[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi,

a few questions about max. block.

Does the Lazhwar amulett work with overcaped max. block?

If not, is there any other reason to overcap the block chance?

Or is it just reasonable to get 72 % block chance so with tempest shield 75 %?

Thx for the build

gl hf everyone
"
SirMaddes wrote:
Hi,

a few questions about max. block.

Does the Lazhwar amulett work with overcaped max. block?

If not, is there any other reason to overcap the block chance?

Or is it just reasonable to get 72 % block chance so with tempest shield 75 %?

Thx for the build

gl hf everyone

Hi SirMaddes :)

Spell block % chance applies only to your cap of (up to) 75% or 78% with Anvil. So any block chance over 75/78 respectively is "wasted".

72/75 with Tempest Shield (TS) is fine for "max block". If you go with Aegis and a 2% block corrupted Lazhwar you wouldn't even need to use TS.
And I'm back with more questions :P

First of all thank you for responding on my last post, your comments are what makes this thread so helpful.

I was watching the talent tree and one of your choices keeps bugging me...

How important is Disemboweling or that whole 5 point cluster while having Romira's? I mean.. I'm watching my power charges dance up and down all the time, which means i'm criting enough, so wouldn't it be better spending those 5 points invested in all that crit chance somewhere else...
Like for example, with those 5 points I/we could reach Bone Breaker or Skull Cracking which both look pretty sweet and give some great dmg along the way.

Let me know asap, I'm losing my mind over here thinking about it :D
"
Dumah2123 wrote:
And I'm back with more questions :P

First of all thank you for responding on my last post, your comments are what makes this thread so helpful.

I was watching the talent tree and one of your choices keeps bugging me...

How important is Disemboweling or that whole 5 point cluster while having Romira's? I mean.. I'm watching my power charges dance up and down all the time, which means i'm criting enough, so wouldn't it be better spending those 5 points invested in all that crit chance somewhere else...
Like for example, with those 5 points I/we could reach Bone Breaker or Skull Cracking which both look pretty sweet and give some great dmg along the way.

Let me know asap, I'm losing my mind over here thinking about it :D

Best way is to spec one way and spec the other way and let us know. It's cheap to test this out.

Here's the data I've got for example (probably from 1.3 but makes no difference):

blunt instrument (844 dps per point (3))

30% crit chance node (977 dps for 1 point)

Don't forget to average it out to include any lead-in nodes.....
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 20, 2015, 2:06:35 AM
Well if you had to pick then, between Bone Breaker or Skull Cracking, which one would you take?

"
Dumah2123 wrote:
Well if you had to pick then, between Bone Breaker or Skull Cracking, which one would you take?

Probably bone breaker but it will cost you 5 points including the lead in node so it's not going to be a very good value. You would take the tooltip dps difference with vs. without and divide by 5. That's assuming you take Disemboweling anyway, otherwise you would have to divide by 7 which would make it a very bad choice. I'm sure something like Strong Arm would be a better value (only 3 points).
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 20, 2015, 4:55:56 PM
Once again, thank you for your patience and explaining.

More questions thou :)

On my Cast on damage taken setup (which is lvl 2) I'm running tempest shield, blood rage and flame golem.
Now, I've tried molten shell instead of golem and didn't see any uses for it cuz at such a low level it breaks as soon as it procs so that 150ish armor it provides gives me no benefit.
Now I have issues with golem too :/ He is only level 4 so CoDT can cast him but hes more dead then alive , like 80% of the time i dont even have the golem buff..

My question is should i stick with golem or try something else in that setup? If yes, what, nothing pops to mind except immortal call which don't need at all :S
"
Dumah2123 wrote:
Once again, thank you for your patience and explaining.

More questions thou :)

On my Cast on damage taken setup (which is lvl 2) I'm running tempest shield, blood rage and flame golem.
Now, I've tried molten shell instead of golem and didn't see any uses for it cuz at such a low level it breaks as soon as it procs so that 150ish armor it provides gives me no benefit.
Now I have issues with golem too :/ He is only level 4 so CoDT can cast him but hes more dead then alive , like 80% of the time i dont even have the golem buff..

My question is should i stick with golem or try something else in that setup? If yes, what, nothing pops to mind except immortal call which don't need at all :S

You could try adding culling strike to pair with tempest shield for the ability to end fights quicker.
This is a great guide, well maintained and updated. I'm going to turn my 2h static strike Scion into this, as she's still not been re-specced since the Awakening. Scion appears to be the ideal class anyway, wasting the fewest points. Cheers!
IGN: Prospectus
"
Dumah2123 wrote:

Yeah, best we can do is momentary buffs with CWDT in 2.0. Not much else to put there without using manually-activated skills which I am not keen to do. Fortunately we don't need CWDT really, it's just an extra now. The culling idea above sounds neat, have not tested that myself. May be a better option than golem or blood rage (for aegis users, non-aegis users have to use blood rage as the 3 frenzy charges are very good).
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 21, 2015, 11:48:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info