[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
BlueTank wrote:
why don't you use glacial hammer + melee splash?

My mana leech can't keep up with that combo. :) I'd also have to use a mace, and I've never found a decent mace even close to my axe DPS wise.

Also, I'd have to have another socketed item to accommodate it (I have one left, the weapon, that I could use to make room someday for another attack). That said, I'm not feeling a need for it. Did you watch the standard clearing I did in my Lunaris 2 video, after Kole? As you can see, I'm killing several monsters at once with my heavy strike/multistrike.

Today, I even tried hatred instead of tempest sheild for some docks farming and the DPS went up even farther. (3200 on tooltip)

What do you think the best combo would be? What about using blood magic gem as well if you can get a 5L or 6L chest somehow?
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
BlueTank wrote:
why don't you use glacial hammer + melee splash?

My mana leech can't keep up with that combo. :) I'd also have to use a mace, and I've never found a decent mace even close to my axe DPS wise.

Also, I'd have to have another socketed item to accommodate it (I have one left, the weapon, that I could use to make room someday for another attack). That said, I'm not feeling a need for it. Did you watch the standard clearing I did in my Lunaris 2 video, after Kole? As you can see, I'm killing several monsters at once with my heavy strike/multistrike.

Today, I even tried hatred instead of tempest sheild for some docks farming and the DPS went up even farther. (3200 on tooltip)

What do you think the best combo would be? What about using blood magic gem as well if you can get a 5L or 6L chest somehow?

No - I did that for a while but realized it was not very good. My life was fluttering up and down and healing flasks were not very effective. I was slightly more vulnerable that way. I'd rather stay at full life until I get hit.

I'd just add more on to what I have if I had a 5 link and at least 2% mana leech on gear.

From the guide:

Four, Five or Six linked socket item: Heavy Strike (red) - Melee Physical Damage (red) - Faster Attacks (green) - Multistrike (red) - Life Gain on Hit or Stun or Added Fire Damage or Added Lightning Damage or Blind (choose one or even two of these last ones if you are very rich)
I found two decent belts today in the docks.

Here's the one I've been using since I was a wee fellow:

I found these two:

I chose the chain as it edged out the others slightly. That was a surprise as I was biased against chain belts as I think they are "spell caster" gear. :)
I dont know if your familiar with diablo 2 and the paladin zealot build. Well anyway i use to love running this build and i was wondering would i be able to recreate something like that with this build you've provided?
IGN GiggleShits
~FerociousFister
"
diablosbettr wrote:
I dont know if your familiar with diablo 2 and the paladin zealot build. Well anyway i use to love running this build and i was wondering would i be able to recreate something like that with this build you've provided?

Yes, I played Diablo 2 extensively. I think my paladin was using charge. However, my barbarian had zeal on a runeword he used for a while. I think zeal just hit several targets fast, like 5 times. Well, my heavy strike + multistrike pretty much works the same way. With a fast weapon and the swing speed provided by the passive skill tree in this build, it should feel similar! :)
Yeah 5 hits sounds about right lol use to love the grief pb and holyshield/setup and what seems similiar about this build is the tempast shield and i was thinking about maybe running frenzy for speed to maybe get that fanatiscm aura feel. What do u think about that? Im currently running a groundslam mara atm and i love him i just wanna have another char but it seems like the knockback on heavy strike would interfere with letting enemies mob around you or am i wrong?
IGN GiggleShits
~FerociousFister
Nice build.
"
diablosbettr wrote:
....but it seems like the knockback on heavy strike would interfere with letting enemies mob around you or am i wrong?

It can a little but they re-approach. It's not a big deal, you can see how it works in a crowd in a couple scenes from my Lunaris 2 clearing video. It's yet another defensive mechanism really. You might actually like double strike better. It swings like crazy with multistrike and faster attacks. I would actually prefer it over heavy strike, but the damage effectiveness is so much lower (70% vs. 150% for HS). Not impressed with frenzy.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Nice build.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! *waves*
Started to use multistrike at act 2 merciless and.. well I really don't like it. Not sure what to do, with it I don't have a real aoe now and the clearing speed is way too low. I need a better weapon but I don't know.. Was thinking about maybe trying out ground slam for aoe and heavy strike (without melee spalsh or multistrike) for single target.

I just sadly feel the same way again(!), that I sacrificed damage to get a bit tanky, but I don't feel tanky at all (I get damage and I deal no damage lol). I know merciless is supposed to be hard but still.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info