[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Nice to see you keep finetuning the build, keep it up.

I was wondering if by any chance you also would like to make a 120 build for people aiming for the advised unique gear.

Got my hands recently on a

(dont have the gear to remove the leech gems yet)

Next items on todo are Aegis Aurora + Rainbowstride.
Last edited by Bloemist on Jan 2, 2014, 6:25:24 PM
"
Bloemist wrote:
Nice to see you keep finetuning the build, keep it up.

I was wondering if by any chance you also would like to make a 120 build for people aiming for the advised unique gear.

Got my hands recently on a

(dont have the gear to remove the leech gems yet)

Next items on todo are Aegis Aurora + Rainbowstride.

Not a bad idea, friend.

I think I have some general advice in there as to what to do with BoR (remove block nodes to get it down to 75% and put them into damage nodes) but perhaps I should do this. I'd probably grab Seasoned Sinew with the saved points, assuming one does not have the final, final weapon yet.

One core tenant of the build is to make it work for folks who are new or strictly self found, so that's why it's as generic a build as possible.
Guide updated - changelog notes - Updated weapon section to be more weapon type agnostic, with some additional detail. Updated recommended skill gem section to include AOE attack skills for specific weapon types. Updated the linked sockets section to coincide with attack skill section.
Hey! can't believe i'll be making another update =)

I finally hit lvl 88..after playing 2 toons to their 80s+. And By far, this build can go to lvl 78 maps without a problem (last was courtyard with ele weakness, increase dmg!). I mostly use heavy strike in group plays and dominating blow for farming/solo.

I'm pretty much completed my gearing this toon and move on to another!

offensive stats:

heavy strike goes for: 20.8 k ~ dps, but can easily be 21-22 K with Q20 gems.

Dominating blow: 15K ~ dps

stats defensive

gear
Spoiler
Last edited by Molochmane on Jan 3, 2014, 1:34:56 AM
"
Molochmane wrote:
Hey! can't believe i'll be making another update =)

I finally hit lvl 88..after playing 2 toons to their 80s+. And By far, this build can go to lvl 78 maps without a problem (last was courtyard with ele weakness, increase dmg!). I mostly use heavy strike in group plays and dominating blow for farming/solo.

I'm pretty much completed my gearing this toon and move on to another!

offensive stats:

heavy strike goes for: 20.8 k ~ dps, but can easily be 21-22 K with Q20 gems.

Dominating blow: 15K ~ dps

Congratulations on sticking with it and being officially the highest level Lazy Pally that I am aware of. Well done, Molochmane.

I'm sure your flock of Dominating Blow 'minions' do far more damage than the 15K tooltip DPS. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
Guide updated - changelog notes - Updated weapon section to be more weapon type agnostic, with some additional detail. Updated recommended skill gem section to include AOE attack skills for specific weapon types. Updated the linked sockets section to coincide with attack skill section.

Hey Sovyn and the rest of the lazy Pallies, long time no see. Due to work I didn't have much time to actually play, so I am still lvl 75 and given this post of yours, it is time for me to post one of my thoughts again. I am heavily considering to actually rush the nodes that you took to complete the 120 build of yours and take them right now, so my 100 build will (almost) look like your 120 build without the Scion life ring and the Sentinel node and I will instead conclude the build with the Sentinel node, the Scion ring (and the slight extension of the templar side of the tree up to the chaos resist nodes, which I haven't taken as of yet).

Pros of the rushed 100 nodes choice:

-you get almost 10 very good nodes (in my opinion considerably more efficient in total than the life nodes from the Scion ring) right here, right now and without having to spend the 2 or 3 (very valuable at the moment) nodes on the +10 str ones you need to get to Sentinel and the life ring, especially if one has opted for Aspect of the Cheetah instead of Berserking.
-if you have crappy gear like me, these earlier choice of these good nodes before hitting 80 will help you more towards your progress, since they will give you more stats (and namely more time) until you improve your gear by the later levels.
-for those who don't usually level their toons a lot past lvl 80, this option is probably more efficient.

Pros of the 100 nodes choice as in the guide:

-the Sentinel node is awesome and you get it around 7 levels earlier than the other choice (I would expect to get Sentinel around level 84 in the rushed choice, while with this choice you would get it around level 77 maybe).

Any thoughts? I think it is a legitimate discussion to compare the two choices a bit. Maybe Sentinel is just too good to delay, but then again I wouldn't be so sure...

Cheers
Hey, do you think it's possible for you to post the numbers that we're aiming for with gear?

I'm not sure how much block I want, or how much Evasion vs. Armor I want.

This build has been amazing for me. Level 63 so far with no signs of slowing down.
Help me

I've been going through this build for a while now. Im at then end of act 2 with normal difficulty (level 25). The problem is I don't have enough damage to kill anything fast enough. My damage is pitiful to say the least. I have 60 DPS and my wep which is a lvl 23 wep so it shouldn't be that far behind right?

Any suggestions would be great, I don't know how to make it higher.
"

Hey Sovyn and the rest of the lazy Pallies, long time no see. Due to work I didn't have much time to actually play, so I am still lvl 75 and given this post of yours, it is time for me to post one of my thoughts again. I am heavily considering to actually rush the nodes that you took to complete the 120 build of yours and take them right now, so my 100 build will (almost) look like your 120 build without the Scion life ring and the Sentinel node and I will instead conclude the build with the Sentinel node, the Scion ring (and the slight extension of the templar side of the tree up to the chaos resist nodes, which I haven't taken as of yet).

Hi. :) Yes, as I mentioned a few posts back, looking at the progression builds again is on my to-do list, I just have not gotten around to it yet. :)
"
Ralthrus wrote:
Hey, do you think it's possible for you to post the numbers that we're aiming for with gear?

I'm not sure how much block I want, or how much Evasion vs. Armor I want.

This build has been amazing for me. Level 63 so far with no signs of slowing down.

Hi there, Ralthrus. :)

Sure, I'd be happy to.

I have around 40% each mitigation and evade, 75% block, 47% spell block, 75 each resists, -60 chaos resist.

Here's a picture -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info