[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
kossuvissy wrote:

This is 120points build right?

Yes, I always start there to see how it compares with the current build and then scale it back for the progression builds. You can start leveling it though, the start of the tree is not likely to change.

I'll update the official guide by the time 1.1 goes live.
Here's the best I can do with the new Mara area in the mix. Better than before 1.1, for sure. Now I think there is a chance we can use it. There are some tradeoffs, of course.

Build passing through Mara

Build going around Mara (as previously posted earlier today)

Differences, respectively -

+214 to Dexterity

+268.5 to maximum Life

211% increased Melee Physical Damage

282% increased maximum Life

2% of Life Regenerated per Second

155% increased Defences from equipped Shield

0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge

+12% to Chaos Resistance

40% increased Block Recovery

33% increased Attack Speed

vs.

+194 to Dexterity

+258.5 to maximum Life

221% increased Melee Physical Damage

274% increased maximum Life

1% of Life Regenerated per Second

115% increased Defences from equipped Shield

+8% to Chaos Resistance

Enemies Cannot Leech Life From You

36% increased Attack Speed

Comments -

As you can see, there are only minor differences between these two builds. Avoiding Mara entirely gives us 10% more damage and 3% more attack speed at the cost of 8% life and 10 flat life, 1% regen. Very minor.
The guide has been updated for 1.1.0. Changelog update:

03-05-2014 -- Updated skill tree links for compatibility with PoE version 1.1.0. Updated total stats (120 points), and miscellaneous changes to gear recommendations.

Really there are changes sprinkled throughout, but minor, for consistency's sake. I also removed mentions of legacy items as I don't feel that is appropriate. Toned down my enthusing about Bringer of Rain and Aegis Aurora, naturally. They still have their place.

On the routing of the skill tree, I opted for a conservative approach that maintains pretty much what we had pre-1.1.0, just with a touch of additional damage. Why change something that works so well. And, there are tradeoffs to any other approach, there is no clear-cut better path. For instance, the % max life was not very strong in the route passing through the Mara area I mentioned earlier as there were many points spent getting through there. This was especially true in the critical 90-110 point builds and I did not care for that.
Thanks Sovyn for making the adjustments so quickly. I think a lot of us are freaking out today :)
Lost about 300 health somewhere in there but blocks are same, dmg seems a lil higher
Last edited by Rawnur on Mar 6, 2014, 4:36:06 AM
I'm quite happy with my respecced version (as Sovyn sagely adviced, no weapon-specific nodes now). Damage is slow (only 2k splash damage with Hatred), but if I ever get a better weapon (especially a sword for Reave) I should be fine. And the build really feels rather unkillable with max block. Thanks for the advice Sovyn!

Are there any new Vaal gems worth trying out with this build (other than Vaal Immortal Call linked to a high-level Cast on Damage taken and Increased Duration)?
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Is this build still doing fine with nerfed life lich mechanics?
Why not? Most of the defense of this build comes from combined Evasion + Block + Armour ... for spells there are unfortunately not a lot of options and the only node (12% of block applies to spells) is already in here (acrobatics would hurt us more than it would benefit).

For that this build needs items like for example Stone of Lazhwar which gives additional block. Maybe try to get some chaos resist as they are hard to come by.

Some good life nodes (like that double-12%) are gone, but overall that build got stronger with the patch imho - with the reworked Marauder area it's more easy to get even more Max-Resist (which Sovyn unfortunately didn't built in), more block (to make use of the bucklers that give even more evasion) or life regen.

It's not a high-end-super-crit-megafast-clear Build but it is very very flexible and survives about anything.
"
daish0 wrote:
Why not?

Well, because there is no way to replenish your HP anymore?
It's not as if they removed Life Leech altogether. Unless you're doing a LOT of small hits in a small amount of time (like for example Barrage or Incinerate), the only difference you'll see is that you'll be leeching less life after combat is over and all the monsters are dead. Which can be problematic against poison damage or burning damage but not much else. During combat itself, you'll still be leeching at the same rate as before since it was and is still capped at 20% of your life total per second anyway.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Mar 6, 2014, 9:56:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info