[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Xiaoyen wrote:
Maybe just get a faster hitting weapon.

I recommend the fastest, hardest hitting weapon you can get for any attack skill choice. :) Swing speed seems to help a bunch with tankiness. Especially with heavy strike due to the stun component.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
Maybe just get a faster hitting weapon.

I recommend the fastest, hardest hitting weapon you can get for any attack skill choice. :) Swing speed seems to help a bunch with tankiness. Especially with heavy strike due to the stun component.

hehe yeah did just find a 1.95aps weapon. So atm my attackspeed is 0.16s, it is insane fun with reave. Did also test reave with LMP, and not sure if it actually does spam away 3 reaves, mobs still die too fast. And with multistrike the aoe arc is impressive :-)
"
Hierokliff wrote:
So atm my attackspeed is 0.16s, it is insane fun with reave. Did also test reave with LMP, and not sure if it actually does spam away 3 reaves, mobs still die too fast. And with multistrike the aoe arc is impressive :-)

I noticed the full circle AOE with reave + multistrike as well. (When I'm somewhat surrounded)

I think it might be slightly more optimal in terms of the intensity of the area damage to get a pack in front of you so that multi can focus all attacks in one place rather than distributing the AOE around.

I wish I could find a good weapon to test reave out with. The weapon I used in the reave demo video I made a few pages ago is only like 160 DPS or something like that whereas my axe is 269 DPS.

Oh well, I do fine with heavy strike. It's just not quite as fun - but with high attack speed it's a little bit fun. The stun component is great too. Just used it for too long. :)
or

Thanks!
"
elgafas wrote:
or

The difference between 28 and 40 blocking is a lot of saved nodes. You can spend the saved points elsewhere, which makes the crest the better choice.

Note that I recommend a rare (crafted) shield with higher evasion for best results.
Starting to think that my rusty level 38 weapon is pure awesomeness. Atleast it is way better then anything ive found or bought so far, didnt know attack speed was that powerful? Level 60 with 3.2k dps without auras, and 4k with.

And here ive been using tri-elemental weapons with WED gem before. Think one major difference is that i use Melee damage on full life, because mobs dont get near enough to hurt me, my energy shield at 200 is enough most of the times. Disadvantage with melee damage on full life is that i cant use blood magic+auras, since i dont have full life.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Starting to think that my rusty level 38 weapon is pure awesomeness. Atleast it is way better then anything ive found or bought so far, didnt know attack speed was that powerful? Level 60 with 3.2k dps without auras, and 4k with.

And here ive been using tri-elemental weapons with WED gem before. Think one major difference is that i use Melee damage on full life, because mobs dont get near enough to hurt me, my energy shield at 200 is enough most of the times. Disadvantage with melee damage on full life is that i cant use blood magic+auras, since i dont have full life.

Pretty nice sword. I do like the speed, and 182 DPS is respectable especially considering the level requirement is so low.

Pretty good setup. Like the cannot be chilled convenience and chill duration is great with hatred.

Don't know how you do it considering you have lost so much gear to standard.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:

Pretty nice sword. I do like the speed, and 182 DPS is respectable especially considering the level requirement is so low.

Pretty good setup. Like the cannot be chilled convenience and chill duration is great with hatred.

Don't know how you do it considering you have lost so much gear to standard.

hmm damned thought the gems in the chest would be linked in also. using reave+multistrike+faster attacks+melee+melee on full life
I don't use hatred atm, i use haste as my offensive aura, trying to go all out on attackspeed for a test. reave benefits alot on fast attacks, the range is pretty good after 8 hits. having each attack within 0.14-0.15s is fun and great. Just wish my faster attacks was Q20%. And since i dont need to hit anything in melee after ive got reave started, i can just hold down shift and it clears the screen with the increased range from 8 reaves.

Also trying to use shield charge+melee physical damage+stun, it is great for annoying tripplefire voidbringers. charge in, hit reave until its dead, because its stunned for a long time. not sure if stun is better or worse then getting a melee on full life...

Atleast i dont get soooooooo angry anymore when i die...
In a rut at the moment. Moloch had to help out on Vaal, which means my gear isn't up to snuff yet. Currently at Level 61, not sure what to upgrade next (may need a faster weapon, but this axe from Moloch gives a VERY nice damage plus).

Current gear setup and gem setup (note: I am levelling some gems so I can use them later if needed)

Spoiler

I have these rings/neck on standby:

Spoiler

I have almost capped all resists (by leaving chaos at -60) so I may skip on using Purity now and may opt for another aura. Evasion/Haste/Anger/Wrath? (not sure if I have an evasion gem stashed somewhere). Those auras will be underlevelled though, but not too much of a hassle to bring them up to a viable level.
So I switched my main attack to Reave instead of Infernal Blow.

My previous 5L: IB + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic + Multistrike + Melee Splash
My Reave 5L: Reave + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage

I'm guessing Reave + Melee Physical somehow does more aoe dps than Infernal Blow + Melee Splash, but that's hard to tell.

Thanks to:
my attack time with Reave is 0.15s, so I get full stacks almost instantly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info