[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
asyoucan wrote:
To put it more generally, are there any skill gems level constrains except for the Cast when Damage Taken?

No. :)
Am going to try this build next, but have a few questions.

I plan on using "The Surrender", which has level 30 reckoning, do the links work with that? if I attach: CoH and Enfeeble for example?

how do people get 75/75 block, how do you get the 75% block for spells?

can this build farm uber lab? if so, can I farm it with the budget version or just the premium?

If I ever can afford a red dream/nightmare what could I take out of this build? (where would it save me the most, passives or gear)if I put it by the marauder gem slot and get the 41% resistances, it will grant 14% block chance
Last edited by StefanBauer74 on Feb 5, 2017, 7:42:59 PM
"
StefanBauer74 wrote:
Am going to try this build next, but have a few questions.

As an active budget variant user I can partly answer this:

I get 71% Block:

30% from Shield (Lioneye's Remorse)
6% from Helmet (The Rain Bringer)

31% from the passive tree
4% from 3% Reckless Defense Cobalt Jewel and a 1% rare Jewel
---
71% Block

I get 68% Spell Block:

20% of Block: Reckless Defense Cobalt Jewel
25% of Block: The Rain Bringer
50% of Block: Stone of Lazhwar

--
95% of Block (71) = 67%
+1% Shield Block: from a jewel

--
68% Spell Block

In combat I usually have Tempest Shield skill up, which gives +3% Shield.

74% Block
71% Spell Block

You can buy a more expensive version of Reckless Defense with 4% Block, instead of 3% I have. That would save a Jewel slot.

You can buy more expensive corrupted version of Stone of Lazhwar with 4% block instead of Intelligence. That gives 75% without Tempest Shield.

Last edited by Tobrokke on Feb 5, 2017, 11:47:20 PM
"
StefanBauer74 wrote:
I plan on using "The Surrender", which has level 30 reckoning, do the links work with that? if I attach: CoH and Enfeeble for example?

Yes, and you could experiment with blind, power charge on crit, or life leech for the third socket.

"
StefanBauer74 wrote:

Study the item description for stone of lazhwar, rainbowstride and reckless defence.

"
StefanBauer74 wrote:
can this build farm uber lab? if so, can I farm it with the budget version or just the premium

I completed uber lab very easily with the budget setup but as with all high level bosses it comes down to learning the encounter more than the build that you use.

"
StefanBauer74 wrote:
If I ever can afford a red dream/nightmare what could I take out of this build? (where would it save me the most, passives or gear)if I put it by the marauder gem slot and get the 41% resistances, it will grant 14% block chance

Block passives grant benefits beyond just block, including armour from your shield and damage. You would have to replace those benefits with efficient nodes, which could be a challenge to actually do much better. I would suggest getting to a high enough level to actually worry about it and then see what you think.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 6, 2017, 4:39:40 AM
I'm still amazed at how tanky this build is. I just realized the bandit rewards are missing from the first post. I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in these 615 pages, but since we can't search within the thread could you please add to the first post?
"
tkensei wrote:
I'm still amazed at how tanky this build is. I just realized the bandit rewards are missing from the first post. I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in these 615 pages, but since we can't search within the thread could you please add to the first post?

It's there, in the FAQ section.

I just took the three skill points.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
tkensei wrote:

It's there, in the FAQ section.

I just took the three skill points.

Thank you. I look at that but somehow missed it (could you put spacing and highlight/bold Oak, Bandits, Normal, Cruel, etc). Would make it stand out more and easier to read.
Hi guys,
i play my Lazy Pally for a while now and i´m pretty fine with him.

Just have to question now cause i struggle with wich attack skill i should use.
ATM. i use Static Strike and have used Bladeflurry before.

I know that BF works in a different way because the skill has to build up.
But why does my mouseover tooltip shows 1062dps on BF (i know the tooltip isn´t really that correct) while my Static Strike shows 11k with the exactly same setup.

Maybe someone can give me a little explanation.
I´m not really in all of that Theorycrafting thing.
"
blutilein wrote:
I know that BF works in a different way because the skill has to build up.
But why does my mouseover tooltip shows 1062dps on BF (i know the tooltip isn´t really that correct) while my Static Strike shows 11k with the exactly same setup.

It's because blade flurry is per hit damage, whereas static strike is damage per second. You'll notice that because of your attack time that blade flurry hits more than once per second, and that according to the skill description, the damage is increased as it charges up as well. The math is posted in the guide if you would like to convert that to damage per second to compare with your static strike.

The main advantage of blade flurry over static is the targeting. With static you have to move to each pack/monster and kill it, which is very inefficient. With blade flurry, you can erase a whole screen full of enemies in a second with practice. This is the current meta.
This may have come up before in the 600+ page discussion, but is there any practical reason to have this build as a Templar and not Gladiator?
A Belligerent Expert System

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info