[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Would it be viable to take Guardian as the Ascendancy class?
It just seems so much more tanky...

Inquisitor does provide a nice blend of tanky and damage already, but guardian is OK too, Time of Need looks interesting, Bastion of Hope not so much as we cap attack block with 100% uptime already, which is much better.

With inquisitor, Consecrated Ground regens mana and ES which is a nice synergy with MoM and Aegis, immune to ailments, take less elemental damage, plus 40% increased damage you deal, etc. The 45% attack speed alone is just insane.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 8, 2018, 8:27:57 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Would it be viable to take Guardian as the Ascendancy class?
It just seems so much more tanky...

Inquisitor does provide a nice blend of tanky and damage already, but guardian is OK too, Time of Need looks interesting, Bastion of Hope not so much as we cap attack block with 100% uptime already, which is much better.

With inquisitor, Consecrated Ground regens mana and ES which is a nice synergy with MoM and Aegis, immune to ailments, take less elemental damage, plus 40% increased damage you deal, etc. The 45% attack speed alone is just insane.

Thanks. I went Inquisitor
came from reddit just 2 say thank you for keep this build alive!
"
ariyako wrote:
came from reddit just 2 say thank you for keep this build alive!

No problem!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
MMPT86 wrote:
Now with gladiator i have 82% attack and spell block and 500k dps.

Got a PoB? I'll take a look.

Sorry for the delay:
https://pastebin.com/PBgjDyUg
MM - eMeeMe
"
MMPT86 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
MMPT86 wrote:
Now with gladiator i have 82% attack and spell block and 500k dps.

Got a PoB? I'll take a look.

Sorry for the delay:
https://pastebin.com/PBgjDyUg

Interesting hypothetical, thank you for that - played around with my tree w/same gear as yours and was able to add half a million DPS over yours, just lower spell block than yours. Instead I get MoM and some other defensive stuff. So it's a trade-off, both are good ideas.
Why no post of this on poe cc builds?
"
V1re wrote:
Why no post of this on poe cc builds?

First I've heard of it

I checked it out, and couldn't figure out how to add a build there.

Makes sense they'd want to include this one as one of the oldest and most popular builds.
My apologies if this has been answered before, but the thread is *rather long* and there's no within-thread search as far as I can tell.

Why Vaal Pact, given that it loses you the consecrated ground regen? Seems a weird tradeoff.
"
rlpowell wrote:
My apologies if this has been answered before, but the thread is *rather long* and there's no within-thread search as far as I can tell.

Why Vaal Pact, given that it loses you the consecrated ground regen? Seems a weird tradeoff.

True, but quick leech is much better than life regen.

We get other good stuff from consecrated ground nodes from inquisitor -

40% increased damage
6% mana and ES regen (good for Aegis and Mind over Matter)
25% attack speed
Immune to Ele Ailments

... And it's pretty much always up.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 25, 2018, 2:43:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info