[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hello dear Templar-Followers! :)

I managed to level my templar with this awesome guide quite a long time time ago.
Now I got back into POE and tried to update my char with the ascendandies and other stuff.

I really need some feedback concerning my char, because I have the feeling I am a bit to weak. I don't have much currency but I would try to update my char, if it would be affordable.

Thanks in advance guys! Greets
I looked around poe.trade and there's basically no lazhwar or lioneye's remorse with useful corruption, for sale in Essence league.

For now the only real thing I can improve is my belt. Is there anything better than the Doryani's when it comes to weapons or is it really the best in slot?
Last edited by tyranius on Oct 2, 2016, 6:39:23 AM
"
RaveHeart1985 wrote:

I really need some feedback concerning my char, because I have the feeling I am a bit to weak. I don't have much currency but I would try to update my char, if it would be affordable.

You can improve your doryani's implicit from 10 to 20 wed with a blessed orb.

An inexpensive bringer of rain would be better than your current chest and hat but will necessitate rebalancing your resists. One way to do that is to get resists on skill tree jewels, they can have up to 50 points of resistances each. I didn't even have to max them out. You can see my current gear section.

Your mana leech gear is passe as I take a mana leech node on the skill tree now.

You can definitely do better on your rare ring.
"
tyranius wrote:
I looked around poe.trade and there's basically no lazhwar or lioneye's remorse with useful corruption, for sale in Essence league.

For now the only real thing I can improve is my belt. Is there anything better than the Doryani's when it comes to weapons or is it really the best in slot?

There are bunches of block lazhwar's, just need to know how to search for it... here's the correct parameters: http://poe.trade/search/imetaumohunora

Doryani's is best in slot for the 99%. In theory, a very well rolled rare scepter could be better with a higher crit chance and more pdps.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
tyranius wrote:

There are bunches of block lazhwar's, just need to know how to search for it... here's the correct parameters: http://poe.trade/search/imetaumohunora

Doryani's is best in slot for the 99%. In theory, a very well rolled rare scepter could be better with a higher crit chance and more pdps.

Holy crap I feel dumb now. Anyway, got my corrupted lazhwar and now 2% chance away from max block [I do reach max block with Tempest Shield though].
"
tyranius wrote:
[I do reach max block with Tempest Shield though].

Me too, that's all you need.
Sorry to keep pestering you but how do you feel about getting the life leech nodes on the south end of the tree? Some increased leech per second seems good.
"
tyranius wrote:
Sorry to keep pestering you but how do you feel about getting the life leech nodes on the south end of the tree? Some increased leech per second seems good.

It's not a bad choice, but I have enough leech where small hits are smoothed over anyway. More leech per second won't really help with that rare one-shot which is the only risk IMO. Might help with the odd chaos regen boss but you can just pop atziri's promise and kill it in my experience. Skill tree choices are all about compromise and I can't think of anything I could give up. We need some good damage and some life and of course the block which is the point of the build.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
RaveHeart1985 wrote:

You can improve your doryani's implicit from 10 to 20 wed with a blessed orb.

An inexpensive bringer of rain would be better than your current chest and hat but will necessitate rebalancing your resists. One way to do that is to get resists on skill tree jewels, they can have up to 50 points of resistances each. I didn't even have to max them out. You can see my current gear section.

Your mana leech gear is passe as I take a mana leech node on the skill tree now.

You can definitely do better on your rare ring.

hey sovyn, those were really helpful tipps!

i spent some currency on bringer of rain and used 2 divines on it, but it didn't roll well. rng can be mean sometimes ;) furthermore i spend all my respec points to match my passive skill tree to your current tree, although i am only at lvl 91 => all in all i think it turned out quite nice

i would be really happy if you could take a look a my changed build. thank you very much! :)

hi sovyn, i have a big problem with this build... no have a dps and not have life/armour...

this is my equip :

Spoiler

I have full doryani, full romira and full BoR. My dps in HO with Hatred and HoA active are:

The armour in HO are: 8526...

I read the other DPS/Defence.. my level is 78... have 3 Lab... why my dps/defence are so much less of other ???

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info