[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
CelticHound wrote:
I'm trying a physical/bleed based variant - we'll see if I run out of steam.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Remember the new supports as above poster mentions, brutality, ruthless.
So, I've just started playing PoE and thought this build would fit how I play well. I'm level 40 right now and following the build, loving it so far and doing great during normal play but found I can't get through Izaro's 3rd fight in the Labyrinth.

Admittedly it was my first try, and I started the Labyrinth at level 36. Did well through the initial rooms, had a few issues with the first 2 Izaro fights but got through them by kiting and doing a nice Benny Hill impression when needed.

What would be the consensus on a good level to try the Labyrinth/Izaro again? I know I should just "git gud", but it will take some time. :-) Any advice would be great.
I've been running the Blade Flurry version of this build and have been really enjoying it. I really want to use a claw (mainly because I'm a prior D2 Assassin main and love it) and also because I want that high attack speed. What recommendations do you have as far as a target end game weapon for a claw weapon? Any good uniques for this build, or the best base for crafting a rare?

What do you recommend for linking Blade Flurry to max effect? I'm currently using Blade Flurry, Concentrated Effect/Increased AoE (depending on situation I swap these), Melee Phys Dmg, Ruthless, Faster Attacks, and Added Fire Dmg.

I arrived at this based on playing around on Plan of Building and seeing how different supports impact the DPS numbers. It seems you don't agree (for example you don't list Ruthless), so can you expand on what you run for Blade Flurry and why what I have listed here isn't that great?

(P.S. Thanks for this build! I'm returning for 3.0 and have been loving this build and having great success thus far in Hardcore Harbinger)
"
TorumSie wrote:
So, I've just started playing PoE and thought this build would fit how I play well. I'm level 40 right now and following the build, loving it so far and doing great during normal play but found I can't get through Izaro's 3rd fight in the Labyrinth.

He should be fairly easy. Are you using blade flurry and attacking from range? If not, please try watching for a smash animation and use your movement skill such as whirling blades or shield charge to get out of the way, then back to finish him. This mechanic is common to a lot of bosses in PoE.
"
Marthix wrote:
I've been running the Blade Flurry version of this build and have been really enjoying it. I really want to use a claw (mainly because I'm a prior D2 Assassin main and love it) and also because I want that high attack speed. What recommendations do you have as far as a target end game weapon for a claw weapon? Any good uniques for this build, or the best base for crafting a rare?

What do you recommend for linking Blade Flurry to max effect? I'm currently using Blade Flurry, Concentrated Effect/Increased AoE (depending on situation I swap these), Melee Phys Dmg, Ruthless, Faster Attacks, and Added Fire Dmg.

For BoR: Elemental Damage with Attacks Support, Physical to Lightning, Increased Area of Effect, Concentrated Effect or Added Fire or Damage on Full Life Support (with Aegis Aurora)

For 6-link like tabula or normal chest: Melee Physical Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks Support, Physical to Lightning, Increased Area of Effect or Concentrated Effect, Added Fire Damage or Faster Attacks or Damage on Full Life Support (with Aegis Aurora)

Ruthless sounds good, but every third hit doesn't impress me much since this is an elemental build.

Path of building doesn't show the whole story of what's going on with our ascendancy.

Going claws is cool, I did it for a while, but it's expensive to get something better than a scaeva, especially with the amazing optional sword cluster. You may want to try to compensate for not being able to get that, so that means a great weapon.

Uniques are usually cheaper than a good rare, haven't checked prices, but there's The Wasp Nest, Bloodseeker, Essentia Sanguis, Allure. Some of these require a lot of intelligence which is possible but a challenge.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 30, 2017, 5:58:45 PM
"
TorumSie wrote:

In addition to what Sovyn said, what are your flasks like? You pretty much can't get Hallowed life flasks before act 5, but you might try using alteration orbs to get a couple seething or bubbling sacred flasks. (See Sovyn's section about flasks on the first page of the thread.) That will get you some instant recovery. Don't bother using glassblower's baubles on them, though - save the baubles for hallowed or divine flasks.

Having Shield Charge linked to Fortify may help - you can charge Izaro to get him to attack, and have the damage reduction of Fortify for 5 seconds.

Another thing that might make it easier is if you can slot in an Ancestral Warchief gem. It will give you a touch more damage, but more importantly it provides an extra target to distract monsters. You can cast it just before Izaro finishes rising, and then get on with the fight.

And finally, depending on his weapon and what supports he has, Izaro is more difficult on some days than on others.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Last edited by CelticHound on Aug 31, 2017, 7:20:08 PM
So what about Frost Blades?
I just don't like Blade Flurry that much. Would Frost Blades work (with threshold jewel(s))?
I'll definitely give this build a go. Will have to test different skills to see which feels best. Going with Sword+Shield seems to make the most sense, so that restricts my choice a bit.
question.. maybe is answered but 640+ post...., so here it goes , why do u píck instruments of virtue as last ascendanci point and not the Sanctify one, its not better 40% dmg and the regen over the 20 ataack speed? (unless we get the 50% more atack damage) but how we dont use spells..

Ty sry for my english...
"
DieKao wrote:
So what about Frost Blades?
I just don't like Blade Flurry that much

This build works great with any melee skill. Pick one you like. That said, we don't take much for projectile skills.

Have you tried earthquake?
"
ad09min80 wrote:
question.. maybe is answered but 640+ post...., so here it goes , why do u píck instruments of virtue as last ascendanci point and not the Sanctify one

20% attack speed is worth a lot more than 40% increased damage. Attack speed is about 3 to 1 vs damage. Also, the attack speed is up all the time vs only when standing still sometimes with the ground effect. It's generally not good to stand around in one place.... no one does that in endgame PoE. You can cast one of our spells by hand if you like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info