Congratulations GGG QA\balance team.

"
Morsexier wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

And that's from the perspective of one of the worse classes, but you can already see marauders hit 25 without taking the swords in a 40 minute scenario... you give them another 20 minutes and they will full clear every single zone.

I'm literally the only person universe who does this.

Right, but the point is that it's possible. I mean if you can hit 25 in 40 minutes without the swords... with another 20 minutes don't you think you would end up doing exactly the same thing that templars and witches are doing now... full-clear every zone past brutus?

I just don't see how changing the race back to a 1 hour duration would solve the problem, if anything it would make mob-density even more of an issue.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 18, 2014, 4:23:40 AM
"
jstq wrote:
Right now you really need to be a better clicker to do well in d:c. Every 5 second you loosing in inventory is 5 seconds of last 3 zones. Faster people got more time to clear last zones. And you need perfect density. ExileHUD can help too.

I knew it! All those seconds waste picking up fire trap could've been 5 seconds killing (and getting killed by) arcers in Halls 3!

That's how they're beating me by 400k exp!

Spoiler
ExileHUD helps too.
"
SlixSC wrote:
Right, but the point is that it's possible. I mean if you can hit 25 in 40 minutes without the swords... with another 20 minutes don't you think you would end up doing exactly the same thing that templars and witches are doing now... full-clear every zone past brutus?

I just don't see how changing the race back to a 1 hour duration would solve the problem, if anything it would make mob-density even more of an issue.

Keep dreaming saying everyone fully clears. You keep assuming everyone plays on tip top pace. If it was an hour it would allow more of a gap to grow between clearing areas and choosing when to advance. You are living in a fairy tale or just dont have enough experience in this race.
"
terrex wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

Keep dreaming saying everyone fully clears. You keep assuming everyone plays on tip top pace.

The people who don't are irrelevant to this conversation. (as if the duration of the race makes any difference to a person that is just casually strolling through the race LOL)

"
If it was an hour it would allow more of a gap to grow between clearing areas and choosing when to advance.

No it wouldn't. If the next sig race was 1h DC all records would be full clears for pretty much all classes (except ranger and shadow maybe, depending on what happens to the swords), guaranteed.

"

You are living in a fairy tale or just dont have enough experience in this race.

You know what, it's alright. I really, really hope the next sig is 1h DC, just so I can see all you people bitch and complain about how all records are full-clears and it's 100% about mob-density.

That would give me so much satisfaction.

Some of the ideas people post on this forum are so blatantly moronic, there isn't even any point in arguing. The only way you people will ever learn is by seeing your own ideas fail in practise.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 18, 2014, 9:03:44 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
You know what, it's alright. I really, really hope the next sig is 1h DC, just so I can see all you people bitch and complain about how all records are full-clears and it's 100% about mob-density.

How much of the 1 hour DC did you do? I've done probably 80% of them or more. You are obsessed with this idea everybody 100% clears each area which is completely false.
Almost all casuals seemed to enjoy this season a lot, so in that sense GGG was successful.
Think only negative thing I heard was schedule, but that's always there anyways.

Guessing by the end there will be a grand total of 50 accounts hitting 1k reward, which is a huge step up in bringing in new highly motivated players. Maybe make a fixed descent champion for next season signature so all the casual flame blasters will stick around, and maybe even bring in their friends!

As much as I'd like to write a huge wall of text about everything I feel they should fix, I'd rather just let it be. No one really wants an even competitive field were you have to put in time to get somewhere. The majority just want some easily earned shiny epics.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
SlixSC wrote:

Some of the ideas people post on this forum are so blatantly moronic, there isn't even any point in arguing. The only way you people will ever learn is by seeing your own ideas fail in practise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQB21eIoCYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL55_ysO-j4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h25CM2C-MM

Care to show me where I cleared 100% each area?
"
terrex wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

How much of the 1 hour DC did you do? I've done probably 80% of them or more. You are obsessed with this idea everybody 100% clears each area which is completely false.

No that's a strawman. Not everybody full-clears, but witches and templars that have set records in 40m DC have.

So what possible expectation could I have if the race was extended back to a 1 hour format?

Even if you remove the swords, Mors has hit 25 in 40 minutes without them, you add another 20 minutes and how would that not just result in all records being full-clears for most, if not all classes, especially given that the zones were streamlined before this season?

"
terrex wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQB21eIoCYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL55_ysO-j4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h25CM2C-MM

Care to show me where I cleared 100% each area?

Which is absolutely irrelevant. Almost no good racers competed in DC back then, so congratulations you won against no competition without full-clearing.

Unbelievable how myopic some people are.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 18, 2014, 9:16:22 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:

Even if you remove the swords, Mors has hit 25 in 40 minutes without them, you add another 20 minutes and how would that not just result in all records being full-clears for most, if not all classes, especially given that the zones were streamlined before this season?

Given the layout changes, it might be a bit small with just the 20 minutes straight added onto it. The old DC had larger areas, more deadends, thats where the extra time was balanced out. You guys completely forgot this I think. There were no faceroll swords to get 40-70% ms the entire race.
"
terrex wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

Given the layout changes, it might be a bit small with just the 20 minutes straight added onto it. The old DC had larger areas, more deadends, thats where the extra time was balanced out. You guys completely forgot this I think. There were no faceroll swords to get 40-70% ms the entire race.

So change the layouts back and make the race a maphacker's wet-dream? Brilliant. (and totally not self-detonating *sarcasm*, given that so many people specifically asked GGG to streamline the race)

Honestly, what's to stop anyone from just maphacking at this point, if the only solution to a non-competitive setting is to make the race more layout-dependant?

Don't you see the absurdity in that?
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 18, 2014, 9:21:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info