Static Strike

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Apr 11, 2024, 4:36:50 PM
Loving this skill. So much fun to play melee again.

Level 49 Templar and 52 duelist. 2 completely different builds using the same skill. Both fun to use so far.

Duelist is doing 8 attacks per second with life gain on hit. The bubble gives life gain for each enemy hit. It is a really dangerous build that reminds me of the old Zeal Paladin in d2. Spam in the middle of a pile, hope you don't get 1 shotted while your health is shooting up and down rapidly.

Templar is a slow attack once, watch everything die build. Lots of aoe and ele damage plus herald of ash. Attack, explode, burn. Pretty great.

Haven't gotten far enough in the game to tell if it is too strong, but it seems pretty strong in early game.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Dec 14, 2014, 8:28:58 PM
I would like some clarification of what exactly affects the AOE portion of this skill.
Does it actually replicate all the damage from the initial hit, with a effectiveness of 70%, or does things like "melee damage" etc. not get accounted for in the aoe?

Short question, WHAT does affect the AOE damage?
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
I slapped Static Strike on my lvl85 Lightning Strike Duelist just to see what it is like.
Result: My Lightning Strike Duelist is now a Static Strike Duelist.
I'm using the same build which was originally designed to be used with Lightning Strike, but Static Strike does everything better.
My build isn't even designed around Static Strike, so I'm not using it in the most efficient way.

I think Static Strikes damage effectiveness should be lowered, it's way too strong in its current state and makes Lightning Strike obsolete.
"
Reizoko wrote:
I slapped Static Strike on my lvl85 Lightning Strike Duelist just to see what it is like.
Result: My Lightning Strike Duelist is now a Static Strike Duelist.
I'm using the same build which was originally designed to be used with Lightning Strike, but Static Strike does everything better.
My build isn't even designed around Static Strike, so I'm not using it in the most efficient way.

I think Static Strikes damage effectiveness should be lowered, it's way too strong in its current state and makes Lightning Strike obsolete.

Lightning strike has been obsolete for a looong time, ever since melee splash and Multistrike was introduced if u ask me ;) (Take it from someone who used to main in a LS build) Not to mention the fact that the projetiles miss half of the mobs on screen, where an aoe takes ALL there is in the range.. Aoe > Projectiles.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
This skill does wonders in conjunction with Cast on Melee Kill. I can just hit *any* mob, the explosion still counts a melee kill and triggers the cast. I LOVE it!
I previously used Lightning Strike for this, but one problem was to actually target the mob which is about to die, and also even if the projectiles killed something, I don't think that was considered a melee kill.

However, LS certainly is utterly useless now. Instead of introducing loads of new skills every major patch, I'd be happy to see some of the less useful ones improved or completely reworked (like LS, Rejuvenation, Shield Charge needs some work too).
Static Strike feels a bit overpowered at the moment.

Playing with it since lvl 2, and it's crazy fast clearspeed compared to other melee skills, both for AoE and single target attacks.

Suggestions:
Restrict it to weapons that need some love, like maces.
And maybe reduce the AoE damage by about 25%.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Static Strike feels a bit overpowered at the moment.

Playing with it since lvl 2, and it's crazy fast clearspeed compared to other melee skills, both for AoE and single target attacks.

Suggestions:
Restrict it to weapons that need some love, like maces.
And maybe reduce the AoE damage by about 25%.

While it does good damage compared to melee skills, it still requires you to put yourself in major danger to do damage. You have to get in the middle of everything, hit something and wait. OP compared to other melee. UP compared to a lot of spell/bow skills. Unlike how Spectral Throw was an OP "melee" skill, this is not a safe ranged spamable skill.

I find this skill balances risk/reward perfectly. Also, like other melee (and unlike spells), it is weapon damage dependent. More of a problem on how attack skills level compared to spells. Damage for spells scales flat damage per level. Damage for attacks usually gives a small bonus to increased damage %. It seems to make it hard to balance attack skills for low levels without destroying them for late game.

I also wouldn't restrict this to maces. The build diversity I have seen with people using this skill in different ways has been great.

Unrelated to all that, does this skill work with reduced duration? Would it lessen the time between hit and explosion?
Last edited by sharkh20 on Dec 16, 2014, 1:56:58 AM
Make sure you nerf this skill to the ground so nobody can play melee anymore. Its just that all other options are just crap :)
I really like this skill. I feel like it's at the best position of any "melee" skill now other than the ones where you don't have to hit something(Cleave, Ground Slam). I'm just worried that due to it actually performing well it'll get hit with the nerf stick and we'll be back to the same old crap.

I'd much rather see the efficiency of the subpar melee skills go up instead. I mean even though Static is quite strong people can't honestly say that it compares to most ranged physical skills or spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info