[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Progression Question:

I'm in cruel and cruising -- almost level 40, no problems with mana or life. Running hatred as my only aura now, tempest shield is linked with add lightning, and I've got heavy blow, melee splash, and stun.

Trying to decide where to go next:

1) Start using Blood Magic gem with my primary attack (and add LGOH)?
2) Start running grace (just got grace)?
3) Add Weap Phys Dmg to my main attack?

I suppose I could just try them all and see, but I thought I'd ask first and see if I can learn from others' experiences while the servers are down...
Yes I got a free reset :)

My Chance to evade has been increased from 29% to 40%, hurray !!!

I haven't gone into the intelligence nodes, no Weight Lifting (maybe I'll pull it in future), no Bulwark...

To complete my 75% block, I pulled a couple of block nodes in close to the duelist area to (+30% increased defenses from shield and +2% shield block) and Weapon Artistry, on the ranger area.

As I had some blue gems leveled, I had to pull a +30 intelligence node between the duelist and ranger area.

To replace the life lost by not taking Weight Lifting, I pulled three life nodes on the ranger area, close to the block nodes.

Now I have 2 unused points. I have to decide what to do with them:

a) Going offensive leading to Aspect of the Panther
b) More life leading to Weight Life.
c) More endurance leading to the Marauder starting area: Heart of the Gladiator and two 15% reduced extra damage from criticals

Actually I have 2878 life. Probably it's low for a level 73. I have a couple of items without life: Stone of Lazhwar and Aurseize

My dps is good, 6760 dps buffed myself, using Heavy Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Melee Splash.

I run Grace, Hatred and Tempest Shield.
I'm so lazy I run no aura on life. :S

Tempest Shield + Reduced Mana + Iron Will + Culling Strike makes life hilarious.

I use Shield Charge widely to reach those caster behind melees.

I use Enfeeblement with some heavy bosses.

I tank without any problem level 66 and 67 maps. I still haven't gone further.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
"
dfscott wrote:
Progression Question:

I'm in cruel and cruising -- almost level 40, no problems with mana or life. Running hatred as my only aura now, tempest shield is linked with add lightning, and I've got heavy blow, melee splash, and stun.

I suppose I could just try them all and see, but I thought I'd ask first and see if I can learn from others' experiences while the servers are down...

If you're fine with life and mana, there's no need to use BM on your main attack.

Probably you don't need to use Grace at your level, but I suggest you keep on leveling it.

If you replace your Stun gem for Melee Physical Damage, you'll boost your dps. But you will consume more mana. :S
If you change it and have problems with mana, a mana leech item could help you. Try to buy Slitherpich, I think they are pretty cheap.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
Hi Sovyn, The new ranger area did wonders for my character. I did a complete respec and gain 2000 dps with Heavy Strike and boosted my evasion to 46%. Evasion is working so well now that I'm able to drop Acrobat. Here's my new build.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAF4B5wSzBS0UIBRxGjIaOBpVG60dFCNNKMUyiTboOJY94kA2QT9BqkRyR35I7kp9TDVOKk99UEdRYFHmU99W-lfiWNtZ81uvYEthIWSjZU1mnmegapNuaXKpdEF07XfXeK5673zZfyuAVoTEhNmE74d2kFWbg6IApzCnhKmVrKqsr7QvtPm2QbcXt9O-p8APwBrSTdN-1e3Wit0N3sHkreeR7DjuDu968B_zvvcy97746_rS_MU=
"
Dwarg wrote:
With the new Ranger buffs, I got an opportunity to respec my build. I last posted when I was L80 and I'm now L81. Back the, I was about 4 nodes away from getting Ondar's Guile. Given the free re-spec and kahoraho's mentioning the new Weapon Artistry node, I have reworked my passive tree.

Looks good! Thanks for the update. I have not had much time to play the last few days but should be able to take a closer look at the 11.2 changes and come up with at least the final 120 point "official" build. :)
"
Altorparia wrote:
Sovyn, what do you think about the new Amber Amulet unique? Might be good at low levels or even with Titucus Span.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Anvil

Hard to give up the spell block as we can't really get it elsewhere, but that is a very nice amulet. I'd imagine a variation with a different shield might be possible for those lucky enough to find such an amulet. But I still recommend getting a good chunk of evasion somewhere. So if one were to go with lioneyes for example, one would need a couple of good hybrid armour pieces or one godly pure evasion piece to compensate.
"
dfscott wrote:
Progression Question:

You want melee physical damage for your heavy strike. It's your biggest bang for the buck. :)

Grace will go with your blood magic support gem.

You will want a mana leech item (maybe 2% until your gems are leveled and you are doing the big damage). Until then you can use mana potions.

Up to you though. I'm just not a big fan of BM for the attack skills.
"
kahoraho wrote:
Yes I got a free reset :)

My Chance to evade has been increased from 29% to 40%, hurray !!!

I haven't gone into the intelligence nodes, no Weight Lifting (maybe I'll pull it in future), no Bulwark...

To complete my 75% block, I pulled a couple of block nodes in close to the duelist area to (+30% increased defenses from shield and +2% shield block) and Weapon Artistry, on the ranger area.

As I had some blue gems leveled, I had to pull a +30 intelligence node between the duelist and ranger area.

To replace the life lost by not taking Weight Lifting, I pulled three life nodes on the ranger area, close to the block nodes.

Now I have 2 unused points. I have to decide what to do with them:

a) Going offensive leading to Aspect of the Panther
b) More life leading to Weight Life.
c) More endurance leading to the Marauder starting area: Heart of the Gladiator and two 15% reduced extra damage from criticals

Actually I have 2878 life. Probably it's low for a level 73. I have a couple of items without life: Stone of Lazhwar and Aurseize

My dps is good, 6760 dps buffed myself, using Heavy Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Melee Splash.

I run Grace, Hatred and Tempest Shield.
I'm so lazy I run no aura on life. :S

Tempest Shield + Reduced Mana + Iron Will + Culling Strike makes life hilarious.

I use Shield Charge widely to reach those caster behind melees.

I use Enfeeblement with some heavy bosses.

I tank without any problem level 66 and 67 maps. I still haven't gone further.

Thanks for your update! :)

That's an excellent chance to evade for this build.

Excellent DPS too.

My life is actually lower than yours and I get by. I doubt many other melee builds could get by with so little. As you know, I'm self found. I only have found / crafted one or two upgrades since I last updated my gear section and that was ages ago. :)

Yes, 66 and 67 maps are a little bit hard to get past due to the way the map system is set up. I've only found a few 68's.

The "official" 11.2 120 point build is in the works. :) Obviously it won't be too much different but I might come up with something creative, never know.

After that I'll plan the progression builds over the next few days.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 17, 2013, 1:10:45 AM
deleted duplicate post
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 17, 2013, 1:16:35 AM
"
kahoraho wrote:
Try to buy Slitherpich, I think they are pretty cheap.

Good suggestion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info