[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

This build is ok for nemesis ?
"
Rienslol wrote:

this question was here like 10 times or more if you would care a little bit you could read last few pages and get the answer ffs. it's getting boring repeating same stuff to lazy players even if its lazy pally guide.

before ive made my templar i've read all pages here.
You guys might find this interesting, or amusing, but I am running magic find at the moment with a modified version of this build.

With 2 level 20 reduced mana gems, and the Sovereignty nodes, I run all 4 ele resist auras, picked back up the 2 10% shield resist nodes I had dropped -- so I can run 2xAndvarius and Aureseize, plus my somewhat iir boots. This might not seem like a big deal, but I think it's hilarious considering I'm also running Bringer of Rain, which is 2 ring slots giving -40 resist, and no resist on head or armor... but yet I still get max resists.

Running 212%rarity, no quantity on Infernal Blow Splash, 277%rarity 42%quanity when I cull bosses and rares. Maybe not as much as true mf'ers, as I don't really know, but being able to mf being tanky is great fun.

I tried this out because I bought a Divination Distillate, and got frustrated at the lengths I had to go to make sure it was active on yellows and bosses. This build is too tough! So, I sold it.

Edit: My build is maybe only somewhat like the other recent Aegis Aurora builds. I don't take US, to try to get the spirit Sovyn's evasion philosophy by evading everything that is blind at 75%. I attack so fast that nearly everything is blind within a second, 1.5 tops. I have an ugly 15% rcold node at the moment. I also gut through fire resist nodes at the cost of an extra point.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQSzBS0S4RQgFm8XLxkuGYUaMho4GlUb-h0UI00kqiXfJ-0oxSmlLdI26DbpOthANkRyR35MNU3YTipPfVBHUWBT31XGVdZXDVjbWfNZ_mBLYSFko2TnZU1mnmoeajtqk25pcH1yqXTteu982YBWgKSBb4TEhNmE74x2j0aQVZHOm4OePJ7NoLSiAKQZpzCnhKgYqZWrxayqrK-0-bZBud277b6nwA_AGs9l0NDSIdJN1e3ZYeNq7DjvDvAf8i_zvvPd97760vuq
Last edited by butteryone on Nov 21, 2013, 2:22:10 PM
"
Quixote77 wrote:
Happy to report that my lazy pally can tank and beat Piety with relative ease -- a personal achievement for me!

Anyone has tips on beating Dom though? My resists are all capped at 75%, and probably overcapped in some, but I keep getting creamed by his lightning and closeup AOE spell. Having trouble overcoming his henchmen as well. Do I need to kite more or armed myself with topaz flasks?

Dominus is quite a ramp up in difficulty from anything else in the game, outside of high maps.

Kill the unique female caster first as she casts lightning thorns.

When Dominus shows up, you will see he casts some totems, these have cold beams going between them, stay out of there.

When Dominus starts with the lightning blasts you should be overcapped on lightning resist a bit. Topaz Flasks work here momentarily, or just try to avoid it.

If and when you get to the final form (giant demon thingy), stay in the circle he casts, you will die unless you are near him when the fancy golden circle is on the ground. He's not that hard to tank in this form fortunately. Just make sure one of your flasks has 'staunching' on it to remove bleeding if necessary.

Here's one of our fellow lazy pallies creaming Dominus in Merciless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5_y8CniFjs
"
Dragosani wrote:
why not connect multistrike with cyclone?
i'm using this setup: cyclone+ms+physical damage+faster attacks i have over 900dps on 61lvl if ill switch to HS i have over 3k but this cyclone setup lets me just dance around hundred mobs and kill them all, it costs me 98mana to use but i have leech 4% and 6% life, tried few minutes ago without multistrike and my cyclone stopped after few mobs without mana, also i didn't seen any benefit when using cyclone without MS so can you tell me more about it?

Cyclone with Multistrike causes you to automatically move between three different targets, if they are far apart at all (you can't choose) you will be locked into spinning between them and will die if it's a dangerous situation at all as you cannot move away or break the cycle. Desync is bad with this combo as well. Added fire damage or blind would be a safer choice.
"
clogman wrote:
Great guide, keep up the good work.

Just a question.
You mention under Gems, to only level Molten Shell to level 8.
But your Molten Shell in your gloves are level 16.

So do you still recommend keeping it at lower levels ?

Hello clogman. :) As I mention in my current gear post, the gems in my gear are incorrect after the recent 1.0.1 patch. I'm self found, so level 1 replacements don't grow on trees, unfortunately. The guide is correct.
"
shyftyx wrote:
Hey Sovyn, reporting back with some results...

Gears are fairly modest for the most part (nothing beyond 4-links), but it's been working out pretty well. I started with a Duelist base and getting Ondar's Guile earlier on was pretty helpful. I'm currently level 61 and facetanking was mostly a non-issue - back in Cruel Scepter of God, I was able to facetank Caliga with no problems. It was pretty amazing and I hope I can do this again in Merciless!

DPS isn't as good as my Templar, but survivability is much better with the Duelist and I'm okay with that. I feel if I can get my hands on a Bringer of Rain, DPS should get a lot better. Good job on the guide!

Congrats on adapting the build to the Duelist, shyftyx! I knew you could do it. :) Let us know if you run into any problems in Merciless. Problems are usually gear related so we can advise.
"
Rienslol wrote:

Hello Rienslol. :)

Yes, the build is about the best melee build for hardcore as we stack all of the defenses available. That said, if you have never played through the game before, I would probably not start with a hardcore character as there are many gotchas you have to know when to expect. A play through on Standard will let you learn all of the ins and outs first.

Also, for Hardcore, a semi-ranged attack skill may be a better choice (which this build can accommodate), although I am not dying hardly ever with the build using heavy strike (I do play Standard mostly).

As with any build, if you don't want to die, there is a gear threshold to meet. We can get by pretty well with only a few ex worth of gear. It's a relatively cheap build for the defensive part of things. No uniques required. A cheap Stone of Lazhwar is helpful though.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 21, 2013, 3:42:08 PM
"
butteryone wrote:

Running 212%rarity, no quantity on Infernal Blow Splash, 277%rarity 42%quanity when I cull bosses and rares. Maybe not as much as true mf'ers, as I don't really know, but being able to mf being tanky is great fun.

It does sound like fun. Glad you could pull it off, well done! :)
Thanks for clear explanation Sovyn ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info