[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Came up with a little modification.

https://pastebin.com/2A4iUc1k

What do you think?

I checked around the uber setup and played around a little with the nodes. Get rid of the rumi basically. The tree parts, have modifications for 92, 96 and 100.
Hello, I'm playing your build, I'm trying to optimize my damage.

Why advise to take a weapon with chance of critical and global critical strike multiplier ? because of "elemental overload", it seems that a critical or a strike does not change anything. You just need a minimum of %chance critical to get the buff "elemental overload"

Am i wrong somewhere?

Thank you
Sovyn can probably get more light into it, but as I've seen when playing the build the elemental overload trigger quite often, I got it almost 90% of the time up and I'm not playing cyclone, so my amount of hits per second are a lot less. Also with that amount of block, riposte, vengance and reckoning also have a change to do crit and trigger the buff. Where I do get a little trouble getting it up is on boss fights, on that case I bet a cyclone build will get it up more easily.
Please help! Can you take a couple of minutes to review my character and help me get him off the floor. Struggling with T6 maps, which can't be right. Decent clear speed against white critters, magic and rares take an Ancestral Warchief and a Shield Charge to take out quickly, but unique bosses take forever to kill. They don't nick me much in the process, but it shouldn't take 2 minutes in the blender to kill a T6 map boss.

I know the sword is underwhelming, and I'm looking for one more like the one mentioned in the Uber part of the guide on post #1 (current cost is 8+ exalts for a similar but not as good item). Other than that, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this character. He's a lot of fun to play, but the grind is a little too much of a grind.

Character's name is Roland_Plantagenet.

Gear:

I also have these items, but haven't found space for them yet:

Appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks!

P.s. My chance to block attacks is 72%, spells is 36%

P.s.s. POB w/ community fork installed tells me my Cyclone combined DPS is 106276 - and that's with all skills active (Ancestral WC, Hatred, etc.).
Last edited by Haverhill on Apr 12, 2020, 10:59:57 AM
Hello, I'm not an expert in this build but I'm trying to improve it as much as possible and customize it. I play a slightly different "consecrated path" version.
Before writing this message I bought a T16 (my atlas is not high enough yet). I did it easily and I didn't die.

First of all, I advise you to seek these talents if it is not done (on the left)

"Faith and steel"
"Devotion"
"Sanctuary"
And put your "Blue nightmare cobalt jewel" here.

Did you pay attention to your uptime of consecrated ground and fortify? I personally linked fortify to consecrated path in order to have it permanently, the loss of damage is not felt that much.

I also removed "Mind Over Matter", and i'm playing with Hatred, herald of Ash, and Blood and sand.
It may not be the best; I'm trying a lot of things right now
Last edited by Syozx on Apr 12, 2020, 8:54:18 AM
"
Haverhill wrote:
Appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Well with 100k cyclone with all options enabled something is wrong of course but it may just be the settings in PoB to some extent. Download the uber build example PoB and examine.

Your sword is only 260 pdps, might want to use a doryani's catalyst instead, they are cheap for 330+ pdps (I see one for 4 chaos) which is an upgrade even with smaller AOE.

I just noticed your skill tree is much different than the guide, you'll need to correct it, trust me, the guide tree (uber build example for you) is much better.
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 13, 2020, 5:18:59 PM
Thanks, @Sovyn, for getting back with me!

Originally, my skill tree looked identical to the "Uber Setup" in the initial post. My defenses were OK and I was hard to kill, and the damage against whites and most rares was pretty good. But some rares and almost all bosses took a lot of time to take out.

I made some changes to the Uber Setup yesterday along the lines suggested by Syozx as an experiment. It had a bit of an improvement against map bosses (up to ~T10 maps), but it was still taking quite a while to shred them down. And getting lower than Delve 200 was almost impossible. Block vs. attacks was still 72%, although vs. spells rose to 48% (vice 36% for the Uber Setup), thanks to my Blue Nightmare.

When I said my tree "looked identical" earlier, I meant identical except, at L95, I am not able to chose the 3 nodes ending at "Winter Spirit." I'm not sure what's wrong, exactly, but your tree shows those 3 taken, with 7 points left over. The math doesn't quite look right. It also looks like there are a few "missing" nodes along the path on your tree, which might account for the numbers mismatch, but I can't recreate that on the tree - the game checks for that...

OK - I reconfigured my tree to look like the Uber Setup tree (as best I can, still missing those last 3 nodes), and bought a decent Doryani's Catalyst for 30c (up to 148 physical, 14 attack speed, 38 GCSC). I also ensured POB's configuration was setup so that the "Do you use Power Charges" and "Enemy on Consecrated Ground" boxes were checked.

With these changes, my Cyclone damage now shows 139312 total DPS. Against a "Standard Boss," Total DPS is 91706. Against Shaper/Guardian it is 69602. Additionally, my attack block is still 72% and spell block is down to 36%.

Is this closer to normal? If not, what do you consider normal Cyclone Total DPS for an "almost Uber" setup? Or, are there other boxes on the Configuration tab I should be checking to get a more correct view of the DPS?

Sorry to be such a bother. I really like this build and am looking hard for ways to make it work. But my glass cannon Zombie Necro was better at Delving than this Pally, and man, that just doesn't seem right! ;)

Appreciate any suggestions, and thanks!
"
Haverhill wrote:

With these changes, my Cyclone damage now shows 139312 total DPS. Against a "Standard Boss," Total DPS is 91706. Against Shaper/Guardian it is 69602. Additionally, my attack block is still 72% and spell block is down to 36%.

Post your PoB because I get 75 block 72 spell block and over 700K dps.
700k? Man, I really missed the boat somewhere!

Here's my pastebin code: https://pastebin.com/5M1DBSfE

I'm wondering if I haven't checked all the applicable boxes in the Configuration tab. Currently, I only have the "Use Power Charges" and "Enemy on Cons. Ground" boxes checked.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Edit: my tree (when opened from inside poe-roadmap.com) says 5 points left. I'm not sure where that comes from. All quests completed, all points used up in the tree.
Last edited by Haverhill on Apr 14, 2020, 6:32:53 PM
"
Haverhill wrote:
700k? Man, I really missed the boat somewhere!

Here's my pastebin code: https://pastebin.com/5M1DBSfE

I'm wondering if I haven't checked all the applicable boxes in the Configuration tab. Currently, I only have the "Use Power Charges" and "Enemy on Cons. Ground" boxes checked.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Edit: my tree (when opened from inside poe-roadmap.com) says 5 points left. I'm not sure where that comes from. All quests completed, all points used up in the tree.

You can't tick the frenzy charge box because you didn't take charging offensive as I did in my build.

You can't tick the onslaught box because you didn't use death rush as I do.

You forgot to check the flask boxes in your items tab.

Hatred is not doing anything for you so there is a problem somewhere.

Spell block super low due to gear and jewel choices.

Also your tree is totally different - it's a whole other build.

Cut and paste my build, it'll be much better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info