[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
ZaeN wrote:
Hi Sovyn, thanks for your build, it gave tons of informations!
It is so far one of the best chars i have, it is THE tank with elemental flavour (thanks to inquisitor class)

Hi ZaeN, thanks for posting your experience, if you have any questions let me know here.
Just wanted to give you a shout out, Sovyn. Your build thus far is pretty good. Still need to max the gems and get a few more (only 83) levels, but all in all it's spot on as your described.

I have to play using a DSL connection so it's nice having a buffer when I lag, which I do often. No other build that I've tried offers that kind of protection. So, thanks for sharing. Much appreciated.

My gear is pretty much in line with everyone else. Looking for glove and belt upgrades will be a challenge I'm sure.

Spoiler

The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
My gear is pretty much in line with everyone else. Looking for glove and belt upgrades will be a challenge I'm sure.

Thanks for the shout out Bowman. On the belt one trick I often recommend is getting a rustic with an open prefix mod and just crafting the elemental damage with Tora. With level 8 Tora it is easy to get elemental damage over 20 which is fine (it's a minor thing). This way you can usually afford the 90+ life 300+ armour belt. I often use this page to check items while shopping that I'm looking to craft. All that said your current belt is good.

On the gloves I don't think you would need mana leech as Romira's is usually enough leech for me. I do carry a mana flask for some maps but I don't have to use it often, mostly just for chaining leap slam a zillion times to get around quickly. Without the leech you could probably find life and tri res for not too much currency. Check if you really need the tri res though, I'd recommend high resist jewels instead if at all possible as that's much cheaper than a tri-res life piece and you could then get physical damage/attack speed on gloves which is usually a bigger damage boost than anything on a jewel.
Where is the chaos damage shown in tooltip coming from? I don't see any gear that converts and I didn't notice it in your tree
"
BazingaBoom wrote:
Where is the chaos damage shown in tooltip coming from? I don't see any gear that converts and I didn't notice it in your tree

Atziri's Promise flask.
Hey Sovyn, just curious is me again. Just curious can this build speed clear t10+? Without aegis. Thank you.
"
jasontheng wrote:
Hey Sovyn, just curious is me again. Just curious can this build speed clear t10+? Without aegis. Thank you.

In my initial testing it looks like Earthquake with Increased Area of Effect, Less Duration and Added Fire supports in Bringer of Rain is decent for that purpose. One must hold the shift key down though. Leap - Quake - Leap - Quake. Maybe 2-3 quakes for a rare/champ pack before moving on.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
jasontheng wrote:

In my initial testing it looks like Earthquake with Increased Area of Effect, Less Duration and Added Fire supports in Bringer of Rain is decent for that purpose. One must hold the shift key down though. Leap - Quake - Leap - Quake. Maybe 2-3 quakes for a rare/champ pack before moving on.

Ok, will try that soon. That means static strike is not suitable for speed?
"
jasontheng wrote:
Ok, will try that soon. That means static strike is not suitable for speed?

I don't have enough Gorge maps to do a lot of repetitions for an accurate test. Static is the best for boss kill speed, that's been well established, but may be a minute behind on clear speed for the trash monster packs. Again this is going on 1-2 runs worth of test here so take it for what that's worth. I was going to do a couple more runs before posting any findings.
Just completed Atziri at level 87. 3 deaths.

My reward:

First time playing with a non-ranged character. Ad phase of atziri was the most annoying as the AOE is horrible with Static but, nonetheless, 3 portals left isn't too bad for first try.
POE is life. POE is ♥.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info