Following this guide atm on my Templar! so good! using
right now!
"
Altorparia wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Altorparia wrote:
.......but if you have instant flasks you can take them on easily. You might need Stone of Lazhwar as well for a smoother experience.

Thanks for the write up. This line stood out to me as I consider these items nearly required now. Makes life so much easier.

You should add them as the only mandatory items, they are dirt cheap.

Upgraded my weapon;

And I have also took out the Blood Magic gem from Heavy Strike and put in Faster Attacks. My tooltip DPS is 6259.3 with Hatred at level 10.

Can't make the unique required as, believe it or not, most self found folks would never find one. :)

Nice weapon and DPS total. Respectable.
"
kahoraho wrote:

Yesterday I did some maps alone with a few MF gear.
I had no problem with 50% regeneration, being cursed...

But final boss on Grotto? killed me twice. It's a 66 map that looks like a dungeon on act2. Small rooms and stairs to access other levels. Final boss is an humanoid with several legs, like a spider, that cast lighting strike.

First time, the hordes of skeleton + boss killed me.
Second time I kite the boss while I was killing skeleton. Once skeleton were died, I faced boss. His critics, I think they were critical, dropped me more than 2k life. He managed to hit me twice and I died :s

Third time boss was at 50% life. When he hit me, I shield charge away, drink a potion and kite him until being full again.

It worked and I learnt a lesson. As I'm not so lazy, I'm going to use a Bear Trap for some occasions. I can't imagine on facing a non leach rare, no leech, no mana. xD

It would be interesting if we all meet in game and do some maps. Even my play time is limited, two hours a day.

The map with the Fidelitas clone boss (Overgrown Ruin) is the hardest level 66 map as the boss room is such a small space and there are so many monsters in there. My last video shows me clearing that zone. I did not die as you can see from the experience bar, but I had to snipe at the boss carefully as the map had an 88% increased damage affix.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 13, 2013, 11:24:54 PM
"
kahoraho wrote:
Btw ranger area is going to be rebuild on next patch. Maybe there'll be changes on accuracy and evasion too.
Do you think all classes will get a free reset?. I'm wondering what changes will they do.

If it's like the past, they may grant a full respec for only those that have taken some of the affected nodes.

Evasion is going to be better than it is now, which ties into my "get some of everything" philosophy.

I just read Chris' update, and it sounds like monster accuracy rating will no longer apply versus our evasion, making evasion a bit stronger.
"
tiggyr wrote:

...managed to pick this up very cheap (I'm the LAZY lazy pally in that i dont even play self found...)
Phenomenal weapon for just over a GCP in total... I'm finding that in maps "Infernal blow" becomes *incredibly* useful as 1) i dont have to run around after mobs after knocking them away with heavy strike, and 2) coupled with splash it whittles down a few mobs at a time and them BAM sets them all off at one like the old exploding barrels in doom... can clear whole packs by just focusing on a few mobs.

Another pointer which may have been noted is just how *much* having skellies help even out the hots versus a hard hitting melee boss like Kole... throw down a skelly totem and it is a MASSIVE damage mitigation as with 4 skellies up you're only even getting *attention* 20% of the time. Can faceroll Kole this way no troubles.

Just also want to say thanks for this build, its helped incredibly given how difficult my 2 handed smash melee character became towards the end of Merciless... now I feel like I'm invulnerable by comparison (and my DPS aint too bad either).

Good weapon, good deal. :)

Yes, I've used infernal blow before, it's a fine choice.

On Kole I find with enfeeble he's not hard. I only use enfeeble on unique named, so it's not too much like work.

I suppose one would put a blind support gem linked with their attack skill to make things even easier, in an entirely passive way at that. It was good before, but after the upcoming evasion patch it will be an even better choice for those looking to be nearly invulnerable.
"
Altorparia wrote:

"
kahoraho wrote:

I didn't use any totem, trap or curse. Too lazy = sure dead :s
I'm wearing a Enfeebled curse, but I didn't have on any hot key assigned (three auras instead), so I didn't remember I had it until one incarceration was dead and the other was around 30%

I have to remember to move it to hot keys. :D

Number of hotkeys are not enough, unfortunately. I have to swap reju totem and enfeeble with auras and it is pretty annoying. :(

One reason to keep skill selection limited. :) I know I'm missing out on some flexibility by just having auras, one attack skill and one curse, but I do OK. :) ...and it keeps things easy to play.

PS I think GGG should add more button spaces though for those that want more!
"
Hierokliff wrote:
crap killed at level 73, shouldnt play on lunaris when iam tired... maybe i did die because i did drop down block to much. had 62% when i died, one-hit from kole and no more HC...should have keep on remembering my chars name, FegisHiero...2.8k hp, 38% armor, enfeeble up and one-hit me in my face.

SO sorry to hear of the HC death. :(

Kole has killed all sorts of melee builds unfortunately. Even after they supposedly nerfed him. Not a sure thing, but close with this build and decent gear.

Just bad luck my friend.

I know I had block up to 75% well before then, but there is always a small chance of a big 'ole crit no matter how much avoidance you pile on.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 13, 2013, 11:48:44 PM
"
tyvar1 wrote:
Following this guide atm on my Templar! so good!

Great! Keep us posted on how you get along. :)
"
Hierokliff wrote:
crap killed at level 73, shouldnt play on lunaris when iam tired... maybe i did die because i did drop down block to much. had 62% when i died, one-hit from kole and no more HC...should have keep on remembering my chars name, FegisHiero...2.8k hp, 38% armor, enfeeble up and one-hit me in my face.

I play a variant of sovyn build (more damage oriented), lvl 76, 66% block, 2.8k hp, 10k armor (no evasion) and I skeep Kole. I just run to next room cause a critical one shot me even if I can handle normal hits. Loot not worth loose of exp (I don't play hardcore), but I facetank piety with full resist :)
Yeah i should just have run pass him, drop a totem or something to get his attention elsewhere. But tired and stupid got me thinkin, what the heck, lets kill that hardhittingb*tch.

And bam oh resurect button?

Another char goes to SC to idle. So far this was my record with 20levels :) Did really enjoy it instead of playing more damageoriented builds, sure its fun to oneshot everything for a few minutes. But standing in middle of damage and seeing mob after mob going blind while blocking and taking almost no damage was more fun.

Atleast i died because of my stupidity then of lag/sync problem.
Time to start a new one, hope i find as good gear this run as i did the last. Not really selffound like Sovyn, but enjoy using items i find instead of spending time on trading, and i got no idea on what items cost :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info