[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

how to setup the new Cast on dmg taken ?
"
how to setup the new Cast on dmg taken ?

I'm not the best one to make recommendations really. But here is what I have done so far:

Cast When Damage Taken Leveled Up + Immortal Call + Increased Duration
Cast When Damage Taken level 3 + Enfeeble level 6 + Enduring Cry level 6

Don't know where to throw in Molten Shell. Love the skill, but self stunning myself to cast it doesn't happen too often. I also carry at least 2 Granite Flasks with me. It's a lot easier to
chug a flask for armor than self cast Molten Shell.

I found that the low level Enfeeble and Enduring Cry are still awesome. Just not as awesome.
Last edited by Dongaldo on Nov 13, 2013, 12:39:38 PM
"
nbriles2000 wrote:

Here is my mace

I really haven't found anything thats an upgrade for less than a few ex.

It may not be every day, but there was a fellow selling a 318 DPS mace for 1 ex here.

Of course, other types of weapons are easier to find (swords).

Basically, find the low 300ish maces and make them a 1 ex offer, someone will take it. :) An indexer site helps.
Hey guys - I have a few blue shields I've rolled - perfect for blocktemplars.

Spoiler

Let me know ingame (WarWaffle or PiperOfHamelin) if you are in need.
"
iDGames wrote:
Why isn't it better to get the +18% physical damage from the bandit quest in Cruel instead of the passive skill point? 18% seems a lot to me.

Hello iDGames. 18% is fine, but not that big a difference. I prefer to have a point that can be spent on the tree to advance the build further. It is also much less costly to reallocate as GGG changes the game.

The quest would be done at a time when the tree is still rather tight, and we are reaching for the important things.

Later on, that one point could be the difference between having Weapon Artistry and not, and that's a better choice, just as an example.

Either way is fine on this one, you won't go wrong.
"
cloudscraper wrote:
what do you think of THE ANVIL unique amulet?

seems good for this build, but the amulet which gives block to spells is also probably awesome

They are both good choices. I would not use the Anvil without 30% run speed boots and even then it feels a bit slow going.

I like Lazhwar as it does something I can't replace on the passive tree. So does the Anvil of course, but I prefer the spell block overall. It makes a nice difference in maps with many spell casters. Piety too.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
nbriles2000 wrote:

Here is my mace

I really haven't found anything thats an upgrade for less than a few ex.

It may not be every day, but there was a fellow selling a 318 DPS mace for 1 ex here.

Of course, other types of weapons are easier to find (swords).

Basically, find the low 300ish maces and make them a 1 ex offer, someone will take it. :) An indexer site helps.

welp, I found a mace thats pretty damn close to 300 deepz and I got it for 15 chaos

my damage still isn't over 3k though. I gained a couple hundred, but I guess I still dont get it lol
"
nbriles2000 wrote:

welp, I found a mace thats pretty damn close to 300 deepz and I got it for 15 chaos

my damage still isn't over 3k though. I gained a couple hundred, but I guess I still dont get it lol

According to my calculator, it's 260 DPS. If only it had attack speed. Don't forget to make it 20% quality though. :)
To all -- the guide is now updated for patch 1.0.1. The triggers section and suggested links sections are revised.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Dongaldo wrote:
Thank you so much Sovyn! What a fast response!

Welcome! :) Have fun!

Wow. Your recommendations boosted my DPS, Armour, Evasion and Life pool all while maintaining maxed block and resistances.

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much I appreciate your assistance and build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info