[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi Sovyn!
Thanks for this build!
Can you tell me - Shaper and his guards available here?

I've got Static Strike 67k dps on tooltip without power-ups and 137k with charges, flasks and vaal haste.
I play with Aurora and Rainbowstride, got 640 energy shield and 4k hp.
All resistance is fine, chances to block 75% too, but i've got 92% chance to hit - it is wrong or fine?

I can't kill Minotaur and Chimera, they always have left around 10-20% hp (Phoenix and Hydra do not tried)
So my question, something wrong with me or this bosses not available in this build? You kill them all?
Alright, Bringer of Rain is working OK. Made it harder to cap resists though.

What would be my next step in items?

Spoiler
"
tyranius wrote:
I tested out the Aegis Aurora and felt a little bit underwhelmed. It's probably way better if you have considerable ES on your gear, but I don't. I think I'll just revert to what I was using.

Aegis is all right, but not the miracle that some people seem to think it is. You could try more armour via constant granite flask use. "Replenishes Energy Shield by 2% of Armour when you Block". I don't think more ES gear would make that much difference.
"
sockgr wrote:

could you upload a clip using ice crash and/or earthquake? it could be nice for the build!

I have been meaning to do that for a long time now. Things are certainly looking a lot more impressive than they used to, so it's long overdue....
"
zloybot_qt wrote:
Hi Sovyn!
Thanks for this build!
Can you tell me - Shaper and his guards available here?

I've got Static Strike 67k dps on tooltip without power-ups and 137k with charges, flasks and vaal haste.
I play with Aurora and Rainbowstride, got 640 energy shield and 4k hp.
All resistance is fine, chances to block 75% too, but i've got 92% chance to hit - it is wrong or fine?

I can't kill Minotaur and Chimera, they always have left around 10-20% hp (Phoenix and Hydra do not tried)
So my question, something wrong with me or this bosses not available in this build? You kill them all?

92% chance to hit is great.

I've been casually trying for level 97 so I'm not taking any risks right now. That said, you should be able to kill any boss in the game with this build with the correct strategy. For example, consider all available flasks and auras pertinent to the encounter and use a ranged melee skill if necessary.
"
tyranius wrote:
Alright, Bringer of Rain is working OK. Made it harder to cap resists though.

What would be my next step in items?

You pretty much have to use two resist jewels on your skill tree with BoR, then it's not bad. Rings, you can up your dps a lot there with a romira's and a good second ring with accuracy or flat physical damage. Amulet, corruption with block, shield, corruption with spell block (possible long term goal), gloves with flat physical damage. Don't forget to quality your BoR for extra armour/evasion. Belt, check if tora will add weapon elemental damage, if not, find one with an open prefix for that.
Hi Sovyn, have you ever tried to use Varunastra as your main weapon?
Since Varunastra is count as all 1h weapon I think it is potentially sync well with the skill points.
"
Abe92 wrote:
Hi Sovyn, have you ever tried to use Varunastra as your main weapon?
Since Varunastra is count as all 1h weapon I think it is potentially sync well with the skill points.

I didn't because there is no point.

Varunastra cost: 70+ chaos
Doryani's cost: 5 chaos

Varunastra pdps: 250
Doryani's pdps: 300

Varunastra other dps perks: 18% accuracy
Doryani's other dps perks: 32% increased Elemental Damage, 80%+ increased Elemental Damage, 38% increased Global Critical Strike Chance (obviously, much better)

Varunastra survivability perks: +3 Mana gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks (unnecessary)
Doryani's survivability perks: 0.2% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life (this is huge, 2000+ life/sec regained if we don't consider the life leech limits)

As far as Varunastra's main feature, we already take the most efficient damage nodes for a max block build, so that's not of any help either.
Great build, been using it since the pre 2.0 days.

Since this build switched to Ice Crash, I have been having the hardest time with single target damage. While clearing mobs is great, boss killing is proving to be really slow with Ice Crash. Is there anything I can do to increase single target damage? Perhaps switch to a new skill? In my passive tree, I went with getting more life instead of critical chance since I was losing out on life from my gear, should I respect to remove life and get critical?

My gear for reference

"
20_below wrote:
Great build, been using it since the pre 2.0 days.

Since this build switched to Ice Crash, I have been having the hardest time with single target damage. While clearing mobs is great, boss killing is proving to be really slow with Ice Crash. Is there anything I can do to increase single target damage? Perhaps switch to a new skill? In my passive tree, I went with getting more life instead of critical chance since I was losing out on life from my gear, should I respect to remove life and get critical?

I haven't noticed any problem. You could put concentrated effect instead of elemental focus for a boss that you are having trouble killing and it should go away. Or, try Earthquake.

That said, there is certainly room for improvement in your gear for damage and probably on your skill tree as well. See my 'current gear' and 'current skill tree', page one, for successful combination.

Also, don't forget dps flasks for bosses.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 2, 2016, 2:24:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info