[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Stefacle wrote:
So, how many people here plans to start the new Leagues with the Lazy Pally build (I do!)?

Or people plan to continue with their existing chars on Standard/Hardcore with the new tree and play the new content there?

I've heard from a few of each but maybe a few more of the latter. :)
I do plan to take my time and get a full wow experience out of the new Act IV content, which is the main reason why I chose not to touch the beta my self.

I will be focusing a lot on the story and lore this time, so it will probably take me 3-4 weeks to reach end-game maps I'd expect :)

Anyway, I wish the best of luck to all the Lazy Pallies out there, whether they will be playing the new fresh leagues like me or exploring the new content with their existing exiles in the permanent leagues!
I'm playing on continuing to play in standard. Currently 84. I may start a different style of character in the league, although I probably won't get very far with it.
"
Stefacle wrote:
So, how many people here plans to start the new Leagues with the Lazy Pally build (I do!)?

Or people plan to continue with their existing chars on Standard/Hardcore with the new tree and play the new content there?

Just curious :)

i will be running a version of this in tempest, before the last beta whipe i got lvl 84 with no problems.
I'll be running the 'Lazy Pally' in the new SC 'Warband' league as a Duelist for the extra 60% melee damage (left side, straight down to the melee cluster). After that, I'll go left and pick up most of the Templar Area and Resolute Technique, then Finish off the Duelist area and go Right into the Ranger area. At least that's the plan, I may change a few things.

Duelist is my second favorite character behind the Templar but I never really get to play him as I really have only played Spellcaster and Totem builds (because I love them!). I tried this build out very briefly (up until 'The Climb') a few days ago and loved how the mobs missed or died to counter-attacks. Should be fun! :)
Last edited by Jakzca on Jul 9, 2015, 3:30:44 PM
Any idea how this fares against the new A4 bosses?
Off the cuff, from the posts in the Beta forum, it sounds like they're overbuffed (to say the least).
"
Cyzax wrote:
Any idea how this fares against the new A4 bosses?
Off the cuff, from the posts in the Beta forum, it sounds like they're overbuffed (to say the least).

I'll know in the next couple of days but initial beta reports are that we do very well. You can see above that champ3n made it to level 84 with the build in beta that would of course include merciless. I made it quite a ways too and had no trouble. The wipes set me back because I don't play 24/7.... I spend more time updating this guide and answering questions and trading than actually 'playing the game'.
"
Sovyn wrote:
You can see above that champ3n made it to level 84 with the build in beta that would of course include merciless.

Thanks for you answer :-)
However, champ3n said that he made L84 before the last Beta wipe, which (afaik, I could be wrong as I don't follow the beta that much) were where the last bosses were made accessible. From the beta forum, they sound pretty nasty (gamebreaking ridiculously so...).
"
Cyzax wrote:
Thanks for you answer :-)
However, champ3n said that he made L84 before the last Beta wipe, which (afaik, I could be wrong as I don't follow the beta that much) were where the last bosses were made accessible. From the beta forum, they sound pretty nasty (gamebreaking ridiculously so...).

I'm sure we can handle it as well as any melee build and melee is stronger than most right now. Die? Sure but everyone will. Don't try it in hardcore until GGG tunes it down.
I had previously thought about playing the HC league in 2.0, but for now I think I'll stick to the SC league :)

Probably gonna play a Marauder this time around as I would like something different from Templar. Marauder always was my favorite character, and the first one I played way back in closed beta, so I feel attached to the big guy :)

Should be easy enough, just change the 3 starting nodes, and then stick to the Lazy Pally tree. Might be short on INT, but can always pick up a +30 INT node if needed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info