[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
sockgr wrote:
boss what if we replace golem on cwdt setup with phase run and we manualy cast the golem?

I haven't tested it for more than 5 seconds but I don't think I like phase run because it "Consumes Frenzy Charges to increase duration." (Says right on the gem.) This would potentially reduce DPS. Also I think it would only boost a hit or two, the golem sometimes lasts longer even at only level 3. I'm not a big fan of manually casting things as you know.

Edit: Oh, just saw you already tested and found this out yourself, nevermind.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 24, 2015, 5:03:26 PM
"
weberto wrote:
Hey guys

Sovyn, as usual, awesome guide, its really cool that you still support it

During 1.3 I didn't play much, I now removed the dust on my lazy pally and 2.0 is great.

Having some mana issues unfortunately, I wanted RRRRRB to use IceCrash-Fortify-MeleePhys-WeaponElemental-AddedFire-ConcentratedEffect, I tested that setup and get up to 30k of dps, I figure if I need to keep drinking my mana pot from time to time, at least I'll do as much damage as possible, but right now I have ColdPenetration instead of added fire, eventually I'll get the colors I hope, or another 6link heh

I have 0.78 phys mana leech but that doesn't seem to be enough for ice crash, it does help and its fine with groups of enemies, but I can't get rid of my mana pot yet, Once I get more chromes, I'll try to recolor my gloves so I can replace my fire golem for an ice golem, and see if the extra accuracy and crits helps

Hi weberto, welcome back! Ice Crash is a more mana demanding skill than Static Strike so you can either use blood magic support gem plus run herald of ice for 100% mana reserved, get more mana leech on ring/jewels or you can just use Warlord's Mark or Poacher's Mark instead of Enfeeble.
Hey guys one thing i couldn't understand is about the bandits in act 2. Do you take the 40hp from oak or the skill point? Would really appreciate if someone could clear that up for me =).
And could any1 add me as friend I'm still beginner at the game (reached act 2 so far haha) and the game has really lived up to it's fame for being really complicated so i'am struggling quite a bit.
Last edited by Phayth on Jul 24, 2015, 6:02:25 PM
"
Phayth wrote:
Hey guys one thing i couldn't understand is about the bandits in act 2. Do you take the 40hp from oak or the skill point?

Hi
I am not too experienced with the build (only made it to 50 so far) but I took the skill point option (kill all bandits). We get a lot of damage mitigation (armor, arctic armor, endurance charges), damage avoidance (block) and healing (leech and life gain on hit linked to vengeance), so the 40 flat life (that translates into about 100 in the high levels) has little expression. I rather get the +1 sill point and get something 1 level earlier, or use it to get a jewel.
Breach build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772123
Last edited by nmc09331 on Jul 24, 2015, 6:20:32 PM
"
Fiktivus wrote:
As i said i keep you up to date, what the results of testing Frost Blades are.

Base DPS (while standing in HO) with only Hatred and Ash running, Frost Blades' DPS is about 2k higher, than the DPS of Static Strike. On map the results were, that Charges, Blood Rage etc. on Frost Blades are not as effective, as on Static Strike. Here I got a DPS difference of more than 10k, as you can see on screenshots below:
39K versus ~52K says alot I think.

Testing with other support-gems like GMP, Fork and Faster Attacks only reduced the DPS of Frost Blades even more. Furthermore, Frost Blades don't have any effect like the explosions of Static Strike.

Maybe, if one uses jewels that are made for cold skills, or jewels with projectile dmg it could be possible to reach the same tooltip dps.

I resume: The most advantage of Frost Blades is its high melee range, to can stay away from bosses that will hurt you much. The missing dmg instead would cause to take a lot longer to take monsters down.

Thanks Fiktivus, I thought it might turn out like that. I appreciate your work.
"
nmc09331 wrote:
Hi Sovyn and other fellow lazy pallys

I just hit 50 on Tempest (HC) wth my guy (Defender_of_Taurus) and have a 3440 DPS tooltip on the field (Herald of Fire, Herald of Ice, Fire Golem).
How does this compare with the values you had on A2 cruel?
My weapon:

My links (4L):
LS - Faster Attacks - WED - Added cold

Malachai was much easier than expected, but then again, I read it got nerfed last patch a day or two ago.....

Hi again :)

Last time I was in cruel was in Beta and I was all self-found junk so of course using a 4-link. Sounds about right on the DPS. You can get more np though by using the recommended 4-link setup, Static - Multi - melee phys - WED. If you get a 5th socket it's added fire or fortify. If you want more range maybe the new skill frost blades would be worth investigating (I haven't yet tested it myself although weberto posted some info above. I would use hatred instead of herald of ice when you can sustain your mana properly.
"
weberto wrote:
Update

I changed my gloves for other gloves with life, these are AR/EV
Changed to Tabula Rasa while I get the colors right on daresso's defiance
Switched Cold Penetration for BloodMagic
Switched Fire golem to Ice golem
Added Arctic Armor since I no longer use mana

I'm more happy with this setup, its really hard to sustain mana with ice crash, I did take a dps hit, since I have around 26k max dps instead of 30k without added fire damage, but it feels good enough, only rare or magic mobs with elemental resist seem to last a bit longer, but they all die quite fast.

Also, while my Armor physical reduction went down from 54% to 47%, since I have arctic armour at 12% phys resist, it's actually up, with the added benefit of more fire resistance and slowing enemies that hit me.

Another possible option I guess, would be to change the curse from enfeeble to poachers mark, but I'm not sure how hard that hit would be, specially since I don't have any defenses in chest from using tabula rasa.

You could use elemental weakness instead of enfeeble to make up for the lost DPS. Just a thought. Glad you got it worked out.

Poacher's works fine but not 100% of the time. Maybe 90%. You can watch my static strike act 4 video to check that out.
"
Phayth wrote:
Hey guys one thing i couldn't understand is about the bandits in act 2. Do you take the 40hp from oak or the skill point? Would really appreciate if someone could clear that up for me =).
And could any1 add me as friend I'm still beginner at the game (reached act 2 so far haha) and the game has really lived up to it's fame for being really complicated so i'am struggling quite a bit.

Hi Phayth, welcome.

I took the skill point because GGG resets the skill tree so often I usually need that point for something good.

That said I mention the option to side with oak for the 40 life. It's a matter of opinion which is better. I think you might end up with 100-200 more life if you go with oak if you wouldn't have otherwise spent the point on life but that doesn't really matter. Just do what feels right to you.

Feel free to ask any other questions here.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Phayth wrote:
Hey guys one thing i couldn't understand is about the bandits in act 2. Do you take the 40hp from oak or the skill point?

Hi Phayth, welcome.

I took the skill point because GGG resets the skill tree so often I usually need that point for something good.

That said I mention the option to side with oak for the 40 life. It's a matter of opinion which is better. I think you might end up with 100-200 more life if you go with oak if you wouldn't have otherwise spent the point on life but that doesn't really matter. Just do what feels right to you.

Feel free to ask any other questions here.

I had to run some numbers on this...

at late game, you (Sovyn) have 4700 on a tree that gives you roughly 150% max life. That means your base is 1880 from strength and flat life on tree and items.
40 life on a 150% max life tree means 40 + ( 40 x 150% ) = 100 life
If instead you spend that 1 point n a 5% life node, on the same 1880 base, that gives you:
1880 x 5% = 94 life

The end game life result is exactly the same.
Taking Oak will make it easier to level, since at lower levels 40 flat life plus % max life you may have is better than 5%. but the convenience of having the point is so great that it can't be ignored.
Breach build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772123
Last edited by nmc09331 on Jul 25, 2015, 2:46:09 AM
Hey Sovyn, if you do indeed go back to Static Strike as your attack, is it safe to say you will be using:

Static Strike-Multistrike-Faster Attacks-Added Fire Damage-Melee Physical Damage-Fortify(unsure if youre still gonna use movement to apply Fortify)

Wondering what u were using during that Malachai fight.

Also unsure if you listed the links by your screenshots and didn't think to check/dig through posts to see if you mentioned your Static Strike links.

Let me know, Thank you kindly :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info