[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Xeneize wrote:
Another question.... What are your thoughts on Vaal Pact? Worth it?

I think that, at least for the build without Aegis Aurora, Vaal Pact is no good because it's handy to be able to hit a flask and get a heal without having to hit a monster or go to town. Mostly a boss thing, life flasks and regen, which you lose by taking Vaal Pact, enable circle and snipe tactic if gear check is not met. On the other hand, with Vaal Pact, you don't have to run with any life flasks or worry about running out of charges. This would enable carrying more staunching and granite flasks instead. So, for really well geared players that never feel a need to circle and snipe, Vaal pact may be a reasonable option.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Which part of the skill tree is Amplify located? I think I'm blind...

Right near our starting location, above the first life cluster. You can also type the word amplify into the search box on the passive skill tree page and it will be highlighted yellow.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Which part of the skill tree is Amplify located? I think I'm blind...

Right near our starting location, above the first life cluster. You can also type the word amplify into the search box on the passive skill tree page and it will be highlighted yellow.

Oh there it is. I thought it was some super far node for the witch. And thanks for the tip.
Personal update. I updated the current gear section on the first page. I know it's been a long time since I have updated that, so many of the items are different. Clearing efficiency is up vs. the setup I was using a few months back. I also took amplify on the passive tree a while back. Updated the guide a while ago too with amplify and a couple more damage nodes in the 120 point build, but not sure where to put that in the progression builds, so for now, up to you guys when to get it.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Personal update. I updated the current gear section on the first page. I know it's been a long time since I have updated that, so many of the items are different. Clearing efficiency is up vs. the setup I was using a few months back. I also took amplify on the passive tree a while back. Updated the guide a while ago too with amplify and a couple more damage nodes in the 120 point build, but not sure where to put that in the progression builds, so for now, up to you guys when to get it.

Okay, I've tried Reave with a sword I found, and it's really effective. But my biggest issue with that skill was the whole feel to it. It didn't sound good, the animation was kinda lazy, and it doesn't feel as visceral as Heavy Strike + Melee Splash. Heavy Strike + Melee Splash + Faster Attack feels so good when you see things exploding with that heavy thud sound from Heavy Strike.

Don't think I'll be using Reave anymore, but it's definitely one of the fastest AOE melee skill I've used so far. Good damage too!
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Don't think I'll be using Reave anymore, but it's definitely one of the fastest AOE melee skill I've used so far. Good damage too!

Got to use what you like and find fun, after all, that's the point of doing this at all. :) However, I assume you have seen my research posted toward the bottom of page 256. I'm going to go with the skill that clears areas the fastest.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Got to use what you like and find fun, after all, that's the point of doing this at all. :) However, I assume you have seen my research posted toward the bottom of page 256. I'm going to go with the skill that clears areas the fastest.

Yep saw it. I am usually playing with a friend on that infamous lightning arrow build with his shadow, so if we aren't clearing groups fast enough I just blame him. :p
Hi there.

I'm looking for a good Lightning Strike build, and since I've had a few previous characters that was very squishy, I was wondering if one could run this build with Lightning Strike as the main attack?

If not, could anyone point me to a strong Lightning Strike build?

Thank you :)
"
Arctyrus wrote:
Hi there.

I'm looking for a good Lightning Strike build, and since I've had a few previous characters that was very squishy, I was wondering if one could run this build with Lightning Strike as the main attack?

If not, could anyone point me to a strong Lightning Strike build?

Thank you :)

Hi Arctyrus. :)

Yes, this build works fine with LS. I'd go through Catalyse at the start instead of Faith and Steel, and get the Static Blows notable and chance to shock, but we are very close to those.

Also, you will need a mana leech support gem for LS.
Thank you very much for your build.

I am playing for about 10 days now, after a year break from a bad experience in open beta.

I used your build as a guide, and kept the character alive until mid cruel, where my inexperience caused me to die multiple times.

For self-found, it is amazing, so many other builds have high-end uniques as their start point, i.e character build will not work without them.

Thanks again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info