[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Brendonias wrote:
Thanks for updating your build, logged on last night got half way through a map and was like wait... something is wrong here. Had to buy new gems but at least the build works again.

Here's my current setup, i switch the ammy sometimes depending on high density caster mobs.
Definitely need to upgrade my weapon and mana leech ring, i like the in your face tanking thanks for your contribution.

Hello Brendonias! Looking pretty good. You may be able to pick up Body and Soul which would be beneficial with Aegis Aurora as you would end up with 12% more blocking than you need following the standard build with your gear. I'd probably drop the two plain 2% nodes near the duelist area and the Bulwark line, making sure to keep the nodes in the ranger area.
Hey there the only thing i found lacking in this build is a little more chaos resist however prior post to mine linked an item that might just solve all my chaos damage problem.

AWESOME BUILD - love it to bits although i sometimes feel it is a little lacking in dps but then again i have gone a little heavy on the defense side.
Hello Sovyn, first thank you so much for the build, im currently in act 3 cruel and im loving it. my question is what kind of DPS should i aim for at level 70 or so? i have a "blender" duelist that can do 4500 DPS BUT cant progress much past 67 maps because the gear he needs would cost me several exalts that i dont have yet, is it possible to get 5K at level 70 without needing more than say 1-2 exalts ?
"
goat4dinner wrote:
Hey there the only thing i found lacking in this build is a little more chaos resist however prior post to mine linked an item that might just solve all my chaos damage problem.

AWESOME BUILD - love it to bits although i sometimes feel it is a little lacking in dps but then again i have gone a little heavy on the defense side.

Welcome to the thread, goat4dinner. :)

We don't need chaos resist much once we have Ondar's and Grace leveled up. This is because most chaos damage occurs as a projectile, thus very low chance of actually breaking through our defenses.

I myself run -60 chaos and never have an issue.

That's fortunate as good chaos resist gear is too expensive.

Low DPS is usually a matter of gear, not keeping up with weapon upgrades as you level up is the most common problem. Past that, quality gems for the attack skill, and items with strong physical damage in all slots except boots and amulet. Many users of the build achieve 15K or so physical DPS with relatively good gear without sacrificing defenses, which is plenty to clear fast.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Low DPS is usually a matter of gear, not keeping up with weapon upgrades as you level up is the most common problem. Past that, quality gems for the attack skill, and items with strong physical damage in all slots except boots and amulet. Many users of the build achieve 15K or so physical DPS with relatively good gear without sacrificing defenses, which is plenty to clear fast.

thats good to hear as i am new to the game ( only played about 3 weeks ) i have very few high end currency to spend on gear. so i hope to get to 5-10K about 70-75. one more question though is
a good item to still hang onto around 70 or should i ditch it for something better ( i do plan to take all block nodes as planned in the build )?

also how would you rate this sword for this build ?
Last edited by doctruscott on Nov 14, 2013, 5:25:34 PM
"
doctruscott wrote:
Hello Sovyn, first thank you so much for the build, im currently in act 3 cruel and im loving it. my question is what kind of DPS should i aim for at level 70 or so? i have a "blender" duelist that can do 4500 DPS BUT cant progress much past 67 maps because the gear he needs would cost me several exalts that i dont have yet, is it possible to get 5K at level 70 without needing more than say 1-2 exalts ?

Hello and welcome, doctruscott!

I too have played a blender. He does less damage than my lazy pally. *laugh*

Yes, you can get a ~300 (290 to 310) DPS weapon for around 1ex if the seller is not greedy. Just make sure it's (at least mostly) physical and fast. That will get you to your target without having to spend for any uniques. If you find a good rustic sash too, great.
"
doctruscott wrote:
one more question though is
a good item to still hang onto around 70 or should i ditch it for something better ( i do plan to take all block nodes as planned in the build )?

Perandus is fine, but around 70 you will want a 37% block vaal or corrugated buckler with over 400 evasion.

The sword looks good for its required level but will be lackluster damage wise later on as it can only have 3 sockets (as with any shield or 1-handed weapon.)

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
doctruscott wrote:
one more question though is

Perandus is fine, but around 70 you will want a 37% block vaal or corrugated buckler with over 400 evasion.

The sword looks good for its required level but will be lackluster damage wise later on as it can only have 3 sockets (as with any shield or 1-handed weapon.)

awesome thanks for the advice, its nice to see someone willing to give advice to us newbs :)
Few updates on my progress so far. I finally went ahead and bought a Multistrike gem even though tons of people advise against it for Glacial Hammer. Don't listen to them, they're liars. It works out perfectly! Everything is frozen about as often as with faster attacks. I got a new helm and that brought up 1 of my resists to capped and another just a few points behind. I'm probably going to move some resists from my belt to a new pair of gloves and cap out another. The only thing that'll be behind is my fire resists by about 15 points or so...

Now the real question. I'm moving resists from my belt in hopes to squeeze some more damage out of that slot. I can either grab a rustic sash with as much phys dmg/ life/ armor and that extra fire resists OR grab a Magnate. I'll still be shy a little fire res but that can be made up in a ring or something, and I'll be out a little life (i'm only at like 2k right now at lvl 65) but I think that extra damage would help a lot...
Thoughts? Suggestions?

OH BTW, I'm currently doing Kole/ Piety runs and some level 66 maps if they seem unintimidating and I dont have any problems surviving anything really. I facetank Piety in all of her forms and kole can't 1 shot me xD
Last edited by nbriles2000 on Nov 14, 2013, 6:02:31 PM
"
nbriles2000 wrote:

Now the real question. I'm moving resists from my belt in hopes to squeeze some more damage out of that slot. I can either grab a rustic sash with as much phys dmg/ life/ armor and that extra fire resists OR grab a Magnate. I'll still be shy a little fire res but that can be made up in a ring or something, and I'll be out a little life (i'm only at like 2k right now at lvl 65) but I think that extra damage would help a lot...
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Best is a rare rustic sash with a good roll on the damage plus high armour plus high life, and a resist you need. Meginord's is a good second choice. Magnate, not so good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info