[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Fiktivus wrote:
I just tested around a bit with Frost Blades, it seems, that it could be a very nice main atk skill, with the right support combo. Was testing with standard 5L support Multistrike - Melee Phys - Added Fire - Weapon Elemental. Got a 25k tooltip dps with a lvl 12 gem. I think with GMP instead of added fire, this could be very nice. I'll keep you up to date.

Preliminary testing shows that Fork>GMP in coverage. Unsure of damage numnbers, but will keep at it. Let me know if you find anything good :D
"
andrew8448 wrote:

Preliminary testing shows that Fork>GMP in coverage. Unsure of damage numnbers, but will keep at it. Let me know if you find anything good :D

Thanks for that feedback. I just have to wait till evening, have to lend tabula for testing with more than 1 green gem (dont want to waste another 200 chroms to get my 5L Belly 5 linked red sockets ;D )

The problem will be: i only have fork and gmp as lvl 1 gems, but it should be possible to see a tendence.
hi did you try Reave with your build?
I don't think frost blades is that good, it's okay but without a linked gem to help clear packs the map clear isn't that good, not bad but not good either =p. Like with any melee skill that needs a dedicated support just to make it efficiently aoe, that's a downside. Not only does it take a gem slot to do that, that gem slot actually makes you lose dps on single target.

I think frost blades is the toned down melee version of split arrow and like split arrow, needs a single target skill which unfortunately for us we don't use a 6 linked weapon to fill that role.

I guess you could always switch fork/chain out on tough bosses but, that's not lazy at all =p.

I like the skill and it's viable but the skills sovyn lists in his guide are just way too good right now sadly. Cyclone (imo) being the best by FAR.

Edit

I'm not sovyn but I find I like reave a lot. Less of a mana problem and better life leech because it's all physical but since the buff it feels really good at clearing packs, downside is that it has less single target damage than static strike/molten strike although I find molten strikes clear times meh. It feels a lot more responsive than static that's why I like it better (the delay just KILLS me, not literally in game but waiting for that explosion is annoying to me). Also, vaal reave is just too awesome lol. I haven't tested ice crash enough to compare to reave really.

I still vouch for cyclone though, still too good.

Reave is probably my second favorite melee skill with static strike being very close to it.
Last edited by robertsup on Jul 23, 2015, 1:59:42 PM
"
Tuskgor wrote:
I did not read the whole thread, so I hope this has not been discussed before, but I was wondering why you do not recommend Molten Strike as an end game viable attack skill?

Mainly because stuff hitting my back doesn't die whereas other skills it does so clearing times are worse.

Glad you are enjoying though that's the important thing, the lazy pally will work fine with almost any melee skill. :)
"
Tuskgor wrote:
Second questions is about life leech. I invested four points to get to Lust for Carnage, so my total life leech with blood rage is 2% of physical damage (+0.2% of elemental damage from Doryani’s). It still doesn‘t seem to do a lot … Do you think it’s worth the investment? You seem to not have invested in life leech at all. How do you regain life (except from flasks)?

259/sec from regen is the main thing.

Life leech is nerfed too much in 2.0 in my opinion. It can't hurt to have a little but I wouldn't spend passives on it.
"
Buiaka wrote:
Are there any affixes or combination of affixes on maps that are impossible/really hard for this build?

I don't know yet. I doubt it though, especially if you are willing to skip the boss on 150% quantity high maps. :D

Or bosses you are not geared for. (chaos resists, the right flasks and/or purities, other gear weaknesses, situationally)

We could do all mods in 1.3. Handy to have a physical skill, an elemental skill, a blood magic gem in bag to use situationally.
"
Fiktivus wrote:
I just tested around a bit with Frost Blades, it seems, that it could be a very nice main atk skill, with the right support combo.

It's on my to-do list to check this out :)
"
Fiktivus wrote:
The problem will be: i only have fork and gmp as lvl 1 gems, but it should be possible to see a tendence.

Don't forget the gem vendors in Merciless. They would be around level 12 gems. If you can't get it as Templar, maybe you have another character that can. Or a friend.
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
hi did you try Reave with your build?

Not much in 2.0 but I used Reave as primary skill in 1.2 and prior. I think that it's quite directional so monsters behind you won't die and you end up turning sometimes which wastes time. It's a good skill though, the range is great. More expensive than the other skills because it doesn't work with Doryani's Catalyst so your endgame weapon will cost you 5 times as much.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 23, 2015, 4:55:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info