[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
phildo wrote:
I'm working on optimizing my jewels for this build using Aegis Aurora. I already have max block, so what should the jewel stat priority be.

My guess was:
1. Spell block
2. Crit
3. Increased damage
4. Attack speed

Life at probably position #2, won't be cheap though. Mana leech is good if you want to run (e.g., static strike, ice crash, not cyclone) off of mana, probably position #1 in that case.
Hey Sovyn, thanks for the amazing guide and build!

I've been playing Tempest, and while I've been playing PoE on and off since closed beta and I was finally able to progress past act1 Cruel with this build.

Now, I've been wondering some things though:

There are some big elemental res nodes pretty close by on the route that might be pretty useful (like Diamond Skin in the marauder area) instead of some DPS nodes (like crit multiplier maybe). Would you advise to go for some of these nodes on hardcore, or is it overkill to get more res on the tree? Is it easier to just gear for it?
"
MamotromicO wrote:

There are some big elemental res nodes pretty close by on the route that might be pretty useful (like Diamond Skin in the marauder area) instead of some DPS nodes (like crit multiplier maybe). Would you advise to go for some of these nodes on hardcore, or is it overkill to get more res on the tree? Is it easier to just gear for it?

ITS NOT BAD TO HAVE IT. AT LEAST YYOU CAN REGRET IT AFTER U MAX IT BY GEAR!
U GOT HELM, GLOVES, BELT, CHEST AND 1 RING TO MAX THEM (NOT HARD AT ALL)
"
Sovyn wrote:

Granite flask is better if you are concerned about physical hits. I think 90% mitigation for physical is enough. Worry about spells instead.

How would one worry about spells effectively? Max resist is obvious, high spell block, resist flasks, high hp, build hybrid armor/es with aegis aurora = invincible???

Did I miss anything obvious?
"
sockgr wrote:
"
MamotromicO wrote:

Then, if I want to boost survivability on the tree, should I look for more life? Or maybe Inc Armor, Evasion, Shield Defenses?
"
MamotromicO wrote:
Hey Sovyn, thanks for the amazing guide and build!

I've been playing Tempest, and while I've been playing PoE on and off since closed beta and I was finally able to progress past act1 Cruel with this build.

Now, I've been wondering some things though:

You're welcome, MamotromicO! Sock pretty much said it, get Diamond Skin early on if you need it but endgame you should have maxed resists on gear. I do take more resists on the tree than most builds do (40/all is a lot) so it won't be difficult.
"
MamotromicO wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:
"
MamotromicO wrote:

Then, if I want to boost survivability on the tree, should I look for more life? Or maybe Inc Armor, Evasion, Shield Defenses?

I'd say go for more life nodes. Like the circle close to scion. I think the life nodes to the left of templar is worth getting. And with GG jewels you can get some really nice one with like 7% hp and chaos resist, block and stuff.
"
Buiaka wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Granite flask is better if you are concerned about physical hits. I think 90% mitigation for physical is enough. Worry about spells instead.

How would one worry about spells effectively? Max resist is obvious, high spell block, resist flasks, high hp, build hybrid armor/es with aegis aurora = invincible???

Did I miss anything obvious?

Manual dodging is the most effective. I meant worry about as in skip the content if possible or become an expert at manually dodging in softcore first. I've mentioned manually switching to Saffel's before but it never saved me so just manually dodge. Flameblast and such like. Once you are very high level you could use surgeon's resist flasks. Before that I wouldn't bother. There are the respective purities also which can be run instead of hatred for a specific boss you expect trouble from. Even with those I would be manually dodging just in case.
"
MamotromicO wrote:

Bulaka pretty much said it, life is the only thing on the tree I haven't already overkilled IMO. Block is a replacement for life in many situations but not every single one. My tree has a good balance for damage and defenses but if you feel more comfortable with more life you can settle for less block or lower damage (stay with RT at high level for example and skip the crit and accuracy nodes).
"
Buiaka wrote:

I'd say go for more life nodes. Like the circle close to scion. I think the life nodes to the left of templar is worth getting. And with GG jewels you can get some really nice one with like 7% hp and chaos resist, block and stuff.

"
Sovyn wrote:

Bulaka pretty much said it, life is the only thing on the tree I haven't already overkilled IMO. Block is a replacement for life in many situations but not every single one. My tree has a good balance for damage and defenses but if you feel more comfortable with more life you can settle for less block or lower damage (stay with RT at high level for example and skip the crit and accuracy nodes).

I see, I'll try it and see if it work best for me.

Just another question: Anyone tried using this build with Frost Blades? I really like the skill and I'm using it while leveling again, but I don't think it would fit later on, so I'm ready to move to Static Strike. Still, maybe someone tried it, so I'm curious.
Last edited by MamotromicO on Jul 22, 2015, 5:21:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info