Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

The thing I'm most worried about is that the monkeys on balance team will take beta feedback and just beta feedback and decide that the change is okay because people are still capable of making builds.

The point is that you are destroying ALL EXISTING BUILDS. When 2.0 hits, I should not have to spend a week scrambling to devise a new setup for my level 95 SRS summoner.

She has mirrored gloves from Ghazzy for auras. RRRG. It took us 30 minutes and over 2000 chromatic orbs to get those fucking colors. Ghazzy probably remembers it because he was a great guy and used some of his own chroms for me. AND NOW THEY ARE USELESS. THERE IS NO BLUE SLOT FOR ENLIGHTEN.

Making mirrored items not top-tier is fine. I don't give any shits about that.

Making them suddenly complete shit if they were made for auras? No, fuck you. Fuck you all. This change could be maybe acceptable for temp leagues, but not Standard. Making items fundamentally "do something completely different" is never okay.

I'm not even mad that my 2 or 3 level 21 reduced mana gems are now 100% useless. I'm mad about my fucking _mirrored gear_.

Edit: make Enlighten a white gem, or revert this, and I'll calm down. Until then, I hate everyone on the balance team.
Last edited by codetaku on May 8, 2015, 10:22:44 AM
ill be blunt, reduced mana -> enlighten change is simply stupid, you replace bad with worse and say its for our good, i cant see it being good for majority of players, those who have access to high lvl enlighten will have more auras, 'casual' players will not

the more of such changes i see the less i want to play poe 2.0
"
The thing I'm most worried about is that the monkeys on balance team will take beta feedback and just beta feedback and decide that the change is okay because people are still capable of making builds.

The point is that you are destroying ALL EXISTING BUILDS. When 2.0 hits, I should not have to spend a week scrambling to devise a new setup for my level 95 SRS summoner.

She has mirrored gloves from Ghazzy for auras. RRRG. It took us 30 minutes and over 2000 chromatic orbs to get those fucking colors. Ghazzy probably remembers it because he was a great guy and used some of his own chroms for me. AND NOW THEY ARE USELESS. THERE IS NO BLUE SLOT FOR ENLIGHTEN.

Making them suddenly complete shit if they were made for auras? No, fuck you. Fuck you all. This change could be maybe acceptable for temp leagues, but not Standard.

So mad for no reason, with the aura changes you shouldn't need enlighten in order to still run the same build, sure that gem slot that is (R) will be either useless or used for devouring totem or something else, it doesn't mean your character is ruined.

Its PoE 2.0 of course lots of things are going to changed, but you really had to come on the forums and cry about something they are testing in beta that is completely logical in the direction they would like to go with the game?

I guess technically they could maybe make enlighten into a blue OR red gem, but that seems like a crazy compromise.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
DEATH TO ENLIGHTEN seriously if the idea was to kill reduced mana i want its new expensive cousin to join it in the depths of hell. for balance you understand.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on May 8, 2015, 10:23:59 AM
"
tarantoga wrote:
ill be blunt, reduced mana -> enlighten change is simply stupid, you replace bad with worse and say its for our good, i cant see it being good for majority of players, those who have access to high lvl enlighten will have more auras, 'casual' players will not

the more of such changes i see the less i want to play poe 2.0

The mana calculator dude has a new site up now to test around with the changes:

https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/#EoHX/9b

If you arent in the beta or haven't messed with the calculator I suggest you do that and mess around with the beta tree before calming this change is for the worst, it is for the best.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
The question is really if the intention is what is said in the Manifesto or if GGG feels that auras need to be nerfed (or become more optional rather than something you must have). If the former then GGG could probably change reservation values so they match what you have now. As it is now it looks like we will loose an aura compared to now.
"
goetzjam wrote:
So mad for no reason, with the aura changes you shouldn't need enlighten in order to still run the same build, sure that gem slot that is (R) will be either useless or used for devouring totem or something else, it doesn't mean your character is ruined.

Its PoE 2.0 of course lots of things are going to changed, but you really had to come on the forums and cry about something they are testing in beta that is completely logical in the direction they would like to go with the game?

I guess technically they could maybe make enlighten into a blue OR red gem, but that seems like a crazy compromise.

[Removed by Support]

I run a 5 aura low life mana SRS build.

Rory said the old reservation values are only possible "with a high level enlighten".

You're in the beta, so you can look at the beta announcements.

It is not possible for me to run 5 auras anymore. it just isn't. You'd need to multiply the current live reservations by .7 for that. That isn't what they're doing. I could not run my aura setup with a level 10 reduced mana, which would actually be slightly better than what they're giving us by default.
Last edited by Rachel on May 8, 2015, 10:34:10 AM
"

Making them suddenly complete shit if they were made for auras? No, fuck you. Fuck you all. This change could be maybe acceptable for temp leagues, but not Standard. Making items fundamentally "do something completely different" is never okay.

I'm not even mad that my 2 or 3 level 21 reduced mana gems are now 100% useless. I'm mad about my fucking _mirrored gear_.

Edit: make Enlighten a white gem, or revert this, and I'll calm down. Until then, I hate everyone on the balance team.

The feedback in the beta forums is heavily against this also.

And the % changes are paltry.
Last edited by jaredh on May 8, 2015, 10:32:31 AM
+1

I really like the general idea of this. I've always felt like reduced mana on auras and heralds was pretty mandatory, hence illusion of choice.

The kind of htings I'd love to see:

- A Hybrid % Mana and Flat mana wheel
- A Hybrid % mana and Int wheel

- An Aura wheel with nodes that only affect defensive or offensive auras, thus allow more reservation or effect, but only to a subset of all auras

- An Aura wheel with nodes that only affect auras of specific elements (Fire, Cold, Lightning), such as "Increased Effect of Fire Auras" might affect Purity of Fire and Anger (or for example allow it to be Fire Buffs and then you can include Herald of Ashe).

- Allow Buff effect nodes, but limit them to a specific element type, or offensive or defensive, such that 1 node cluster isn't best in slot for everyone, but different builds would seek out now different such clusters.

More build choices = win.
Here's an idea. Just give us 2 sockets outside of gear. Those two sockets will be for auras and bypass any kind of mana reserve, the auras then only apply to you or your own minions/totems, there i fixed it.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info