reduced Mana support and below, and that aura reservation costs are now often lower than otherwise possible until player level 45. We're also planning to increase the power of Mana passives in the tree that will give mana constrained builds more access to larger total mana pools.

1. So instead of RM gem, we'd need Enlighten gem? How does that "reduce socket pressure" as you're simply replacing the need for a red slot with a blue slot? Also, aren't Enlighten gems a lot harder to level?
2. Who uses RM gem to reduce skill cost?
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
This will sound like a repeat of what people already said but... replacing reduced mana with enlighten sounds pretty dumb to me. enlighten takes forever to level compared to reduced mana in it's current state, which means that you will not be getting the benefit of enlighten until it's pretty late in the game. Not to mention the rarity of the gem itself compared to RM.

IGN: Jarengax
"
Jarenga wrote:
This will sound like a repeat of what people already said but... replacing reduced mana with enlighten sounds pretty dumb to me. enlighten takes forever to level compared to reduced mana in it's current state, which means that you will not be getting the benefit of enlighten until it's pretty late in the game. Not to mention the rarity of the gem itself compared to RM.

Unless they reduce the reservation enough so that you wouldn't need any gems to still obtain previous reservation levels, and Enlighten would reduce that reservation even lower than previously possible.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
GGG, why are you screwing up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info