[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

merry x-mas and have a tanky new year
Hi Sovyn. I've been playing using your build on Nemesis and it's been great. I'm level 45 in Act 3 Cruel. I also bought a Crest and a Stone already and I feel pretty tanky with decent DPS. My one question is what you think about this slight revision to your build (90pt build).

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREckA2I020-fAfBLOiABRNgW8CcZ48TdiMdjrY7DgaOKeEkFXAGlnzZp6sqvrSJ-1yqR0UcH3E9nzZTDWplYBWPC0oxRoyT33GrvO-UWC3Pv4K52OI8axZNZK18qlueA2-igHcpBkb-iXfhNlY21Pfm4Osr4Tv55F07cOGeu9gSwUtQKAhYJ65dPEY21uv3Q38xVb6Z6DuDnRBh3Ya23fXSn3Xy38rt9PWij3iSO4brdE2

I skip the path by blood magic and instead go through the center life circle. I lose 2% life leech but I think that it's more efficient in terms of both points spent and the life I can pick up along the way (the 2 12% life nodes are offset by the life nodes picked up along the life circle). I also allows for elemental adaptation, if I choose, at a later level. I also still have access to 1 +30 int node if I need it.

What are your thoughts on this?
IGN OnlyUphillFromHere (SC)
Buyout Shop: http://tinyurl.com/l59bsmc
"
firewish589 wrote:
Hi Sovyn. I've been playing using your build on Nemesis and it's been great. I'm level 45 in Act 3 Cruel. I also bought a Crest and a Stone already and I feel pretty tanky with decent DPS. My one question is what you think about this slight revision to your build (90pt build).

Hello, firewish589. :) Glad the build has been working well for you.

That route works, but takes 4 levels longer to reach the Duelist/Ranger nodes. If you have some life leech elsewhere (as you do at least for now with Crest), it may not matter losing the 2%.
"
firewish589 wrote:

I skip the path by blood magic and instead go through the center life circle. I lose 2% life leech....

Losing Blood Drinker is a huge deal and is not worth it. Towards the end game you will be dealing >10k dps, regenerating 2% of 10k is very significant IMO, it will almost certainly give more than natural life regen.

While you do have the Crest for now, you evantually need to switch out of it. As far as I can tell, life leech modififer is fairly expensive on items...
Last edited by Paperwork on Dec 26, 2013, 7:24:16 PM
So, after two days of farming with 251 iir and 66 iiq (killed Hillock merciless about 100 times...), i have still been out of the stone of lazwhar.

This morning, i decided to play a new fp templar (got a 45 templar with full respecc).
I needed to level up some gems, and so i went to ledge, cruel.

Guess what..., the first rare mob dropped this :

So, finally i got it!

:-)

people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
i find the 12% spell block node is not so useful than i first thought
because capping spell block is such a huge problem, unless you gimp yourself (using rainbowstride and stone of lazhwar to get 97% block chance applied to spell)
this means losing all the useful stats from amulet and boot

my solution is using saffel's frame vs spell casting boss, which will give you instant capped spell block (only by pressing X back and forth)

It is not so easy to get a saffel's, when you play selffound...

And the stone works very well.
Tested it at the docks, and the voidbearers have been food for my sword.

It is a huge difference between selffound and trading.
It took me about 500 hours of gameplay with all my chars, to get that amulet.
And i don't think, that i will ever face a saffel's.

edit: i just counted my whole gameplaytime with all chars. It is more than 926 hours...
i think i play too much...

people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
Last edited by qualopeqh on Dec 28, 2013, 2:18:13 PM
"
qualopeqh wrote:

So, finally i got it!

Congratulations! :)
"
laburnum wrote:

my solution is using saffel's frame vs spell casting boss, which will give you instant capped spell block (only by pressing X back and forth)

That is a nice idea friend, but it would require two decent weapons rather than just one. I do find that 47% spell block is just fine and I get to keep my regular shield up too as often spell casters are mixed in with other types such as projectile and melee monsters, where the ordinary shield is much better. I personally would not use rainbowstride unless I'm also using an Aegis Aurora.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
laburnum wrote:

That is a nice idea friend, but it would require two decent weapons rather than just one. I do find that 47% spell block is just fine and I get to keep my regular shield up too as often spell casters are mixed in with other types such as projectile and melee monsters, where the ordinary shield is much better. I personally would not use rainbowstride unless I'm also using an Aegis Aurora.

not if you are using facebreaker, since you dont require any weapon

i would not use the new rainbow stride even with aegis aurora
the reason is because of its sub-par stats
i have already around 300 ES with ONLY Aegis Aurora (without any ES nodes), which mostly suffices for tanking white mobs

by using stone of lazhwar, you have to give up other stats on amulet which is equivalent to at least 6 passive points

Last edited by laburnum on Dec 28, 2013, 5:28:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info