[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
It's generally not good to stand around in one place....

Tell me about it. I've been amusing myself playing Lacerate/Multistrike. It's been like a Diablo 2 paladin using Zeal. Once I got into the cruel labyrinth, though, all that time locked in place makes me a sitting duck for Izaro. (And the scorching ray totems early in Act 6 were no fun, either.) Time to switch to Blade Flurry.

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
CelticHound wrote:
I'm trying a physical/bleed based variant - we'll see if I run out of steam.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Remember the new supports as above poster mentions, brutality, ruthless.

I'd like to work Crimson Dance, Bloodletting and Dirty Techniques into the build. Just need to come up with another 15 skill points.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what in the current tree could be delayed/skipped for this?
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Can the helmet be changed to Devoto's in this build and the chest to carcas coat? or would that be sacrificing to much defence?
"
Sovyn wrote:
He should be fairly easy. Are you using blade flurry and attacking from range? If not, please try watching for a smash animation and use your movement skill such as whirling blades or shield charge to get out of the way, then back to finish him. This mechanic is common to a lot of bosses in PoE.

OK, I have to admit I'm somewhat embarassed.... I was using Infernal Blow still... My only defense is I had only just gained access to Siosa so I had only recently had access to Blade Flurry. I swapped out and readjusted my skills and you are right, it was a cakewalk.

It's amazing how much more smoothly it's playing with that change and actually setting up a movement skill, it's like a whole other game now.

Thank you!
"
Ethercloud wrote:
Can the helmet be changed to Devoto's in this build and the chest to carcas coat? or would that be sacrificing to much defence?

Or this: Incandescent Heart? but that might lower the restances
"
CelticHound wrote:
I'd like to work Crimson Dance, Bloodletting and Dirty Techniques into the build. Just need to come up with another 15 skill points.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what in the current tree could be delayed/skipped for this?

You can always check out the level 70 or 80 skill tree as I tried to get the most important stuff first.

However, generally speaking, you would be better off grabbing damage nodes along the path already taken as I did. Tangents for a damage node are generally worse overall.
"
Ethercloud wrote:

We do need more life than 65 total from helm and chest. Unless you get a 6-link carcass jack, bringer of rain is better and far cheaper.
"
TorumSie wrote:
It's amazing how much more smoothly it's playing with that change and actually setting up a movement skill, it's like a whole other game now.

Thank you!

No problem...

A lot of the melee skills date back to a different game really. I'm sure they will be modernized eventually, but that's why I have certain recommendations.
"
Ethercloud wrote:
Or this: Incandescent Heart? but that might lower the restances

Unless your chaos resist is good, I wouldn't go that way.

"25% of Elemental Damage taken as Chaos Damage"

If you somehow get good chaos resist gear in every other slot, and a 6-link version of this chest, it would be good with aegis.
Im going to try and make this build work with Glacial hammer! with a massive chance to freeze as an extra layer of defense at a 50% chance standing at 23 hopefully it works! thanks for the awesome guide
"
kalanikila wrote:
Im going to try and make this build work with Glacial hammer! with a massive chance to freeze as an extra layer of defense at a 50% chance standing at 23 hopefully it works! thanks for the awesome guide

Yep, it'll work as well as glacial hammer can, at least. Best of luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info