Upcoming Buffs to Bows - Impact on PvP?

"
The problem with bows like with 2h, which GGG apparently does not acknowledge, is not the low dps, but the fact bow/2h chars have no shield..

And on the eighth day, our Lord Christ Wilson created: Rearguard.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
The problem with bows like with 2h, which GGG apparently does not acknowledge, is not the low dps, but the fact bow/2h chars have no shield..

And on the eighth day, our Lord Christ Wilson created: Rearguard.

now all they need is "increased block with quiver" nodes and done deal xd
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
I can't really take all of you seriously if you havent played puncture char vs acrobatics then you really dont understand the 0-100% matchup :( Try that sometime and don't complain till you do lol.
"
Lordsidro wrote:
I can't really take all of you seriously if you havent played puncture char vs acrobatics then you really dont understand the 0-100% matchup :( Try that sometime and don't complain till you do lol.

I didn't know you did a lot of HLD. I don't recall seeing any of your characters there. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Which IGN's have you played there competitively?

On the other hand, the people that have already commented on puncture in HLD on this thread, have played quite a lot of it.

Puncture mines can 1 shot any build, quite easily. I don't think there's any debate about this. There's 5 mines, so 5 chances to hit. The chances of getting a crit, with the mirrored harbinger builds are quite high.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:

I didn't know you did a lot of HLD. I don't recall seeing any of your characters there. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Which IGN's have you played there competitively?

On the other hand, the people that have already commented on puncture in HLD on this thread, have played quite a lot of it.

Puncture mines can 1 shot any build, quite easily. I don't think there's any debate about this. There's 5 mines, so 5 chances to hit. The chances of getting a crit, with the mirrored harbinger builds are quite high.

He is talking about lld imo. Also there's no need of acro to destroy a puncture char. Any good melee with rt tears them apart. Even with the so called "OP" conv trap I get totally wrecked vs oats_pt duelist. Lucky round when I kill him once, if I ever do. I might suck hard tho. Who knows XD

tl;dr Puncture chars are just retarded in tvt. Not that hard to beat 1vs1 imho.
S1 Europe LLD champion :)

Last edited by SirEdwards on Aug 12, 2014, 5:24:57 PM
"
SirEdwards wrote:

He is talking about lld imo. Also there's no need of acro to destroy a puncture char. Any good melee with rt tears them apart. Even with the so called "OP" conv trap I get totally wrecked vs oats_pt duelist. Lucky round when I kill him once, if I ever do. I might suck hard tho. Who knows XD

tl;dr Puncture chars are just retarded in tvt. Not that hard to beat 1vs1 imho.

^
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:

On a more serious note. ..

In a 1v1 scenario its really hard to hit someone w/ mines even with clever construction in hld.

There are quite a few ways to break traps, like throwing multitrap bear traps (bypasses clever construction), arc, melee splash, etc.

It's also quite difficult to hit a single target without multiple arrows in hld.

I feel like punc is really hard to balance. In a 1v1 scenario where you get rushed by a acro/block char you will get raped hard, but in team games it is incredibly strong and versatile.
Shop:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/242144

IGN: phatdood

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info