[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

At act 3 cruel at the moment, wasn't able to play in the previous few days. The gear of course still sux, though my armor seems to be okay, the resist is really nice (I think I maxed, or nearly maxed), but hp is an issue right now. Had to group up for Vaal, and since I believe he could have 1shoted me with his 'hammer time', all I was doing was hiding behind a witch's skirt. :DDDD
Bought this awesome shield from Goratha. :)

I was able to get some hp, I have 1,8k at the moment. With this shield the big issue is the armor. I dropped 2 int nodes at the top, and dropped diamond skin (atm 75-75-50% res is enough) for iron reflex. With it and with determination I have 2k armor now. Everything looks cool.
The big problem is, that I'm not going by the guide. I think I will retract it, but for now it means way too much armor. While with the evade I only got like 14%, which is nothing in my opinion.
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
Bought this awesome shield from Goratha. :)

I was able to get some hp, I have 1,8k at the moment. With this shield the big issue is the armor. I dropped 2 int nodes at the top, and dropped diamond skin (atm 75-75-50% res is enough) for iron reflex. With it and with determination I have 2k armor now. Everything looks cool.
The big problem is, that I'm not going by the guide. I think I will retract it, but for now it means way too much armor. While with the evade I only got like 14%, which is nothing in my opinion.

Nice shield. :) A little low on the evasion, and you probably don't run a leveled up Grace yet, which is why your evade chance is low. Later on you can get a better one if you don't mind trading for it.

When you get better gear and leveled up determination, you will have well over 3k armor without IR.
So for later levels will full armor/ES gear be enough? I like the idea of going full armor/ES gear, but I worry that my armor won't be high enough. Or would energy shield compensate for that?
I made a video of a merciless Piety run today. My video recording program kept crashing, so this was my 5th Piety kill trying to record it. Unfortunately, it is not my cleanest run, but I got the job done. I lagged pretty badly toward the end because my system does not perform its best while recording 1080p video and gaming at the same time. :)

Link to youtube
"
Route1 wrote:
So for later levels will full armor/ES gear be enough? I like the idea of going full armor/ES gear, but I worry that my armor won't be high enough. Or would energy shield compensate for that?

Unfortunately, I don't think armor / ES gear will work well.

ES does not regenerate during combat so it will be 'down' most of the time, so not much benefit there.

And, your armor will be very low so you will be taking a bit more damage on average from normal monsters.

I'd go with straight armor gear (except the shield), as high armor and life values as you can get.
"
Sovyn wrote:
I made a video of a merciless Piety run today. My video recording program kept crashing, so this was my 5th Piety kill trying to record it. Unfortunately, it is not my cleanest run, but I got the job done. I lagged pretty badly toward the end because my system does not perform its best while recording 1080p video and gaming at the same time. :)

Link to youtube

Well that one looked risky. D:
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Link to youtube

It is!

Although she actually rarely kills me.

Obviously, my equipment is very bad for a level 70 tank. That's because I'm self found. Any trader would have much better stuff so it would be easier.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Link to youtube

It is!

Although she actually rarely kills me.

Obviously, my equipment is very bad for a level 70 tank. That's because I'm self found. Any trader would have much better stuff so it would be easier.

Yeah, well I'm not hesitating on getting a better gear from traders for sure, since if I die the character gets insta deleted. :[
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
Yeah, well I'm not hesitating on getting a better gear from traders for sure, since if I die the character gets insta deleted. :[

Definitely a valid choice, and one that makes sense for HC. I just thought I would try something different as I'm usually a rich merchant type in games I play. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 14, 2013, 7:56:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info