Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

Now you´re fucking around with the wrong things again.

Stop this madness, shit is already in a good state now why the hell would you want to fuck that up?

"players that are not yet able to get it"

- I CALL BULLSHIT!

Cost for the gem, 1-3-5c deppending on the age of the league.

Now, do not even try to use that as an argument.
zzZzzzZzzZz
Enlighten is stupid. I like the idea of the reduced mana change, but just stick 6% less mana reserved onto reduced mana. Don't make it cost an absurd amount just to lower 110 reservation to 100. This is of course not even mentioning alphas howl or prism guardian.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Most of my builds are completly fucked too and need lvl 5 enlightens to be same as before but one I showed actually gain mana lulz. Im sure they'll "fix" that

So, I finally had some time to put my other builds through the beta calculator and, unfortunately, I've reached a similar conclusion. It's either not gonna work at all, or it will take an insane investment (points / lvl 4 or 5 Enlighten) to make it viable.

Unreal.
Last edited by toyotatundra on May 8, 2015, 4:26:50 PM
well poe is casual game... make something and know its not gonna last...
I can understand what you are trying to do with making the Reduced Mana gem not absolutely necessary for auras, but I still think this is a very bad idea. This sounds even worse than the EB change. Even builds that wanted to run 2 big auras (Grace and Hatred for example) would need to invest in aura nodes which may be far away or use Enlighten. That's the other problem, why essentially replace Reduced Mana with Enlighten, a much more difficult to use and obtain gem for something that is essential to 99% of builds?

I suggest, just like the new EB, to scrap this change before you get too attached to trying to make it work.
ok, gonna quote real life from another thread on this subject

"
Real_Life wrote:
Reduce all auras by another 5% and remove all reduced mana reservation from the game and call it a day.....

Rory and Qarl, if youre still out there suffering our extended blatherings on the subject, I think this is the ticket right here. Nuke the the gems, nuke the nodes, the items... ? meh, whatever with the items, maybe leave the items alone as they bring opportunity costs etc amd theyre already in circulation. But I think this would solve a lot of issues regarding auras and how you let people use them responsibly without enabling harmfully gross stacking in niche cases.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on May 8, 2015, 4:49:58 PM
I think if you're going to change reduced mana working with auras, then just remove the mechanic altogether. Switching the mechanic over to enlighten doesn't really solve the problem at all. It simply makes a high barrier to entry for the normal player to run multiple auras. If you're going to make the change, then it would be better to not have any gem affect aura reservation.

All this change does is makes it more expensive to run more auras (akin to going low life with shavs to run more auras). The change does little to address the core problems but only increases the barrier to entry, needlessly punishing the more casual or newer players.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ok, gonna quote real life from another thread on this subject

"
Real_Life wrote:
Reduce all auras by another 5% and remove all reduced mana reservation from the game and call it a day.....

Rory and Qarl, if youre still out there suffering our extended blatherings on the subject, I think this is the ticket right here. Nuke the the gems, nuke the nodes, the items... ? meh, whatever with the items, maybe leave the items alone as they bring opportunity costs etc amd theyre already in circulation. But I think this would solve a lot of issues regarding auras and how you let people use them responsibly without enabling harmfully gross stacking in niche cases.

I actually think nodes and for most part items are in a decent place as far as aura reservation go. besides the templar cluster (sovereignty I think ?) I dont think other mana reserve clusters are used that much. items like alphas howl are gonna see a seesaw swing, they used to be the shit then barely anyone used them, now they are going to be in demand again, most likely by builds that just need an extra reservation.

thing is RM (and now enlighten) gems are mandatory, but those nodes and items, unless you go full aurabot and/or low life, are not.
One *BIG* thing to note about this is that these changes are only deployed in the beta. This means there will be *little to no testing* on *true end game builds* for a (long) while. Sure the new players may like this, but how will you get accurate feedback about how these changes interact with high end builds such as ll st, shatterchuck and similar tier builds? Those builds run up to 6+ auras and there is no way you can get multiple level 4 enlighten that fast in beta. How do you plan to get feedback about these builds?
Last edited by diffor on May 8, 2015, 6:28:47 PM
All this does is crush build diversity by limiting what you can do with auras. So what, you removed reduced mana, just to make a bunch of passive skill jewel slot uniques, equipped uniques, and insanely expensive and PITA leveled enlighten required. That is about the dumbest idea I have seen and hopefully this turd is scooped, bagged and dropped in the trash as soon as possible. Don't fix what's not broken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info