[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi Sovyn. I just finished merciless at level 63. The only problem I have is Piety. I have to group for the Piety kill (to get the two passive points). Once I get to her level I'll try her again solo. I did have a death in solaris. I ran into a room with about 15 little flag creatures and at least 4 multi-fireball flags. All the little guys rush at me at once and pop my molten shell then I got hit with a couple of waves of fireballs. I didn't even have a chance to pop a flask. Now I know what the limit is to this build. You got a fun build here, thanks for showing me the way.

Shield charge is a great escape route. If you are surrounded and want to get out you just click at a clear area and SC will push all the creatures trapping you out of the way.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jun 25, 2013, 8:05:11 PM
Just finished Merc with this build, soloed Piety at lvl 63, 0 deaths and 1 trip to town for full bottles =) Epic build with good killspeed and no need for superb gear <3
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Hi Sovyn. I just finished merciless at level 63. The only problem I have is Piety. I have to group for the Piety kill (to get the two passive points). Once I get to her level I'll try her again solo. I did have a death in solaris. I ran into a room with about 15 little flag creatures and at least 4 multi-fireball flags. All the little guys rush at me at once and pop my molten shell then I got hit with a couple of waves of fireballs. I didn't even have a chance to pop a flask. Now I know what the limit is to this build. You got a fun build here, thanks for showing me the way.

Shield charge is a great escape route. If you are surrounded and want to get out you just click at a clear area and SC will push all the creatures trapping you out of the way.

Congrats on finishing the storyline. :)

Happy the build was useful to you, I have been having fun with it!

As far as Piety I am trying to remember what level I was when I did her for the first time (merciless). I think that was before they raised the area level of Lunaris though.

In any case, I'm finding that I'm noticeably more survivable after level 70 for some reason. I think it's an accumulation of little things.
"
Snipux wrote:
Just finished Merc with this build, soloed Piety at lvl 63, 0 deaths and 1 trip to town for full bottles =) Epic build with good killspeed and no need for superb gear <3

Congrats! That's a good showing on Piety. :) I do think one can't do much better with junk gear than this build, and of course, with uber gear it would really be amazing. :)
I stumbled upon this build while looking for some use for my
. I am level 35 now (in the midst of Act 3 Normal), and until now it has been an incredibly fun build. I played countless hours in Closed Beta as well as Open beta and have never breezed through the content at such a quick pace. This is the first build I could facetank Marceus the Defaced with. Thanks for sharing it!
My gear is pretty decent as I have lots of low-level stuff I found on other chars. As this build is going so strong ATM, I have focused on IIR and IIQ gear and was rewarded with three uniques over the last few days. I use
- Heavy Strike as singel-target skill
- Cleave as AoE (it's weak for 1h, but it's OK ATM)
- swords or axes because of Cleave
- Tempest Shield with Added Lightning Damage. It does not improve the damage much, but I'll see how it scales.
- Shield Charge as movement skill to quickly get to and away from monsters.
I also have a Stone of Lazhwar, which with Tempest Shield comes in handy when fighting the Voidbearers in Docks: The spell block removes the bulk of Incinerate damage, while Tempest Shield shocks them to oblivion ;-)
I'll keep you posted on how I proceed.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Another first time: I could never facetank Gravicius before. I had to get away once because he hit me with Flammability and started Molten Shell
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
"
Thyrandor wrote:
I stumbled upon this build while looking for some use for my
. I am level 35 now (in the midst of Act 3 Normal), and until now it has been an incredibly fun build. I played countless hours in Closed Beta as well as Open beta and have never breezed through the content at such a quick pace. This is the first build I could facetank Marceus the Defaced with. Thanks for sharing it!
My gear is pretty decent as I have lots of low-level stuff I found on other chars. As this build is going so strong ATM, I have focused on IIR and IIQ gear and was rewarded with three uniques over the last few days. I use
- Heavy Strike as singel-target skill
- Cleave as AoE (it's weak for 1h, but it's OK ATM)
- swords or axes because of Cleave
- Tempest Shield with Added Lightning Damage. It does not improve the damage much, but I'll see how it scales.
- Shield Charge as movement skill to quickly get to and away from monsters.
I also have a Stone of Lazhwar, which with Tempest Shield comes in handy when fighting the Voidbearers in Docks: The spell block removes the bulk of Incinerate damage, while Tempest Shield shocks them to oblivion ;-)
I'll keep you posted on how I proceed.

Thanks for posting. :) Glad you are having fun! Sounds like good progress and with IIR/IIQ at that - I would not have been so bold as to try that, but of course I have never found good IIR-IIQ gear except perhaps a couple of Aurseize.

Best of luck going forward!
Hey, again, it's me.

Since my last post I have bought two rings an amulet and found an upgrade for my belt. I am sitting at a little less then 2300 HP, right now, at level 62. I have killed the mercenaries and got that skill point and am now going for the Vaal Oversoul then will move onto Act 3.

As I have found that some of the large packs can be a real pain, I have decided to change my Double Strike gem with a Ground Slam gem -using a mace right now- but it actually is not that much better without multistrike or any kind of attack speed increase so a 6 link chest -5 red, 1 green for Multistrike, Melee Phys Damage, Stun, Heavy Strike, Ground Slam and Faster Attacks-. I have also changed my Blood Magic gem for a Multistrike gem -linked to Heavy Strike- and I have now 2345 DPS on that but the %1 Mana Leech is not enough as I had to wait a couple of seconds before spamming Heavy Strike while killing Oak last night -I have 77 spare mana after Determination, Purity and TS-, might switch Stun with Blood Magic.

Actually, just switched some gems. New links are:

Shield Charge - Melee Phys Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage on Boots - 929.1 DPS
Blood Magic - Melee Phys Damage - Heavy Strike - Multistrike on Gloves - 2345.7 DPS
Blood Magic - Melee Phys Damage - Ground Slam - Faster Attacks on Chest - 974.6 DPS

I think this will work out well.

I have two questions to ask.

1- I got the Marauder tree skill way early in my build, should I use Regrets or just keep on? Actually here is my skill tree at level 62:

Spoiler

2- Will Added Fire Damage affect the damage of Molten Shell? It has 1021.5 DPS right now.

Sorry for the wall of text.
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
"
Altorparia wrote:
Since my last post I have bought two rings an amulet and found an upgrade for my belt. I am sitting at a little less then 2300 HP, right now, at level 62. I have killed the mercenaries and got that skill point and am now going for the Vaal Oversoul then will move onto Act 3.

I have also changed my Blood Magic gem for a Multistrike gem -linked to Heavy Strike- and I have now 2345 DPS on that but the %1 Mana Leech is not enough as I had to wait a couple of seconds before spamming Heavy Strike while killing Oak last night -I have 77 spare mana after Determination, Purity and TS-, might switch Stun with Blood Magic.

Actually, just switched some gems. New links are:

Shield Charge - Melee Phys Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage on Boots - 929.1 DPS
Blood Magic - Melee Phys Damage - Heavy Strike - Multistrike on Gloves - 2345.7 DPS
Blood Magic - Melee Phys Damage - Ground Slam - Faster Attacks on Chest - 974.6 DPS

1- I got the Marauder tree skill way early in my build, should I use Regrets or just keep on? Actually here is my skill tree at level 62:

Spoiler

2- Will Added Fire Damage affect the damage of Molten Shell? It has 1021.5 DPS right now.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Thanks for posting. :)

- The choices are maybe not optimal but I would keep on. You need Bulwark soon I would guess.

- You will need quite a bit more life to face merciless Vaal solo. You might consider leveling up an enfeeble gem for Vaal. Or, trade for more upgrades first. Vaal is the hardest encounter in the game.

I run this with 1% mana leech and rarely run out:

-Not added fire damage, but the following will work with molten shell:

Iron Will
Chance to Ignite
Elemental Proliferation
Fire Penetration
Concentrated Effect
Increased AoE
Life Leech
Crit Chance
Crit Damage

Concentrated Effect does give a lot of damage, but without any other AoE modifiers the blast becomes too small to hit big monsters like bears without manuevering right on top of them.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Thanks for posting. :)

- The choices are maybe not optimal but I would keep on. You need Bulwark soon I would guess.

- You will need quite a bit more life to face merciless Vaal solo. You might consider leveling up an enfeeble gem for Vaal. Or, trade for more upgrades first. Vaal is the hardest encounter in the game.

I run this with 1% mana leech and rarely run out:

-Not added fire damage, but the following will work with molten shell:

Iron Will
Chance to Ignite
Elemental Proliferation
Fire Penetration
Concentrated Effect
Increased AoE
Life Leech
Crit Chance
Crit Damage

Concentrated Effect does give a lot of damage, but without any other AoE modifiers the blast becomes too small to hit big monsters like bears without manuevering right on top of them.

Thanks for the reply.

Just turned 63 and took Bulwark right before I took on Vaal solo. Honestly I have died two times because of that Slam attack of its, I wasn't quick enough to hit Shield Charge to steer clear of that. Other than that it wasn't much of a pain. Vaal Oversoul dropped this:

It will be nice for my ranger for a while I guess.

I will try the gems, thanks for the tips.

Edit: Actually here is another question. At what point will I actually need Chaos Resistance? I am running around with -%60 and it is pretty annoying.
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
Last edited by Altorparia on Jun 27, 2013, 6:08:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info