[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
bloads wrote:
I'm confused about the Zealot's Oath choice...

It seems that your recommended gear is almost all Armor, and barely any ES, why would you take away all of your life regen?

Sure you're looking at my build bloads? I don't take ZO.
"
Saraneth wrote:
Loving the build so far. Having a lot of fun, thanks.

You're welcome Saraneth! If you have any questions feel free to ask me here.

I think you are maybe the first to link your pets, well done, gave me a chuckle.
I switched out blood rage cos I decided I wanted to keep my energy shield up most of the time (using Aegis) and added rallying cry and phase run. Like it for a quick burst of extra damage, especially useful against those tough, armored rares.

Hi Sovyn's !

I'm really impressed by your build and especially by his explanations and possible alternatives.

I'm new to POE and I started to play Templar (lvl 27) following your build.
However, I am intrigued by one thing. Does your build is always up to date?

Because the post of the build is quite old ... Nevertheless I follow this build because I want to play too :).

Thank you a lot !
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Awoudex wrote:
Did some tweaking because i wasn't playing lazy at all, i was drinking mana's like an alcoholic! Luckily i had some passives left that i sank into 2 circles with reduced mana cost right next to the templar starting area and i added a quality reduced mana in favor of a quantity gem in my 6L attack combo. Now i am lazy again, even on maps with 50% reduced generation i only have to drink when i screw up positioning.
Pushing for higher maps again to see what flaws come to light. Currently only 67% block chance and no spellblock yet but i'm sure i'll get there.
Using a high phys dps claw for the moment and i absolutely love whirling blades now due to improved behavior with lockstep, i have so much more controll on positioning, targetting dangerous ranged mobs way faster.
Still got a bit low dps though, almost 18k at the moment, but i'm not sure if i wanna switch to mace just yet :D

Whirling blades is no doubt the best movement skill but you give up a ton of damage to use it (only works with sword, dagger, claw). Unless you have very deep pockets of course.

There is no reason to use reduced mana support as blood magic support + a second herald is much better.

I'll switch when i get some other upgrades first and i like to find my own stuff. Currently everything on him except le Heup is self found and even that le Heup wasn't bought for this character.

As for switching to BM, i rather not, currently no life or mana leech needed and i hardly drink at all, when i add BM i'll be drinking for life when engaging the higher HP hard hitting mobs. It's a working adaptation to your build for the gear that i currently posess. I got a nice pile of regrets to remake the passive tree as new gear becomes available :)
-Something in the way
"
Quixote77 wrote:
I switched out blood rage cos I decided I wanted to keep my energy shield up most of the time (using Aegis) and added rallying cry and phase run. Like it for a quick burst of extra damage, especially useful against those tough, armored rares.

Ok, I guess since you don't have any frenzy charges to "consume" that might be an option. The option I suggest in the guide for Aegis users is Molten Shell.
"
Didouzz wrote:
Hi Sovyn's !

I'm really impressed by your build and especially by his explanations and possible alternatives.

I'm new to POE and I started to play Templar (lvl 27) following your build.
However, I am intrigued by one thing. Does your build is always up to date?

Because the post of the build is quite old ... Nevertheless I follow this build because I want to play too :).

Thank you a lot !

Hi Didouzz :)

Yes it's up to date, you can see the changelog and post update times are very recent. I've been maintaining this guide for years. Lots and lots of revisions and rethinking over time due to the various patches.
Both thumbs up for this build Sovyn. I'm a newcomer to PoE and this is my 2nd char (ruined 1st as usual :P) and I'm loving it. It's exactly my playstyle and all I wanted from character. Level 86 atm. Got a few questions thou...

1. I have an oprotunity to get Daresso's Defiance (5 linked, 6 socketed) for free.. Can I or can I not utilise it with this build?

2. With Ranbowstride and me picking Diamond skin I'm far above resistance req.s Should I go for life or more damage pieces now?

3. Any for a complete lvl 100 skill tree link? I know its hard to reach it but those 5 points u have left in your talent tree are eating me alive, where to put them, what seems the best?

Once more, great build and great to someone who cares and replys to most of the posts on this huge huge thread.

GO WITH GOD! :D
Last edited by Dumah2123 on Aug 16, 2015, 4:50:05 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
bloads wrote:
I'm confused about the Zealot's Oath choice...

It seems that your recommended gear is almost all Armor, and barely any ES, why would you take away all of your life regen?

Sure you're looking at my build bloads? I don't take ZO.

Ah, it just looked highlighted. Thanks for the reply, loving the build
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Quixote77 wrote:

Ok, I guess since you don't have any frenzy charges to "consume" that might be an option. The option I suggest in the guide for Aegis users is Molten Shell.

Yep, using a maxed out Molten Shell together with a maxed out CWDT. I find it triggers quite often in higher maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info